PDA

View Full Version : Boattraderonline has an 88 20' Glastron/arneson surfacedrive

KMLFAMILY
10-23-2002, 08:01 PM
WWW.boattraderonline.com (http://WWW.boattraderonline.com) has an 1988 Glastron 20'Intimidator/arneson surface drive listed for $8995.If someone had the desire to swap out the drive and re-sell the boat. It might be a way of picking up an Arneson for someone that lives out that way MN.. Labor intensive,yes.Hey it"s a long winter there.

bverd
10-23-2002, 09:48 PM
Or you get a Donzi (http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/6/6/34712166.htm) with an Arneson... --bverd

Wildfire
10-23-2002, 09:48 PM
Saw this ad about 4 weeks ago and the price was $6000. Thought about it myself for the Magnum, but want a Chevy, not a Ford motor.

I picked one up during the summer with a BBC and an Arneson. Strong motor, decent drive - BAD hull. It sank the first time out - wife not happy, insurance company not happy. Got a nice trailer out of the deal. Long, long story.

Cuda
10-23-2002, 11:26 PM
Or how about this puppy. :)
1987 HUSTLER LE, 32' ,,,The owner purchased this HIGH speed vessel new in 1987. The performance is simply out of this world. HUSTLER LE WHICH WAS THE "CHESAPEAKE BAY CHALLENGE" WINNER! THIS BOAT HAS TWO 614 CUBIC INCH MOTORS FOR A TOTAL OF 1228 CUBIC INCHES OF ENGINE. EACH MOTOR HAS 775 HORSEPOWER FOR A TOTAL HORSE POWER OF 1550! THIS BOAT IS USER FRIENDLY AND CAN BE USED AS AN ALL DAY CRUISER OR RACED TO WIN. THESE MOTORS HAVE ONLY 48 HOURS ON THEM AND INCORPORATES THE BEST COMPONENTS TO COMBINE RELIABILITY AND POWER IN A USER FRIENDLY PACKAGE. IN ADDITION THE BOAT HAS ARNESON #8 DROP BOX SURFACE DRIVES, THAT ROUNDS OUT A GREAT PACKAGE To PRODUCE 123 MILE PER HOUR TOP SPEEDS.

Boatless
10-24-2002, 12:18 PM
Wildfire, was the boat salvaged or?

What happened to the drive unit? Was it a drop box or an inline?

Wildfire
10-24-2002, 08:16 PM
The boat is lying in 60-100' of water. The lake bottom is mostly mud in that area, so locating would be easy. Underwater visibility is usually good on Beaver Lake.

As far as the Corps and State Farm are concerned, the boat can stay put. However, if someone wishes to salvage it, then they are OK with that. By law, the salvager must notify the insurance company which will pay a "certain" amount. If that amount is insufficient, they will sign the boat over. I think this is how it works.

If you want to take a shot at it, let me know. I'll point you in the right direction. The BBC was recently built at 390hp, a bigger cam and headers would get some more out of it. The Arneson needed some work, but nothing major. Just a few cylinder leaks and a bad repair job on the skeg.