PDA

View Full Version : converting too thru hull exhaust

mikev
12-19-2001, 02:21 PM
If i wanted to switch from threw the prop to thru hull exhaust. what all would i need. I was thinking (scary!!), can I just put a block off plate, get some of that exhaust rubber hose and run it from the factory risers to a couple of thru hull fitting I install in the transom? is there anything else i would need to do?

Woodsy
12-19-2001, 02:31 PM
Mike,

I am in the same dilemma. My '97 22 Classic has thru-prop exhaust... I don't know why someone would order aboat this way, but... hHaving done quite a bit of research, the easiest & cheapest way is to get a set of Corsa Quick & Quiet II's. These are non-switchable, and route the exhaust thru the hull and also thru the prop. I think CP-Performance sells the kit for about $600 with the muffled exhaust tips. I have several friends who have this setup and it really sounds pretty good. I am going to go this way, just because I will not have to go thru the hassle & expense of pulling and re-aligning the motor just to put exhaust on.

Just my .10 worth

Woodsy :D

DonziDreamin
12-19-2001, 02:32 PM
I would like to do that to my dad's Baja, Tell me how you did it when your done would ya?

RickR
12-19-2001, 04:13 PM
mikev
To remove the Y pipe and install the plate you will have to pull the engine.
Exhaust tips go through the transom for you to atttach the hose to.
On 22s the installatoin is pretty straight forward but some of the 18s have interference with the power steering actuator.
If diverters will ever be installed the tips need to be in the correct position. I have silent choice. The factory mounted the tips too low :mad: so I had to make some modifications when I installed Gil exhaust manifolds.

Stan
12-19-2001, 06:57 PM
I'm getting ready to install a set of silent choice on my 22 classic this spring. If anybody wants to get rid of a good Y pipe, I'm always looking for good used parts.

Thanks

Stan

mikev
12-20-2001, 10:08 AM
well if I have too pull the motor to mount the block off plate I will stick with what I have now. I probalby will not get much improvment in power any way since I am only running a 4.3 v6.