PDA

View Full Version : First real ride in a Donzi

HyperDonzi
09-21-2002, 07:01 PM
All I can say is WOW!!!!!! That was fun. The boat was none other than.... the Boldt's 22. Wasnt my first ride in a Donzi, I have had many dreams about blasting across the water in them, rode in a 1983 18 a few weeks ago, to bad it was after sunset, only 10mph.

Thanks

Scott, I'll try to get pics of that bayliner!!!

classic_18
09-21-2002, 10:15 PM
Would that be considered a wet dream?

HyperDonzi
09-21-2002, 10:31 PM
actually, the bayliner was called wet dream!!

boldts
09-28-2002, 11:44 PM
Tommy, Glad we finally got a chance to give you a ride. All except for the starting problem with the shifter at the dock, it was a fun day for Beth, Allison and I. Hope we can do it again before I put her away for the winter. I'll run the Turbo next time and up your speed in a boat record. If you really want to increase that number, you really need to attend one of the Donzi gatherings as there are some really fast Donzi boats in the works and in the hands of owners already. Next years "Awakening", I hope to experience Geo's X-18. I'll need the eye goggles for sure on that one! eek! cool! Riding in Big Grizzly's and the Roadtrip SE at Eufaula were big highlights in my boating life. Sure makes you want more HP. "Scott, what's that big create that got dropped off today?" "That's our income tax money Beth!" :D

HyperDonzi
09-29-2002, 05:43 PM
I wish I was able to make The Awakening but its too close to exam time. Whats worse is our school year dosent end to the 10 of june this year :mad:

boldts
09-29-2002, 09:16 PM
Well..... I haven't set the dates as of yet and believe me, owners with children in school and spring trash in Lake Cumberland are part of my reason for investigating other options. Our gathering also falls on Mother's Day weekend which has kept a few from not attending in the past.

The main reason for not wanting to back the date up to far, is because the gathering is attended by so many from so far away and the Lake George Donzi Dust-off. I too like to get to the other events being held and I've longed to see Lake George for a number of years. Which, brings the dollars involved in to the picture for me. (I need a little time to recoop the finances.) Also, once June hits, every part of the country has a poker run or some other boating activity going on. Sooooo, I'm weighing the options. Once I put the Donzi away for the winter, I'll be kicking into high gear on AOTH III. :)

HyperDonzi
09-30-2002, 02:37 PM
Just remember, it isnt only when school's out, but more time for the income tax "crate" to come.... :D