PDA

View Full Version : Cool ad from 1999

Craig
10-21-2002, 02:21 PM
Scanned this in for viewing. Not to start up another Harley debate, but isn't that a Harley pictured there with the Classic??

http://www.donzi.net/photos/CZimmermann64.jpg

Ranman
10-21-2002, 03:21 PM
That's a great ad! I guess I'm biased since Donzi Jenn won the "large format" version of that ad at the Sarasota Owners Rally. Donzi claims this is one of only 2 made. It's for sale GeneD...Just kidding.

As a side note, the jet, car and Harley are toys. Seperate pictures of the boat and "toys" were digitally superimposed to make the ad.

http://www.donzi.net/photos/ROakRaffle01.jpg

HP 600SC
10-21-2002, 04:39 PM
Randy, are you sure about the toy thing???
I remember that being shot at Sarasota airport
with the real Lamborghini Diablo, and the Jet too...
Ted M.

Ranman
10-21-2002, 06:36 PM
Ted, I'm not sure of anything. :D I never got the "whole" story, but the "toy story" was what was floating around the Banquet at the Owners Rally. Maybe Mike Miller can clear this up???

I thought I talked with Mike about this... MAybe it was someone else... I don't know. I do remember wondering if they were toys, how did they get the lights on? Guess I thought it was more Photoshop trickery.

Whatever, it's a cool ad...and I got one of the big ones. Sweet. :D :D

SundanceKid
10-21-2002, 07:04 PM
The jet definately isn't a toy. You can see the pitot tubes for the air speed indicators and the gear doors.

Ed Donnelly
10-21-2002, 09:54 PM
Its a Fatboy with fxst back fender or fxst with fatboy forks and exhaust. I own a 2000 fxst but I have never seen that combo. I guess I live a shelter like existence

Craig
10-22-2002, 06:17 AM
Edward - Have you ever seen what I think they call a "Boss Hoss"??? It's a custom made "Harley styled" bike with a 350 Chevy engine -- No kidding! I think they're made somewhere Pennsylvania - not sure, but I've seen a few. Good Grief! They're huge and awkward looking. Also, nice poster. I want one.

Surfer
10-22-2002, 07:19 AM
Maybe we can get mainbrain to divulge the secret to the ad. He might have been involved...