PDA

View Full Version : Drive swap install suggestions?

Moody Blu'
08-23-2001, 01:27 PM
What do you guys think about the transom adaptor plates?
I was thinking about buying the plate from a volvo to an alpha. http://www.bravodrives.com/plates.html

Will the drive bolt right on with the adaptor?

Do I need a different(the peice that the engine bolts to the drive?)-I forget the name of it.

I think ill be able to get the drive the trim pump, gimbal, all the stuff the drive needs to operate.

How much does a used 1989 alpha 1 go for?

Do they make any heavy duty drive parts to make the alpha stronger??

I might have a chance to trade a 1995yamaha 750 stand up jet ski for one.-the ski is worth 2000-at least.

Help, because if I pass this deal up I may be stuck with my ski and I dont use it anymore I play with my boat!
thanks in advanced!!

Forrest
08-24-2001, 10:58 AM
Let's go down the list.

1. Plates are good - they save you alot of work.

2. Yes - the transom assembly will bolt on and line up the drive's input shaft with the center line of the crankshaft.

3. Yes - you will need a rear motor mount/belhousing and an Alpha transom plate for the inside of the boat.

4. I don't know, but that stuff is often available on eBay (http://www.ebay.com)

5. No - if you want heavy duty then don't get an Alpha. You present Volvo is much more heavy-duty than any Alpha One.

6. Is that '95 750 standup Yahama really worth $2000?

Scott Pearson
08-24-2001, 01:14 PM
Fill the transom. When I did my Donzi I looked at those plates and decided not to use it.You still have to cut some glass and wood out of the Transom using that plate. Also it was about $600.00. You can do the Transom over a long weekend. As long as the motor and drive are already out. And it will be 1/2 the cost.

(NJ)Scott

Moody Blu'
08-24-2001, 08:21 PM
Ye didnt think that the boat would look right with a metal plate :p

the only thing i ever fiberglassed was a dumas scarab 45 inch nitro powered remote control boat, this is a little different ehh??
hey scott maybe you can help me once I take this project on?

Scott Pearson
08-24-2001, 10:21 PM
Not a problem.

(NJ)Scott