PDA

View Full Version : 22ZX fully operational, yeee haaaawwww!

Bryan Tuvell
06-07-2001, 04:17 PM
Well I just got back from the test ride with the new thermostat and outdrive. No overheating! The reseting of the O ring or the new thermostat did the trick...
I think the themostat has been only partially opening for awhile, before the gauge never moved off 180.

I took her through some tough temp stuff, get on her (2500 to 3500RPM then stop, let her sit, idle etc. etc.
The gauge still goes to 180 but cools herself down to about 165 to 175.
I put the stock Bravo I on and took her wide open for about 2 minutes, 5000 RPM solid, 66.4 MPH GPS and the speedo bounced to about the same, one additional person, full tank. This prop never turned above 4800 RPM, ever (or the 70 hours I have owned it), she now stands firm at 5000RPM.
I think the themostat has been only partially opening for a long while, before the gauge never moved, now she bounces around when she cools etc.
Thanks again guys for the knowledge and support.
Bryan

[This message has been edited by Bryan Tuvell (edited 06-07-2001).]

vagrant
06-07-2001, 09:29 PM
hey bryan
glad to here your up and running i wish i was that fortunate would you believe that the stinking starter went out in the starboard motor out of all the things that i replaced that was the only thing that wasnt replaced because i never had any problems thank god i replaced the port motor i dont know how you would get to it anyhow it took me two freaking hours just to get the starter off the new is a lot smaller and easy to handle hopefully it want take as long and i will be in the water this weekend oh the joy of having a boat anyhow glad to here your up and running hope to see you soon
david
vagants twins
lake norman nc

marcdups
06-07-2001, 11:26 PM
hey Bryan, glad you got it all set up, hope all goes well from here.
Marc

DONZIMAN2
06-08-2001, 07:36 AM
Bryan, Good talking to you last night. I have always had confidence in the folks at Rivercraft Marine in Glouscter. Rick is one sharp Mechanic. Give me a call later.

roadtrip2
06-08-2001, 08:06 AM
REPORT FROM CHESAPEKE, VIRGINIA..... CLEAR THE WATER FOR THE 22ZX MAN RIDES AGAIN!!!! Have fun this weekend and keep the bow in front of the transom. Todd

Bryan Tuvell
06-08-2001, 09:18 AM
Thanks guys... I still have a 2% worry factor since I only put 90 minutes on the boat with the new thermostat. I think I will replace the sensor also just for gp.

One observation, that oil filter SURE GETS HOT! It has 20 hours on it and I am changing the oil after this weekend. Thoughts????

DONZIMAN2, we are passing on tonight but momma wants to go up the coast etc tomorrow, I hope you guys can go. Lets meet up at the HAMPTON ROADS bridge, that is 1/2 for us both, and go from there.
Bryan

Bryan Tuvell
06-09-2001, 02:22 PM
Second day out, still running good, 2 more hours on it just cruising between 45 and 50, the 2%worry factor is gone now. We will go up the coast next weekend.

As an added bonus the Coast Gaurd was camped out at the city ramp, they gave me a free saftey inspection and sticker showing I passed.... Life is good.

Bryan

STUNG_AGAIN
06-13-2001, 12:37 AM
Bryan, I can't wait to hear about your next dilemma. Dude, you've been on a roll lately... http://www.donzi.net/ubb/tongue.gif

I haven't seen you on the water since KY. Are you ever gonna make it out of the intercoastal? Come play with the big boys... http://www.donzi.net/ubb/cool.gif

------------------

"...we sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those that would harm us..."

[This message has been edited by STUNG_AGAIN (edited 06-13-2001).]

[This message has been edited by STUNG_AGAIN (edited 06-13-2001).]

Bryan Tuvell
06-13-2001, 01:42 PM
STUNG; I have just been real busy trying to be super Dad while Nancy works her tail off, I have about 7 hours on the drive now, in fact we boated last night for a few hours. I lost 200 RPM on your prop, I am back to the
Bravo-I and turning 5000RPMs. It has me at 66 on GPS, I am taking it to Bay Propeller for a lab job next week. As far as the trailer goes, we are doing it Saturday I hope, we may have to garage it to do the wheel and brakes due to the storm coming up our way.

I am going to Ohio Thrusday, back Friday and then Nancy I are kid free for awhile while the grandparents enjoy our kids.

We plan to boat to the barriers Sunday weather permitting. Go to www.maptech.com (http://www.maptech.com) and search Cobb Island or Little Cobb for GPS settings.
Bryan

STUNG_AGAIN
06-14-2001, 11:18 AM
Good luck on the trip and with the trailer. Sounds like you have plenty of help with the experienced boating neighbor. Look forward to making the barrier run and hopefully this weather will pass quickly so as not to screw up the weekend.

Me, I've been busting my butt here at the house doing the "do" list. Still waiting on word from the Sunsation folks though I'm starting to get a little perturbed with the delay. I'm normally a patient guy but it's getting rediculous now. If I don't get a call by 5pm today "I'll call them" and voice my displeasure with the lack of communication. Anywho, have a sfae run and we'll look for you and Nancy when you get back.... http://www.donzi.net/ubb/cool.gif

------------------

"...we sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those that would harm us..."