PDA

View Full Version : Not patient enough to rechrome...

bverd
06-07-2001, 09:09 PM
Does anybody know where to get a replacement steering column for my X-18. Do they still make them, are they available anodized and in colors? Mine is all pitted and needs to be redone. I don't want to take it off and send it off for a ??? weeks to get it rechromed, I can't live without the boat that long. I know I should have done it over the winter, but I didn't.
http://www.verd.com/photos/column.jpg

Thanks,
Brad

[This message has been edited by bverd (edited 06-07-2001).]

BERTRAM BOY
06-07-2001, 09:18 PM
Brad,
that's the chrome Teleflex bezel(p/n SB27267). I think that they have just recently been discontiued, but I'm sure there's still some new ones floating around somewhere. By the way they're really not worth getting rechomed anyway. They're only made out of pot metal.
BERTRAM BOY

Rob
06-07-2001, 09:20 PM
I bought one from West not too long ago. I thinkg it's well worth the money. It really made my dash look nice.

bverd
06-07-2001, 09:32 PM
Wow... that was quick. I will get on the phone tomorrow. Okay how about the throttle controller. That looks the same as the steering bezel. Is that available also. I will of course save the Donzi wood handle.

Thanks again,
Brad

Rob
06-07-2001, 10:01 PM
If you know someone with a polishing wheel you can clean up the aluminum adapter that the steering wheel attaches to as well. I was able to get a mirror finish on mine similar to the bezel.

------------------
Rob

bverd
06-08-2001, 08:36 AM
Not available at West Marine, Boaters World. Boat US is checking. Any other ideas.

Brad

Richard
06-08-2001, 09:35 PM
Brad,
About a month ago, Teleflex told me that they were selling the last of these to one of the marine parts places. Boat US - I think. If you do not find one we can find out where the last ones went with a phone call to customer service at Teleflex.
Richard.

bverd
06-09-2001, 01:28 AM
Madpoodle - here is my throttle. Would love to find a replacement for it.
http://www.verd.com/photos/throttle.jpg

Richard - the number I was given today for Teleflex is 610-495-7011, but when I tried it (numerous times all day) it didn't work. Do you have a different number?

Thanks - Brad

[This message has been edited by bverd (edited 06-09-2001).]

RickR
06-09-2001, 10:19 AM
beverd
On my 18 I buffed and etched the chrome on the bezel then wrinkle coated it with black.
I thought it turned out great.
Spray on wrinkle coat is available from Advance Auto Parts.

------------------
RICKR
mailto:riggerb@aol.comriggerb@aol.com</A>

bverd
06-11-2001, 04:05 PM
RickR - Thanks, after all this talk on the phone that is probably what I am going to end up doing.

FYI... Just so nobody has to spend as much time on the phone as I have over the past week. The chrom bezel Teleflex part # SB27267 is no longer available (anywhere). It is only available in black or white(part # SB27265 & SB27268)

Shoreway Marine is $54 + shipping.

CDMA
06-11-2001, 04:22 PM
I bought it a year ago at Lighthouse Marine in Aqubouge (sp) NY. $80. I don't have the number but they advertise in Boating I think

Chris

Nola
06-21-2007, 12:51 PM
Hey all,
I am looking to find a Big-T chrome bezel for the X.
part # SB27267 is, of course, discontinued.
However there seems to be part # SB27268 that is chrome.

Shown here..among other places
http://www.wmjmarine.com/telsb27268.html

Does anyone know if this is the correct bezel....identical to the original?
Emailing that site...they tell me that although the picture shows the bezel as white....it is really chrome.

Can anybody verify that for me or validate which non-chrome bezel I should buy in order to plate.

Thanks in advance.