PDA

View Full Version : Be careful out there gang....

roadtrip2
06-04-2001, 05:05 PM
Spent the weekend in Corpus Christi at the APBA Offshore Shootout. Beautiful place to hold a race, but the water was very rough on both days.
On Saturday, a friend of mine flipped his F1 boat in a turn and was ejected. Spent the longest 15 minutes of my life in recent memory trying to find out if he was okay. They were okay with minor injuries.
On Sunday, Jack Carmody, an Offshore Hall of Famer and multiple record holder, flipped his supercat and died instantly. Very sad and very sobering.
Not trying to preach here, but be safe out there this summer gang. Speed is intoxicating and things can happen very fast. Off of soapbox... Todd

mehaynes
06-04-2001, 10:37 PM
Amen

Frank Civitano
06-05-2001, 11:54 AM
We recieved the news the other day from Mike A. What a tragedy! He was a great person and one heck of a racer. May god shine the light of love on Jack and take him in his arms.
God be with him forever

------------------
Frank Civitano

Steve Smith
06-05-2001, 12:00 PM
Mike Beasley, owner of Duskin Point Marina on Smith Lake in North Alabama died a couple of weeks ago in a new 34 foot Powerquest. He was only going 50 to 60 miles and hour when something happened to the hull and the boat flipped and barrel rolled. His 12 year old son was thrown clear and rescued by a trailing boater.
Life jackets have become a newly-required piece of clothing in my Z-25.

------------------
Steve Smith
Cullman, AL
scsmith@hiwaay.net