PDA

View Full Version : Scot Pearson's 18'

1996Z15
12-18-2001, 08:26 PM
I am fairly new to this board and I was looking at some of the boats in the registry. I have to say that Scot Pearson's 1968 18' 2+3 has got to be the most beautiful 18' Donzi that I have ever seen. Has anyone seen this boat in person?

Woodsy
12-18-2001, 08:43 PM
The pix do not do this boat any sort of justice. To be truthful, I still cannot believe he actually drives that boat. I have seen cars in museums in worse shape than that Donzi! Much appreciation for Scott's vision and Kathy's patience!! Of course, you realize he makes the rest of us look bad... really bad... well, maybe not Ted's HP-500 22. I am in awe of that one as well, although I haven't seen it yet... then there is CDMA's Arneson driven 22 yet to be completed... I am soooooo far down on the Donzi list...

Woodsy :D

FASTEDDIE
12-18-2001, 08:53 PM
Scott Pearson walked away with 3 Awards at the Lake George Donzi Classic Club 7th Annual
Spring Dust Off.Check out the Awards now that we finished posting all the pictures. Go to the Homepage at
www.lgdonziclassic.com (http://www.lgdonziclassic.com)

and scroll down to "Award Winners" and double click on it. Pearsons boat is magnificent and more spectacular in person. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Last Tango
12-18-2001, 09:07 PM
Scott's boat also took Best in Show at the Sarasota Donzi factory gathering in November. He did in fact take it out for a bit of a run, IN SALT WATER! If HE will do that, so can everybody else on this board!
Mark :cool:

Lil Grizz
12-18-2001, 09:30 PM
I have to agree that was the nicest boat i have probably seen. And in sarasota he took it out for more than a bit of a run. I seem to remember many many flybys on sunday afternoon while everyone was enjoying the BBQ. I just wish i knew his secrets for keeping the boat as clean as he does!

Barry Phillips
12-18-2001, 10:09 PM
Pictures do not do Scott's Barrel Back
justice is right. This boat is all about
detailing from the pearlescent paint
to the custom stainless dash panel.
Although this boat has a detailed to match GM small block, Scott kept the details like the wheel and controls period. As for the graphics the factory should
take notes. Best of all Scott is not afraid
to run it and run it hard. If it were a car
it would be a sort of resto rod, very cool.

SO-SLO

mattyboy
12-19-2001, 07:39 AM
here we go again with Mr Pearson's boat, 1996 is from your neck of the woods Scott, so Scott how much are you paying these guys :p all this fuss over a orange donzi ;)
yes 1996 his boat is perfect and if I can get my boat to look half as good it would be wonderful. and he is my kinda guy, he is not afraid to use it. I would love to see his maintenance program.
Ok Scott we put in a good word now send the cash!! ;) :p :eek:

Only kidding, happy holidays to all

Matt

CrackerJack
12-19-2001, 09:15 AM
The only thing that could be added is a Pink Flamingo to make this Donzi really stand out.
Great looking and Performing Donzi, Jack.

Scott Pearson
12-19-2001, 12:07 PM
Holly Cow....What a surprise this was when I went to visit the Donzi page this afternoon.

Woodsy, Ed, Mark, Lil Griz, Barry, Matt and jack. You guys are killing me....My head is about to explode. Thanks guys for ALL the great words. It means alot comming from a group of people that have such a love for Donzi's. And from a group of people that have great looking boats also.

The funny thing is....I didnt have to pay you guys this time... :D (Laughing)

1996...you are more then welcome to take a ride up to Howell, NJ and have a look. Your not that far at all. Thank you again for the complements!

(NJ)Scott