PDA

View Full Version : Factory Trip

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
10-21-2002, 09:04 PM
Well the 26ZX is back at the factory in the warranty work area.
40 hours, 1710 mile round trip!
Damn the truck is even tired! I sure as hell am.

I sure hope Donzi stands behind their word, the visit did not quite go as expected, but fairly close.
At least we are at a starting point.

Shot a coule classic pic's too.
Bryan

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
10-22-2002, 06:35 AM
Ready for a new proud owner!

http://www.donzi.net/photos/tuvellfactory.jpg

When you loose control towing!
http://www.donzi.net/photos/tuvellwreck.jpg

roadtrip se
10-22-2002, 05:41 PM
Saw something similar to the second picture coming back from Eufala on I-20.

A 70's vintage Suburban, ancient camper trailer, and a boat trailer in the meridian. Vintage tri-hull on the other side of the road. Incredible that they thought they were going to keep all of this on the road! I'm just glad that I didn't see it happen....

What was Jefro thinking?

Todd

KRAVEN
10-22-2002, 07:05 PM
Glad to here yours made it back to the factory,still waiting to see what they are going to do on mine.I will be visiting the factory Nov.1st.for a tour and hope to resolve all issues with Don Pride.Keep us informed on the progress.

GEOO
10-22-2002, 07:17 PM
Bryan,

Glad to hear you had a safe trip and that Donzi was willing to work with you. It is nice to have a company stand behind their product. Keep us posted.

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
10-22-2002, 08:03 PM
KRAVEN, GEOO, I know Donzi can make her like new, no doubt, and I do believe they will stand behind my boat and have agreed to, Tony V and Kathy M. were very personable, honest and upfront, a plus, in my eyes.
My only hard spot was with the return date, my schedule is VERY tight as the RONALD REAGAN prepares for commissioning. I do not want my boat just sitting idle with no work being done, this is always a possibility for warranty work.

Just FYI for all going to the factory, take:
75 South to OLD Exit 40
You are now on the Parkway, stay on it
Right hand lane
4 or 5 lights
when you go over the RailRoad Tracks turn Right on 301, get in far left lane
2nd Traffic light make a left (Whitfield)
Then look to the left (2 streets) for 21st street
You are in there at this point.

I had several map programs and they were sketchy at best.
Bryan

Digger
10-23-2002, 07:28 AM
Bryan, I hope the schedule works out and they take good care of your boat!

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
10-23-2002, 10:13 AM
DIGGER, I think I am in good hands...
My schedule for 2003 blows, thank goodness I love the Navy! VIP warfare has become a weekly event!All will work out with my boat, how about you, are you in deployment work ups now?

How is your boat doing?
I know you ended the season a little early.
Bryan

Extreme Measures
10-23-2002, 11:47 AM
Bryan I hope everything is ok with you baby and you get her back on time. I'm sure Donzi will do a great job. Your Friends In Boating
:cool: Extreme Measures :cool:

Digger
10-24-2002, 09:10 AM
Bryan you hit it exactly right, "ya gotta love it" else I would be out of my mind. I think I have had 3 days off in the last 60 days. The boat is up in NH, she'll get worked on over the winter, I'll go get her in the Spring. Fortunately I have donzi.net to help keep me sane!! :D

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
10-24-2002, 01:40 PM
DIGGER
Good Luck, I just dodged a big bullet, 1 year unaccompanied in Bahrain! eek!
I threatened to retire, too old for that stuff, I finally put family first since I went over 20 years!
Going to desk it in June 03 :D :D :D
Then I can boat more.

I think I am going to fly down to the factory in a couple weeks to check on the boat, burn some flyer miles...
I am supposed to hear from customer service next Friday after Steve Simon gets back and settled in..
I will keep everyone posted.

KRAVEN, did you get my email?
Bryan