PDA

View Full Version : Poker Run at Lake Cumberland KY

boldts
08-25-2001, 11:10 AM
Just wondering if anyone else was going to give this poker run thing a try? Not a race right? ;) Looking into a hand-held GPS so I don't get lost. Many good suggustions from you all on this site.

FASTEDDIE
08-25-2001, 11:19 AM
Scot,
I have the Donzi format for Poker Runs if you need it. It helps on organization and will be of value to your club. Let me know where to email the format too. Regards,

Fasteddie
Lake George Donzi Classic Club :rolleyes:

boldts
08-25-2001, 03:07 PM
Fasteddie,

Thank-you very much. I have many questions like how many decks of cards are used and how are they handed out. I've never participated in a Poker Run, so my trip to Lake Cumberland Sept. 7th & 8th is two part. Fun and information. I can be reached at: scott@mwdonziclub.com or sboldt@insight.rr.com

RedDog
08-27-2001, 03:19 PM
Scott - sounds like you will be the expert. Are you thinking AOTH II poker run?

Formula Jr
08-27-2001, 04:57 PM
Absolutely COOL! Never been in a Poker Run either. A learning experience awaits at AOTH II? :)

boldts
08-27-2001, 10:10 PM
Reddog,

That's the idea. I'd like to see how one works and also see the different marinas on the lake. Give me ideas on how to create a run for AOTH II. Fasteddie sent me the set-up that is used at the Lake Winnipesaukee Poker run and it explained a lot of things that I didn't know about. Thanks Ed. I'll try to give you a call soon. Work is keeping me very busy lately. :rolleyes:

boldts
09-06-2001, 10:15 PM
We'll all. Don't tell my boss, but I'm out of vacation days so I'm not feeling very well as I head off to the sack tonight. ;) I'm going to take my Donzi with me to help give Donzi a presence at the lake although it won't be by a blazing display of speed. David Hicks (Bandit) has been kind enough to offer me a seat in his Donzi has we all set out in a quest to obtain 5 A's. :D Opps, not a loud to add cards to the deck I'll bet. I've never been to a poker run and it's Christmas night again for me. Can't sleep with all the excitement. Camara is in hand and traveling with me. I'll share them when I get back. I'm staying at the state park so I can also meet with Danny Foley there about AOTH II. :) See if we can't get a little rivilry going between the park and the resort. After all, 80 Donzi boats are going to have a tuff time fitting into 40 slips. The view from the state park is beautiful and if you want to save a few dollars for next years Awakening, it's a great option. Camping is also offered at the state park. Everyone think A's on Saturday so we can hopefully bring home a winning poker hand in Donzi's honor. :cool: