PDA

View Full Version : Muskoka Lakes are of Canada

harbormaster
12-18-2001, 11:28 PM
Any of you hosers familiar with the Muskoka Lakes are of Canada? A gentleman is trying to track down the history of a particular boat from that area.
He is the current owner of the boat and would like to find out more info... Here are his questions...
It is a 1984 18 Classic in very good condition and am trying to get some history on it. The boat has had two owners but the original buyer's name is unknown. The boat has serial #DMR187810584.
The boat also has a distinct color combination of yellow deck and hull stripe at the water line and blue deck stripe, blue engine cover stripe and full blue hull color. The interior is yellow with blue stripes. The colors are original, probably an anniversary model? I am trying to find out the history of this boat and anything you could offer would be greatly appreciated.

If this boat sounds familiar to anyone let me know...

Thanks

ALLAN BROWN
12-19-2001, 08:40 AM
JOHN CHISHOLM, THE LAST INDIVIDUAL OWNER OF DONZI, HAS OR HAD A FAMILY HOME ON MUSKOKA. HE ALWAYS TOOK A BOAT UP THERE, AND THEN SOLD IT. MAYBE IT WAS HIS.

AB

olredalert
12-19-2001, 10:40 AM
Yeah,

------On one of a number of great martini laden lunches I was lucky enough to share with John I remember him talking about Lake Muskoka.Have been wanting to take a boat up there for a splash for years,as Ive heard it is really beautiful.A very upscale area,as many wealthy Torontoans(sp)have summer homes up there..........just......ol red!

Danny
12-19-2001, 03:23 PM
Ol Red is right lots of money in the Muskokas. Beautiful old homes and lots of beautiful boathouses. Port Carling has an annual wooden boat show for all the woodie lovers.
Goldie and Kurt have a summer place there.
Did a tour of Lake Muskoka last fall and I have hunted through most of the marinas there looking for as Scott would say "Donzis in Distress". Have not seen the boat in question but there are several people who frequent this site that cottage or live there and they may have some leads.
Danny