PDA

View Full Version : Lk. St. Clair in August !

Sam
07-22-2002, 08:55 AM
I was thinking about a Donzi day on Lk.St. Clair on August 24th. Let's start a list of who can make it.

Sam

Ranman
07-22-2002, 10:26 AM
Count me in!!!

Rootsy
07-22-2002, 11:00 AM
unless something catastrophic arises count me in too!

Root

Boat_Mon
07-22-2002, 11:16 AM
I'm putting it in the calendar!! Sweet!!

olredalert
07-22-2002, 11:18 AM
------Dont change on my account but Ill be in Carlisle Pa.for the Corvette show that weekend.The two weekends before that Ill be in Cal.Busy month.Rather be on the water.Oh well!.............Ol red!

KRAVEN
07-22-2002, 03:23 PM
Count Liz and me in.

Brad Lyon
07-22-2002, 07:29 PM
Bummer, count me out. I have to go to Mission Point Resort on Mackinac Island from Thurs. 8/22 to Sun. 8/25.

Brad

smoothie
07-22-2002, 08:43 PM
I dont see why not,sure I can be there!

blue-z
07-22-2002, 08:52 PM
Don't see why not! Would be putting in at the lighthouse at the mouth of the Detroit River. Could dine at the Sandbar Restaurant (10 minute ride. Awesome eats (your U.S. currency goes a long way). Right on place. Gull Island??? etc.

Boat_Mon
07-23-2002, 12:38 PM
Ok, Mindy (wife/social coordinator) checked the calendar, we're clear for that day so we'll be there for sure, settle on a time as we get closer.

Sam
07-29-2002, 06:34 PM
It looks like we will have a good turnout for this gathering. I will be gone for two weeks begining 8-3 so I thought I would post this. For those of you coming in from out of town your best bet to launch would be at Metro Beach on Lk St Clair. As we get closer to the 24th I will post some directions. There are other sites as well and I can post those to. If you plan on spending the night let me know and I can give you some hotels to check out. In the meantime if you have any questions regarding the launch site try Randy Oak.

Randy, let's paln on chating about some posible cruise plans ect. Give me a shout either before the 3rd or after the 17th. I am looking forward to seeing everyone, take care and happy boating.

Sam

Sam

Sam
07-31-2002, 07:35 PM
After talking to Randy to we decided to make a slight change in plans. Instead of launching at Metro Beach we will launch at the DNR site at the foot of the Clinton river. This is located off S.River rd east of Jefferson by a few miles. For more specific directions give Randy Oak a shout.

We would like to meet at the ramp at 9:00 and be on the water by 10:00. By getting on the water at this time we can take advantage of the calmer morning conditions. If you need a hotel room let us know and we can steer you in the right direction. See you on the 24th !

Sam

Boat_Mon
07-31-2002, 07:37 PM
Never launched over there, plenty of parking??

Boat_Mon
07-31-2002, 07:45 PM
Brad Lyons....

Let me tell you, if it's an option, TAKE YOUR BOAT!!! I just got back from a weekend up there, the only difference is I stayed in Mackinaw City. I had 4 people in the 18' barrelback and we had a ball!! You can dock over next to Arnolds Ferry Pier over on the island. Have fun

Ranman
07-31-2002, 07:53 PM
The Sheriff's launch at the mouth of the CLinton River is off of South River Road. There are roughly 18 available ramps and tons of parking. Also this launch site has a daily cost of $3. In contrast, Metro Beach has only 4 ramps with less parking and the daily pass is $7.

In the next few days I'll post directions to the ramp, local lodging options and a short list of the days events. Stay tuned.

Doug G
07-31-2002, 08:50 PM
We're in, too. Look forward to meeting up with everybody.

Doug

Brad Lyon
07-31-2002, 09:07 PM
Boat_Mon

That's a great idea. Just one problem though, how do I get 4 adults, 4 children and 8 bicycles on my Classic 18? No cars aloud on the island you know!

Brad

Boat_Mon
07-31-2002, 09:26 PM
Brad,

Do you have a bike rack?? :p and how big are the kids? Just kidding, sounds like a great family trip, the island is looking great as usual. Have fun!

Sagbay32
08-01-2002, 05:38 PM
Brad,
Cram the Adults and kids on (or in) the boat and rent the bikes :D

Or, make two trips both ways w/ passengers (more donzi time) :D :D and then rent bikes!

Brad Lyon
08-01-2002, 07:54 PM
The family should have a good time, but this is a training trip for me. I have 28 hours of classes to take in the four days that we will be there.

Hope you all have an great time on LSC and maybe we can set up something for September that I would be able to make. I still would like to have a get together on the Titty River sometime. We already have four Classics and two Regazza's on the river.

Brad

KRAVEN
08-15-2002, 08:22 PM
Liz and I talked with Mark at Browns bar and grill on the Middle Channel and he is willing to do a appetizer lunch with 2 drink tickets for $20.00 per person.If anyone is intrested let us know and we will makw arraingements.Looking forward to seeing everyone on the 24th.

Sam
08-18-2002, 06:21 PM
Well I'm back from a two week cruise with the mother ship. We loged approx 700 miles with no problems. So now it's time for a long over due Donzi ride. Lets get a total count for all planing going on the Lk St Clair cruise. Obviously I'm in !

Sam

Doug L.
08-18-2002, 08:20 PM
I will be there.Weeds or no weeds.
Doug

Boat_Mon
08-18-2002, 08:23 PM
Ok, so the wife backed out, but I still have clearance so I am in for sure! My buddy is also coming along he has a 21'Cobalt. ( It's no Donzi but it's a sweet boat)

Kraven,

I'm in on the food or whatever...I'll just go with the flow since I don't know the crowd all that well yet...whatever we do I'm sure it will be cool!

I'll be pulling my yellow&White '67 Barrel Back with a Maroon Expedition.

As far as the launch we are using. If I'm not mistaken, we're going to the ones at the very end of S. River rd?? Just want to make sure.

See y'all soon!

Boat_Mon
08-18-2002, 08:26 PM
ALPHA SS........DAMN THE WEEDS :mad:

Donzified
08-18-2002, 08:27 PM
Aug. 24th I'll be tied to the whipping post.

"We all have to our time in the barrel."

Rootsy
08-18-2002, 08:46 PM
avoiding any catastrophies at work or with the boat this week and managing to get some damn gaskets to seal i'll be there (where the %#$# are my valve covers :mad: )...

Doug, get a hold of me or i can give you a hollar so we can coordinate if you want to caravan saturday.

i'll bring a few props with me if anyone wants to try a cleaver or something... donno what the schedule is or anything, anyone have it all figured out?

Sam
08-19-2002, 03:18 PM
Jammie, depending on the weather we have a cruise route in mind as well as a lunch stop. With this much water to play on we can always find good water. With a little luck mother nature will help us out with low winds. I will try and have some basic charts made up just so you know where you are at and going.

Sam

smoothie
08-19-2002, 09:19 PM
Sorry Guys,
I was really looking forward to cruising along side you guys and shooting the s@#t with ya but I will be in Nagoya,Japan for a part run off,it was supposed to be in Sept. but they moved it up two weeks,This really sucks,I will be losing two weekends meant for boating :mad: Catch ya next time...

Boat_Mon
08-19-2002, 10:26 PM
anyone else?? Randy O, you gonna make it??

Ranman
08-20-2002, 08:45 AM
Hi everybody. I just wanted to pass on some information regarding the gathering.

- Here's the attendee list so far:
Randy Oak
Sam Pilato
BoatMon
Bill and Liz (Kraven)
Blue-Z
Doug R-23
Doug Lovins
Jamie Root

- The event date is Saturday Aug 24. Unfortunatly, the forecast so far is calling for thunderstorms. If, on Friday, the forecast still calls for storms on Saturday, we will postpone the gathering until Sunday Aug 25. PLEASE POST IF YOU CAN MAKE SUNDAY IF SATURDAY IS RAINED OUT.

- We are planning on meeting at the DNR Launch at the foot of the Clinton river at 9:00am so we can all be launched and on the water by 10:00am. This will allow us to take advantage of the morning's calm water.

The address of the launch ramp for mapping is:
33135 S River Rd
Harrison Township, MI 48045

To get to the DNR launch:
- Get to I-94 EAST (you can take I96E to I696E to I94E, or I275N to I96E to I94E, etc.)
- Take I-94 East to Metro Parkway
- Turn right off of exit ramp onto Metro Pkwy
- Follow to Jefferson Ave (about 5 mi.) and turn left heading North (this is the road right in front of Metro Beach Metropark. If you enter the park you went too far.)
- Take Jefferson north until it ends at South River Road (about 1 mi.)
- Turn Right on South River Road and follow until it ends. The last driveway on the right is the entrance to the launch ramp. Be sure to stop at the booth and pay your $3 for the day.

- Sam is planning to make a few copies of the local charts for the folks who don't have one. This will give you a general idea of where we are and where we are going. We are planning on leaving the launch and heading to the South Channel (shipping channel). We will then follow the South Channel North to the St. Clair River. At the St. Clair River, we plan to go up the river a mile or two, then head back and take the North Channel out to Anchor bay. We'll then head to "The Raft" restaraunt at the North end of Anchor Bay for lunch. After lunch, we'll head to Gull Island and tie up for the remainder of the afternoon.

- If anyone needs lodging information, contact me directly at roak@directsourcing.com. If anyone from the West wants to caravan (Jamie and Doug L) we can meet up in the morning at my house (I-96 and Inkster Rd) and head the rest of the way to the lake. Email me if anyone wants to do this.

- Anyway, I think that covers everything for the most part. Post here or contact me directly if you have any additional questions.

KRAVEN
08-20-2002, 07:40 PM
Sam,
Liz and I are looking forward to seeing everyone again.We will meet everyone at Gull Island,Liz broke her foot and it is a bit uncomfortable to cruise in rough water for her.Lets hope the weather gods smile on us for Saturday,if not Sunday will be ok.We will be on the east end of gull,look for us.

Boat_Mon
08-20-2002, 08:36 PM
You guys I'm dieing!!! I busted a valve spring today!! AAAAAARRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Who has a good High perf. shop I can get this thing into and get it fixed by this weekend....anyone? anyone??? please??????? HELP!!!!!! I'm running Manley Stainless one piece exaughst valves...the bummer is they only had 20 to 30 hours on them!!! Those springs are supposed to be able to handle a constant 7200 rpm. frown

Doug G
08-21-2002, 04:08 PM
Hey everybody,

Looking forward to seeing everybody on Saturday or Sunday. We're about 95% sure, got some potential family issues. Another spot to consider might be to hit Jack's and/or the Beach Grill on the Nauticle Mile. Lots of go-fast's at Jacks on Saturdays. Just a thought.

Doug

jwright
08-22-2002, 12:00 PM
I hope you have a great time! I will not make it... I am so busy moving and getting in my house in Bay City. This is the first time i have checked the board in weeks!
I will make it next season!

Ranman
08-23-2002, 09:14 AM
Looks like the forecast has improved so we're on for tomorrow Saturday Aug 23.

Tomorrow: Mostly cloudy skies early will become partly cloudy later in the day. High 79F. Winds NNW at 5 to 10 mph.

We still plan to be at the DNR launch at 9:00am and ready to go by 10:00.

Jamie, I talked to Doug today and he said he is going to meet at my house on the way (which is about the 1/2 way point). We will be meeting at 8:00am at 7 Mile and Inkster. Doug has my number and will call tomorrow when you guys are close.

If anyone needs to call me here are my numbers:

313-255-4442 H
248-830-2390 C
248-208-8347 W

See everyone tomorrow.

Rootsy
08-23-2002, 11:24 AM
I'll be there ready to go if i can manage to get my valve covers to stop leaking tonight... thank god for Ultra Black... i shall prevail... just gotta get the inside all cleaned up and things around... hopefully it stays nice tomorrow!!!!

Ranman
08-23-2002, 12:18 PM
Jamie, The weather forecast is looking much better than what they were saying yesterday.

If you have a problem with your boat and for some reason cannot get it back together, come anyway. Ride with me, Doug or Sam. See you tomorrow.