PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Annual LA (Lower Alabama) Labor Day Donzi Roundup

Emmo
09-03-2001, 04:13 PM
Man, what a blast! Twelve boats & at least 25 cool people! Stand by for the big post from Big Grizzley, I won't steal his thunder :mad:.... marcdups has a new name- towelboy@goldencoral.com (you had to be there :rolleyes: ) Yes, Wa-Lo is way cool :cool:. They cranked it in the parking lot after midnight every night. Talk about sweet dreams.... DonziTester has a sweet boat- 85+mph... Three 16's to choose from, two X18's, a lefty and a righty, two more righteous 22's from the Honda gang (what a testimony to Starbrite Premium) and another 18 2+3 besides my old barrel-back. I felt bad when Mark passed me until he later told me his GPS was showing over 70 and he has over $60k in his. Tomahawk narrated a video of Jack & family getting air in their 16 :eek:, but I won't relate that because decorum dictates that we be polite on this board. It was a digital video, so maybe we can get some mpeg's to look at & listen to. :D

Forrest
09-03-2001, 05:07 PM
Thanks Emmo. What a great time! I'm too tired to post very much right now, but it looks like George T. Bagby State Park & Lodge will be the place for next year's event. This year's event brought a great gang and some serious HP together. Hell, I couldn't even hear the 383 in my X-18 running when John fired off Wa-Lo! Anyway, we have lots of pictures, digital video, as well as a few parts in the bilge to talk about. Let me get unpacked and take a look at some of these pictures. I'll be ready to post later. Thank you to everyone who attended Eufaula III.

Please see the other thread (http://www.donzi.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=9&t=000029) on booking informaton for Eufaula IV.

Bad-Tat
09-03-2001, 05:42 PM
Many thanks for another great time Forest! Great location with nice folks. Super group of Donzi folks. Will have to find my lost speed before next year.

HP 600SC
09-03-2001, 05:43 PM
WOW! what a BLAST! Kathy and I enjoyed seeing
you all and all of the boats....we got home
at about 4:15 pm with the WA-LO crew in the
convoy and jamesbon riding shotgun...
Hope you all made it home safe and well...
can't wait till Palatka! ;)

Tomahawk
09-03-2001, 08:51 PM
Dittos, what an absolute gas! Some serious horsepower on hand this year. John and Kathey's Hornet, "Wa-Lo", is the loudest boat I have ever heard. But then, 565 cubic inches, supercharged - one might expect that. Awesome :eek: . Once again, super people make a great event. This event is becoming a Donzi Classic in itsself. Thanks Forrest. :cool:

GEOO
09-03-2001, 09:04 PM
Sound's like you guys had a great time, glad too hear it. I'm dieing to hear WayLo!!!Looking foward to seeing you in October!!! GEOO

BigGrizzly
09-03-2001, 10:58 PM
We arrived safe and sound. Everone had a great time. Sorry you other guys missed it. At one time we had 8boats abrest and didn't se eachothers wake.
Words don't describe Donzitester's boat. It IS better in person than the pictures show. It does run as good as it looks.

Randy

boldts
09-03-2001, 11:23 PM
Glad to read you all had a great get together. I can't wait to see the pictures and especially, to hear and see the video files. Looking forward to seeing and hearing all of you at the Sarasota gathering in October. Glad it was a good safe weekend for everyone.

J&K SHAHBAS
09-04-2001, 01:54 PM
Hi Y'all!
What a blast. John and I had sooooo much fun. Thanks Forrest!
Poor John had to fly back to California this morning, and surely dragging his feet. TO MUCH FUN EEEEHHH! :(
Now time for all the laundry.YUCK :mad:
Well thanks again for all the fun. :D
You can count us in for next year.
CYA K

marcdups
09-05-2001, 08:37 PM
:D the :D greatest :D gang !!!!! thanks to all for a fantastic week end and hope to see you soon.

Towel boy :eek: :eek:

Jamesbon
09-05-2001, 08:46 PM
Unbelieveable time, unbelieveable people :D

All who attended are truly the ingredients for one kick a*s event!

My face has looked like this :D since riding in Donzitester's 22 and hearing & driving J&K's Wa-Lo. Thanks fellas (and ladies).

Here's 53 pics (http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1229726&a=13721756&f=0) from Eufala Three.

boldts
09-05-2001, 09:18 PM
Thanks Jamesbond. Fantastic pictures. Sorry I missed it. I keep adding them to my screen saver program for our winter months. :(

Forrest
09-06-2001, 10:37 AM
Great pictures, Nate! I really like the one where I'm doing the speed run for the photo shoot in the X-18 and the cooler's lid sitting in the back seat pops up! Oh BTW, I need a new (spell that decent) digital camera. My pictures are lousey, but I'll try to post some soon anyway. I want to see Jack's and Scott's pictures.