PDA

View Full Version : Boat Snob

wje
08-24-2001, 03:28 PM
Okay, I'll admit it. Surely, this is the forum to do so. Yes, I am a boat snob. That is what led me here in the first place, and to a large degree, that is what keeps me coming back. Here I can share my passion for boats built by men with names such as Wynne, Aronow, Bertram and Walters. Deep Vee hulls by Hunt. Men with balls that KLANK. Frankly, I'm personally not much interested in anything built much past the mid 70's as manufacturers began to look for ways to produce larger numbers of vessels for less money and outsourcing hardware to the lowest bids. I want to see stringers wrapped in thick glass mat. Solid. Heavy Stuff. Engine hatches that make you grunt when you lift them. By hand. Leave the hydraulic rams and mirrors in the discos. Power Seering? Strong forearms and sore wrists. Stereo? Thru Hull exhaust. Wild Graphics? A boot stripe.
Navigation? A Danforth Corsair. Salt water crusted skin.
A boat snob? Yes, I am.

Forrest
08-24-2001, 04:03 PM
Yea Buddy!

. . . well, I did install a stereo in my '72 Magnum 27 Sport. :rolleyes:

RickSE
08-24-2001, 04:12 PM
Everyone keeps asking me when I'm going to put a stereo on in my 18. I tell them the same day I put one in my 67 Camaro. All my music comes out the exhaust pipes. I can listen to all the CD's I want in the tow vehicle.

BIG BAD DONZI
08-24-2001, 10:26 PM
Right you guys are. Can't remember Don ever building a production boat with a structural flaw or structural complaint by a customer.

Scott Pearson
08-25-2001, 07:40 AM
Thats why they make block off plates...Donzi should have that as an option. I could never bring myself to cut holes back into my 68 for a radio and speakers.

Pain is temporary, Bones heel, Glory is FOREVER!

(NJ)Scott