PDA

View Full Version : Deck hand available in Seattle area

bverd
08-30-2001, 07:44 PM
Anybody in the Seattle area need a deck hand on Friday Sept 7th(I will buy gas and beer, swab the decks, whatever it takes). I am going to be in the area and would love to meet some Donzi fanatics. If not how about just a beer. I am staying down by Lake Union.

Last time I was there I had to walk over to the Donzi dealer on Lake Union and look at the 22 classic on it's trailer, that is the only way I made it thru the weekend away from my boat.

--Brad

oldLenny
08-30-2001, 10:08 PM
Formula Junior is THERE right now as I write this. He is on the South end of Camano Island at campsite #12 I believe. I have no idea what you are doing on Friday. I have no contact number for you either. Formula J is calling me on friday night but I don't know if that does you any good. He is meeting up with Jeff (Blew by you) on Sunday sometime. Need some numbers from you and you need to stay till Sun/aft or Monday...Post some contacts here but I don't think anyone will react till Saturday.

Hang on!!! Sept 7th...wrong weekend. I blew it. Never mind. I will go back under my rock now. Sorry. Loser,loser,loser,...
:( Why can't I read?...Sorry BVERD. I, if I was you, would try to get in touch with Blewbyu. Great guy, nice boat, just got a LOT better!!!Let me know what's up. I have 4 days off that weekend and could be coaxed South. (70 miles by water) I'd be Ferry-ing it there tho...(Sea Cat @ 3600 HP)

Blewbyu
08-30-2001, 11:36 PM
Jeez-I thought I was old-Lenny's really having a Senior Moment there.Just talked to F. Jr-he's sitting in the sun on the South end of Camano Island State Park-(gorgeous place)taking in the setting sun.He wl be coming back south to Lake Washington on Sunday,we gonna git some gas and BURN it fast.
Brad-Please call me when you get to town,my plans change at my brides whim.Don't currently have anything going on that weekend,and usually early September is the BEST time of year (little boat traffic).If it's raining (almost never up here),we can do inside sports that involve "tennis elbow"without tennis.Weather good-BOATRIDE for sure!
Regards-Jeff Moore 425.454.3115 :D :cool: :cool:

EricG
08-31-2001, 12:15 PM
I've got to get rid of some responsibilities!! Every time any sort of local Donzi thing happens, I'm booked....

Bverd - I would have been totally willing to play shuttle from Lake Union over to Jeff's place on the other side of the lake....but I've got a job interview that day... oh well.

Jeff, what time and where are you and Owen hooking up on Sunday? I may be able join in, if you don't mind waiting for my big-bumbling Cabin Cruiser Z-boat which can't keep up with you little guys...

EG

oldLenny
08-31-2001, 08:54 PM
A couple of sad quotes here. I am supposed to go out into the Strait (Jaun de Fuca) and show Formula J around San Juans and Gulf Islands :(

"Very strong southwesterly winds will affect the north coast behind the front and will build seas above 8 metres in some exposed areas."

Forecast:
Small craft warning in effect.
Winds westerly 5 to 15 knots becoming southeasterly 5 to 15 overnight with southeast 20 to 25 developing near the entrances.
Winds shifting to southwest 15 to 25 Saturday morning. Rain developing overnight and changing to showers Saturday morning.
Outlook. Moderate to strong westerly winds easing to light to moderate.

This spells big water for the strait and we'll be in a 17', 1600 pound boat with broken tabs. Saturdays weather here is not shaping up well for any open water cruising.

Blewbyu
09-01-2001, 01:43 AM
Eric-Sunday,Owen is going to call me just as he leaves Camano St Park.He is going to trailer down and launch at my place,but no definite time set.Shoot me an email w/your phone nmbr if you wish,and I can call you when he calls me.That would give you time to zip down and launch.Weather was kinda unstable on the Lake today.Forecast last night was for wind 5-15,actually got 15-25 out of the Southwest.Had a real LUMPY ride back from lunch @Hectors in Kirkland-right into the "teeth"of it for 10 miles.My butt is still sore!Hope it gets a whole lot better by Sunday.Forecast tonite was for rain Sat,clearing for Sunday,less wind.Would love to see your sled!Neat to have a place to pee after we torture our kidneys too!C'mon down if you can make it.
Regards-Jeff 425.454.3115 :D