PDA

View Full Version : donzis compared to cars.

Moody Blu'
09-03-2001, 10:34 PM
Today I was driving my boat down my creek towards the bay, and a guy in a boat going the opposite direction asked , "what year is that?" I energetically said 1971, with a big grin.

It got me thinking.

I would compare my 1971 donzi to a 1967 mustang gt 500, or a 1933 hot rod lincoln!

what would you compare your donzi to?

boldts
09-03-2001, 11:43 PM
Got to tell ya, I compare mine to a fine wine. She gets better with time. :D

Greg
09-04-2001, 07:36 AM
My automotive friends say that it is "like a Corvette that goes on the water", my biker friends call it the "Water Harley". As for me I just always thought it was unique onto itself.

Moody Blu'
09-04-2001, 08:05 AM
ahhh, very very good!!

ok lets change the topic to:
What would you compare your donzi to?

other than a car i would compare it to my girl freind, some times she bitches like a motha!(like when the water pump leaked) but once you fix her up with a nice new present she is purring!!!

mattyboy
09-04-2001, 08:44 AM
yeah skyblue,
a women is a good comparison, how bout a wild horse being saddled for the first time
one hell of a ride, and if you don't watch out she'll buck you right out!!!!

Glad to hear the hose worked for you!!!

Matt
fearing the end of the season nearing :o

Crazy Horse
09-04-2001, 10:24 AM
Fender Stratocaster guitars. (Hendix, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Buddy Guy, Clapton, etc).
Technology changes but the basic design is the same year after year...since the 50's.

Moody Blu'
09-04-2001, 03:39 PM
Crazy horse! you got the right idea!
I cant beleive I didnt think of that, after all thats the feild I work in
(music engineer/producer).
everytime I hear a hard guitar type song it makes me want to slam the throttle to the end stops, hold on and just jam to the song!
(if I could I would but I cant hear the radio over my engine)

I would compare my boat to the song by motley crue: kick start my heart

oh man I have the song in my head now and I want to go slam that throttle down!!!

and I quote:Sky dive naked from an aeroplane or a lady with a body from outer space my heart .......my HEART .........KICK START MY HEART
"when I get high I get high on speed, cut the fuel back to a 1 o 3 my heart MY HEART- KICK START MY HEART

ooooo are ya ready now oooooo are ya ready NOW! WHOAA...........YEAH............ kick start my heart hope it never stops ....WHOA......YEAH ba ba ba ba BABY!!!
whoa yeah kick start my heart hope it never starts whoa yeah ba ba ba ba BABY!!! :D

Don Carone
09-04-2001, 04:48 PM
Music biz is also my line (touring lighting designer) but I agree with Greg.
AMERICAN MUSCLE
Chevy Corvette or Shelby Cobra

Tony
09-04-2001, 05:18 PM
Thunder Road, Backstreets, Jungleland, or any of about a dozen others by "The Boss", Bruce Springsteen, and the E Street Band!

GeneD
09-06-2001, 09:57 AM
Sky,
You are without a doubt the most entertaining Donzi board member to come along in quite a while.
Comparing the Donzi to a car...well, the brouchures from that era tote it as being the Porche of the Water.
Now, I've only driven one Porche in my life, one Ferrari, and numerous Corvettes. Not to mention Alfa Romeos and my 1964 MGB.
I think I would go with the Ferrari.
Which incidentally was the most exhilirating ride I have ever taken in a car.

Rootsy
09-06-2001, 06:33 PM
donno sky... as much as i LOVE the donzi... she can't hold a candle in comparison to the woman... as for a car... i'd have to say stingray cause of the classic lines that EVERYONE recognizes...

oldLenny
09-06-2001, 07:09 PM
No question. Same era, similar motors, same effect.

AC Cobra (big block one)

Raw, loud, made your right foot and/or shoe melt. Stopped on a dime, left in a hurry, and went around corners with ease. (Too many corners in fact at Pikes Peak,...that is why we don't have many Real ones left...) One Aluminum one here tho.

Moody Blu'
09-06-2001, 07:44 PM
Nice!
keep the post comin!

Thanks gene,I try my best, but my stars don't show my effort :rolleyes:

A.C.race is coming soon you figure out what your doing gene?

JP BRESCIA
09-06-2001, 08:00 PM
Without a doubt, a convertable late 60's vette. I have gotten that at least 80% of the time. :p