PDA

View Full Version : damn glad to be here

Digger
08-27-2001, 07:54 PM
No message of earth shaking importance here, just wanted to say "Hi" to all. I've been looking for a forum to talk about DONZI stuff, looks like I hit the jackpot. Been an avid powerboater for 33 yrs or so, and still remember my first ride in a Donzi, it was on Lake Winnipesaukee NH, I was all of seven yrs old. I was hooked. Now that I am older and "wiser" and "smarter with money" I bought my 33ZX in June. (So much for having any money) She runs stock 502's/Bravo 1's. The boat is awesome, I love it! Re-did the boat with no graphics, just Imron white topsides and a simple traditional Donzi logo at the quarters. The design and lines of the boat speak for themselves...I stand and stare at her like Homer Simpson looks at a cold beer. I'll post some pics soon. My Thanks to the organizers of this site and to all the members!

have a Damn Donzi day!

p.s. anybody else get goosebumps every time they fire off their motor(s)?

boldts
08-27-2001, 10:22 PM
Digger,

I only have a little 18' Classic from 1969, but the goose bumps are experienced here in Ohio also. I love starting the boat up and backing her off the trailer at our local lake. Usually the next 1/2 hour is spent answering onlookers questions. It's such an ego trip. Makes me feel like a kid again. Welcome to the board!

BigGrizzly
08-27-2001, 10:32 PM
Welcome, to the best board there is!
Staring is a common past time here. I suggest you do it in the shade. I have a white 22 Criterion and it is blinding in the sun. Anyway you have found your way home. again welcom

Randy

mattyboy
08-27-2001, 11:03 PM
welcome,
and well said guys

Matt
learning everyday!

Moody Blu'
08-27-2001, 11:25 PM
welcome digger!!!

I get tickled everytime I race a boat that I know has a big block in it and they are barely pulling away!-that will change with a new drive/prop

matter of fact

I always have a sh*$! eating grin on my face when people look over while we are racing, and cant figure out why there not blowing me away. :D

there is my 4 cents!- yes 4 not 2 cents :p

digger you need to bring that boat up to the atlantic city A.P.B.A. race in sept .
I'll be sweeping along with frank c - who you will meet- and many other donzis.

the first time I met up with the other club members we all clicked, because we all had one passion, our boats!!!!!
Welcome aboard!!!!!! ;)

now get in that boat fire her up and rev out those 502's!!!

Kelly
08-28-2001, 01:27 AM
Hey welcome, I'm new also. Thats sweet with the grafix taken off post some pics ASAP. Donzi's are the **** to put it bluntly...I'm proud my parents bought one, and I get to use it :D.
Its only a 18' classic...
1992 Classic
Ford 5.8 HO 351
King Cobra Outdrive (OMC)
Bennet Trim tabs

Speed: 70ish...depends on load, gas, how pissy the ford is, etc.

Welcome!

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
08-28-2001, 04:21 AM
Welcome to the board. Wealth of knowledge here. enjoy.
Bryan 22zx
www.hrpa.homestead.com/homepage.html (http://www.hrpa.homestead.com/homepage.html)

Digger
08-28-2001, 07:30 AM
thanks all, for the responses! glad I found this site!! can't wait to get home to start scanning pix.

DonziDave
08-28-2001, 01:40 PM
Not trying to get too maudlin here, but finding this site a few years ago has been the highlight of my internet experiance. I look forward to visiting the site daily. I have corresponded with some great people, learned a lot, and think that I have been a positive contributer also. We all owe a huge debt of gratitude to Scot for his hard work to make this a great site!

THANKS SCOT !!!!

DonziDave