PDA

View Full Version : Movie clips of my boat!

blackhawk
08-26-2001, 08:55 PM
On my homepage I have uploaded a couple of movie clips. They are from an analog camcorder so they are in .avi format and are big files for their length. But they are both under 5 megs so it shouldn't take too long. Quite a few pics too. Here's my homepage:
http://briefcase.yahoo.com/bc/donziblackhawk95

Quit working again!
:mad:

HP 600SC
08-26-2001, 09:05 PM
Cool web page you got there!
So tell me about your boat, year, engine, drive, rpm's, speed, ect. Your boat looks
nice, that was the same color as my very
first Donzi, an X-18, wish I still had that one.

blackhawk
08-26-2001, 09:43 PM
Thanks Donzitester. I just posted another movie clip. It's called "gettin' some air" One of my favorites! :D My boat is a 1995, 502, Blackhawk drive. Best speed ever is 78.6mph on GPS @ 5000 rpms turning the stock 31's. It will run 75mph consistantly. Hope to make it faster this winter but I am not sure exactly what I am going to do. The blackhawk hull is definitely fast and efficient so I don't think I will need to get crazy with the motor. I want to keep it reliable. Maybe I can give you some competition next spring! :D

HP 600SC
08-26-2001, 09:50 PM
Sounds pretty BADASS! I didnt realise that the hull was a blackhawk hull. your right they are great! Mine is very much like yours
since I did some bottom mods.
If you ever need any drive parts, I know
a guy who has a wharehouse full locally.

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
08-27-2001, 09:30 AM
BlackHawk, I tried the link and got "access denied."
Bryan

blackhawk
08-27-2001, 05:30 PM
I have no clue what happenned. It was working fine last night and now it is disabled. :confused: I didn't change anything. I e-mailed Yahoo, hopefully they will respond within the month! Damn, I was all proud of myself too!

blackhawk
08-28-2001, 01:42 PM
I think I exceeded the max bandwith allowed by briefcase. It is working now with the modified link in my original post.

Looped
08-28-2001, 02:00 PM
blackhawk,
Do you mean that you made them with an 8mm video camera? I have a Sony handycam hi 8mm that I got about a year ago but I never use it because it is not digital. What are you using to convert it, this could be my new toy again! :D :D

Thanks,
Craig

blackhawk
08-28-2001, 05:02 PM
Software is from Pinnacle Systems and it is called Studio DC10 Plus. It will work with any analog device that has S-Video or composite(rca style) outputs. The only problem is they are big files when compared with the digitals. But it is better than nothing. Keep the files short and they are under 5 megs. You will want quite a bit of hard drive space to store them though. Here is a link to the product:
http://www.pinnaclesys.com/productpage.asp?templ=8&Product_ID=2

Looped
08-28-2001, 09:26 PM
Thanks for the lead blackhawk. I guess it’s time to find that video camera!

Craig

oldLenny
08-28-2001, 09:38 PM
...ACCESS DENIED... oops, my life has always been too boring to use UPPER CASE. And the only race I ever one was a track meet when I was 4, oh!, and an egg toss,... as well as "shot-gunning beer" :rolleyes:
so,...lower case it is. I can't get there from here ,...access denied!