PDA

View Full Version : Installed Imco Powerflow Exhaust 22ZX

Donzi22zx
10-24-2002, 10:42 PM
I installed my Imco Powerflow Exhaust on my 22ZX today, very nice kit. It went on very easly except for the oil filter relocation, and computer bracket. I will be testing out the boat this weekend, and hope to see 76mph on my GPS. I can hear everyone now, it can not go that fast but it will. As for the exhaust system I picked out, I believe that the Imco is the best for quality, price, power, and looks. I will have Bryan T. post pics of the installed exhaust and he is coming down for a ride next weekend to prove my speed for every disbeliever on this message board. I will be installing more parts over the winter, want to get as close to 80mph on motor as I can. Lil Griz when do you want to run me, I sent you an E-Mail, never got a respons.
Bill

Lil Grizz
10-25-2002, 03:04 AM
Dont make me bring out my good prop.

BTW I got no e-mail from you.

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
10-25-2002, 05:15 AM
http://www.donzi.net/photos/tuvellnewexhaust.jpg

There ya go Bill, when we hook up next week I will show you how to post the photos, Harbormaster redid the important info section, check it out.

They look real nice, can't wait to hear them, I will talk to ya Saturday.
WHAT have I got myself into! :D
Bryan

Tidbart
10-25-2002, 06:29 AM
Looks good Bryan, nice, clean installation.
Bob

Dr. Dan
10-25-2002, 06:40 AM
:cool: Bryan Bring that fancy life vest we always hear about! wink Nice Clean installation, good luck in hitting your speed goal....safe testing/boating to you both :D ...Doc

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
10-25-2002, 11:15 AM
Doc, I plan to, will you be out also?
Bryan

Shanghied Again
10-25-2002, 02:53 PM
Just tested a 502/415 hp 99 with Stainless Marine exhaust computer upgrade chip and bigger heads she came in at 72mph GPS solid with 1/4 tank on a 22ZX at 5200rpms with a 26pitch prop. You will definetly have to show me to make any kind of believer out of me!

Lil Grizz
10-25-2002, 03:32 PM
The steering arm on that boat looks totally different than mine. In fact the whole finish of the compartment looks different. Almost like my engine compartment wasnt finished, the floor is rougher. Am I the only 22zx that didnt get the smooth bilge? http://www.donzi.net/photos/MyBoatEngine2.jpg

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
10-25-2002, 04:48 PM
FRANKKKKKK, WASSSSUUUPPPP?
Lil Grizz, I love that photo! wink

EVERYONE knows I will tell the tale! I hope Bill is right, freee speed! Fun and maybe adult beverages afterwards!

Mine was diamond plated completely!
Bryan

PS, HI Melissa. You winterized?

Darrell
10-25-2002, 05:46 PM
Donzi22zx

Aprox. how much for the exhaust, looks great. Waiting to see if it helps your boat. It might be a nice Christmas gift for my wife,LOL. :D :D :D

Darell
26ZX

Dr. Dan
10-25-2002, 11:24 PM
wink No Bryan...Can't make it...maybe next season! :D

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
10-25-2002, 11:34 PM
OK, I guess I missed something! LOL
What else is new....
Hell drive and join us! Your drive would be shorter than mine! wink
He is out of Dewey Beach DE.
Sounds like fun. I can bring you a fancy lifeline to wear!
Bryan

Shanghied Again
10-26-2002, 09:03 AM
Bryan, just got back from Boston, I was on a buisness trip for about 2 weeks. While I was out ther tested another 80 mph 22Zx 71GPS I was told both my 176 and my handheld were wrong. He is trading up for a 28 also wants 40,000 on a trade. I dont even want to tell you what he wants the 28 for. He is showing me all his reciepts, On how much he spent, I told him I spent over $15,000 on my 22ZX and when I traded the boat it didn't mean a damn thing! I also told him my boat the 22ZX came in at 77 mph with a 30 prop with 510hp. He said there was something wrong with my GPS and the Radar gun I went against. We will be Winterizing the boat today or Tomorow. I will call you later tonight.
Frank

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
10-27-2002, 06:24 AM
Frank, good to hear from you, I spoke with a guy only looking for 25K on his 22ZX trade, I will give you the particulars on the phone, he wants to step up to a 28ZX also.

I am looking forward to meeting Bill and checking out his 22ZX next Saturday, should be a fun day.

As you know my boat is in Fla.
Talk to you later
Bryan

fasttrucker
10-27-2002, 06:43 AM
bryan,hey i would like to meet up with u guys.ill call u tonight.i should be home next saturday?

BigGrizzly
10-27-2002, 07:01 AM
Frank you not telling the truth!!! Two years ago at Cumberland I was next to you and we were both above that 77 MPH mark. Or maybe both our GPS were wrong. I don't know wether I will ever get back to Jersey, but if I do I will call.

Shanghied Again
10-27-2002, 09:12 AM
Griz, That day on Cumberland lake was the best day I ever ran, Mike Miller was next to me and we GPS at 80.5 and thats the fastest I ever had that boat. Most of the time I ran solid 77mph on gps. And believe me on that boat that was fast enough. Bryan I am winterizing the boat today I will talk to you later on..
Frank

BigGrizzly
10-27-2002, 09:56 AM
Just having fun. I rember well you were so excited you got me excited for you too. My and my family's respect and like for you grew ten fold that day. That boy of yours is a perfect gentelman too,as is the rest of the clan. One of the best people and boaters I've met. BTW I noticed that Bill has a K&N and an exhaust now--Doesn't raise the envelope another 2 MPH? Hardly the stock motor from before. Looks like another $2500 more than last month invested.

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
10-27-2002, 02:40 PM
FastTrucker: no sweat man, lets hook up! Drag that bad a$$ 28 out so we can get some pics and have some fun!
I am leaving here at 6am, be around Exmore about 7:00am.

B Grizz, I hope your doing well we too will have to chat soon just for fun and to catch up.

FRANK: Great call!
Bryan

BigGrizzly
10-27-2002, 07:31 PM
Sounds good to me Bryan. We always plan to do it but one of us breaks their boat and we run out of time

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
10-28-2002, 03:51 PM
Randy AMEN on that. Blowing the drive on the last day of AOTH I is burned in my mind!
Being towed while you guys were commencing the party.....
I smile now, I sure didn't then.
My first Donzi and before I left home Nancy said "don't bring her home broke!"
Bryan

GEOO
10-28-2002, 07:00 PM
LIL Griz,

Nice engine. There is something about roots/ whipple type blowers that just make the engine look great.

Honest,.. Frank my boat only does 80....I miss the Jersey Folk's...

Shanghied Again
10-29-2002, 05:04 AM
Hey Geo. Maybe behind a car on a trailer! But in the water, now that is a different story. See if you can make the NJPPC party in February in Atlantic City. If not I will see you at the NY boat show.