PDA

View Full Version : Kid Rock & Donzi

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
10-23-2002, 12:27 PM
I think we covered this once, unsure.
Anyway, on his CD COCKY he talks about his 40' Donzi (had to be a 38 Daytona! LOL).

My comment is the CD Title song "COCKY" is pretty awesome for a leave the dock song, because I think we are all cocky to an extent, demented meaning for loving our Donzi's, and like the song says
"it ain't bragg'n motherfocker if ya back it up!"

OK, way too much time on my hands! LOL
Bryan

Ranman
10-23-2002, 12:35 PM
Bryan, Cocky is my favorite CD right now. The last 3 concerts Jenn has been to were all Kid Rock. I've been to his last Two.

SOME LYRICS

I'm from the outskirts of Detroit rock city
A shirts, Cadilacs, big titties
Skinny models you can keep those
I like big corn fed mid western hoes

You think you got it good in Hollywood
I got acres of land laid back in the woods
Holdin' shares, cool like Fonzy
Rollin' Lake St. Clair in my 40 ft. Donzi

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
10-23-2002, 12:41 PM
I saw the one post about it.
It is a cool CD, the duet with Cheryl Crowe prompted me to buy the CD.
I will definately have a burnt Kid Rock greatest hits CD in my boat next year!

I hope you and Jenn are well.
Bryan

Tony
10-23-2002, 07:19 PM
Randy,

Two of my last three concerts were also Kid Rock, with Springsteen in between. We saw the Kid at the Palace and at the Joe. Both awesome shows! He exudes a strong charisma on stage...just like many of his lyrics state. Very dynamic performer, with a tight band and stunning dancing girls!

"Where you at Rock, where you at?"

Ranman
10-23-2002, 07:59 PM
Tony,

Having met you and your wife once or twice, and knowing you're both teachers with what looks to be a functional family, it somewhat surprises me that you're into Kid Rock. It's all good though. I'm imperssed.

Jennifer and I went to the concert at the Palace last St. Patricks day and also to the last show at the Joe on a Friday night.

I got a kick when Kid said "How many of you were here last night?" "Well, I've got good news and I've got bad news." "The good news it we're gonna rock the house tonight/" "The bad news is......It's the same f**king show as last night." :D

I also liked it at the Joe when at the beginning of "Where you at Rock where you at", Kid vanished and then reappeared on the small stage in the middle of the crowd. Awesome.

On a side note, when you listen to "Where you at Rock", in the beginning when they're going through all of the answering machine messages. In the last message when Uncle Cracker calls Kid and says something to the effect of..."Yo I'm at the TelStar, this ghetto ass place with these 4 smokin' hot b**ches..." The TelStar is a sleazy motel on 5 Mile and Telegraph, I drive by it every day. I just think it's funny cause I know exactly what Cracker is talking about.

I'm sure you saw the pics of us at the after party. Jenn's friends with a few of Kid's dancers.

http://www.donzi.net/photos/KidRockDancer.jpg

http://www.donzi.net/photos/KidRockAP.jpg

Tony
10-23-2002, 08:58 PM
Yes, I definitely saw the shots of Jenn and the dancers...awesome. Then, to top it off, Darren McCarty! It is a bit odd that I like the Kid, but I've got a 20 year old and a 16 year old who have both always been into rap and alternative rock, plus I am from the east side of Detroit and have a fondness for Motown rockers. In 8th grade I hitchhiked to Denby High to see Ted Nugent..caught it from my parents for that one but it was worth it. Lots of rap sounds like crap...but Kid Rock and even Eminem do it right, in my humble opinion.

The live chat was interesting...kind of busy but also kind of cool. Let's pursue the winter gathering, and also offer Mrs. Kraven help organizing a Lake St. Clair gig. Did Bill K. get anywhere with his warrenty issues?

Surfer
10-24-2002, 07:27 AM
Word is that you might see Kid with the Donzi Les Paul.

Donzi Marine VP
10-25-2002, 03:50 PM
Bryan,

Let me give you the story on Kid Rock and Donzi....

I have known Pamela Anderson for a few years and I was visiting her in LA last year when her then new boyfriend (Kid Rock)came on her television show set and she introduced me to him. She had to finish shooting and he invited back to his mixing studio to hang out.

Pam has been interested for quite some time in buying a Donzi 39 ZSC and she and Kid Rock talked about it quite a bit prior to my getting there.

The discussions continued between the three of us and shortly thereafter I was visiting Kid Rock at his home in Michigan when he played "Cocky" for me. Needless to say it was nice that he wrote Donzi into the song. But it was not the 38 ZX as mentioned, but the 39 SZC he was referring to. Nevertheless, he said 40'.

They have changed direction though and both he and Pam are now leaning toward the 38 ZX.

Both are great people and we are very happy for both of them that they have experienced such great success. And that's the rest of the story!

Nick Miller
Donzi Marine VP

HyperDonzi
10-25-2002, 04:28 PM
Just borrowed the cd, Different than his first one (what was it again??) Well, theres only 3 weeks left boating and listening to this new cd...

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
10-25-2002, 04:44 PM
BAJA: it was "Devil without a Cause" I believe.
Only difference is the new CD says MF'r 40 times vice 10, this one is very very graphic...

and DONZI has an E in it, hard to spell I guess....
Bryan

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
10-25-2002, 08:24 PM
Thanks Nick, I emailed you this week.
Bryan

harbormaster
10-25-2002, 09:18 PM
Nick,

Cool story. We appreciate your the insider stories...

HyperDonzi
10-26-2002, 01:50 PM
Yeah, It was Devil w/o a cause. I did notice a bit more language in it...

freckles
10-27-2002, 12:09 PM
I just picked up the new Uncle Kracker, "No Stranger to Shame". It's good. Kid Rock did the executive producing so a couple of songs sound a lot like his. "In a Little While" is a song that's getting a lot of airplay, and I think it sounds a little like Jimmy Buffet.

Although it has a Parental Advisory sticker, I'm halfway thru it and haven't found anything too objectionable. I'll listen to KR, but I won't let my kids.