PDA

View Full Version : DIAMOND PLATE ENGINE COMPARTMENT

Dwight
06-08-2001, 06:34 PM
Anyone know if an Aluminum Diamond Plate kit exists for the engine compartmentfor a 22 Classic? ....Or is this something that has to be custom cut from sheets of Aluminum Diamond Plate?

Ralph Savarese
06-08-2001, 07:06 PM
I did mine with a 2'x2' 1/4" aluminum diomond plate. I cut it out with a sawsall
and then bolted the transom sheild or gimble housing through it.
Ralph

Dwight
06-08-2001, 07:25 PM
Ralph..thanks for the input. Did you have your eng. already removed or is it possible to place the cut pieces in and around the eng. compartment. What did you use to attach the plate to the hull?

Jamesbon
06-08-2001, 08:39 PM
Our good friend "Donzitester" made molds from aluminum diamond plate, then made fiberglass diamond plate from the molds. Very strong, very light, not to mention it looked kick a*s http://www.donzi.net/ubb/eek.gif

roadtrip2
06-09-2001, 10:49 AM
My new classic 22 has fiberglass diamond plate from the factory. Looks like it could be installed after the engine was in place. Give'em a call, maybe they will sell you some pre-cut for the 22.

MattM
06-10-2001, 07:08 AM
I custom cut 1/8" polished diamond plate for mine. Looks great, I mounted it with rubber isolators to the seat back, then mounted battery switch, MSD ignition modules,oil filters, fuel valves, filter, and fuel pump toit. The rubber isolators really quieted the fuel pump down.

Just make a cardboard template and have a piece sheared to fit at a shop.

Donzitester
06-10-2001, 08:46 AM
Thanks for the compliment Jamesbon,
wait till you guys see the new 22!
full custom diamond plate in red everywhere!
Firewall, floor, sides, and transom.
The new HP 500 is crying to get in there.
3-4 weeks to go!

Dwight
06-10-2001, 06:59 PM
Thanks guy's...Looks like I'll take cardboard cut-outs and then have the diamond-plate 2x2 cut at a shop to fit perfectly. I want that polished aluminum-look in the eng. compartment.