PDA

View Full Version : A/C get together has been moved

Shanghied Again
07-24-2001, 05:04 AM
I moved the A/C date. The new date will be announced I am trying to nail down Race Weekend at Trumps in Sept. Everyone I talked to wants to have a get together at The Waters Edge in Bayville on Sunday Aug 12th at 11.00am So far there is 11 Donzis meeting there. If I get A/C this will be limited to 20 boats do to the race boats will be docked at the Marina. I will keep everyone posted.

Scott Pearson
07-24-2001, 06:23 AM
Frank,
Sounds like things are working out! Did you get any information on the Maryland show? Should be a cool weekend if we all get together.

(NJ)Scott :cool:

MikeMiller
07-24-2001, 07:05 AM
Frank,

Keep me posted as to the dates. Looks like I will make my way to maryland for the Jackson Marine show (if Nick doesn't go).

Let me know if I can help.

Mike Miller
Donzi Marine

GeneD
07-24-2001, 01:21 PM
Hey man...this would be VERY cool!
Am I reading this right Frank? Donzi get together during the race? Now THAT would attract some publicity!
I saw the article in Hot Boat about the Awakening and boy was I psyched for you guys!
Great pictures and great article.
Good Job!
2 months to Atlantic City!

Shanghied Again
07-24-2001, 09:19 PM
Gene
Yes I am working my but off on this one, So far I got 20slips out of Trumps Marina. I want to talk to Mike A, APBA returns to NJ a tribute to Don Aronow. Hometown of a true Offshore legend! I feel The Donzi meet would go hand and hand with this one. I would love to see on the front lawn. A Cigarette (Dry Martini would do) A Magnum ( Dons origional Donzi,Magnum is around the corner)The Maltese. A Formula and of course a Donzi. 007 would be nice Hey Gene! As soon as I hear this is race is finalized I will be posting the get together! Can't wait to see you down there. Gene the wife says hello. and keep up the good work. We are all proud of you. :D

GeneD
07-25-2001, 09:16 AM
Aw shucks guys! That was nice of you to say.
I am going to be a busy beaver that weekend, and I am not sure at all that I can get 007 up there.
I will try my best though to get someone else to drag it up there. Any volunteers?
Frank, I thought the race was a done deal. They made a formal announcement at the Sarasota race.

Shanghied Again
07-25-2001, 06:54 PM
Atlantic City is a go with APBA, There just having a little trouble with the date? The Beauty pagent is the same weekend and Trumps don't want to book the rooms to APBA. So we wait for the date and our club has a green light!

BIG BAD DONZI
07-26-2001, 12:11 AM
Frank, that you want to honor Don speaks volumes. Its such a nice gesture and great idea. No doubt, he would have been honored.
Best of Luck - Hope it happens!