PDA

View Full Version : S. Boldts idea

CrackerJack
10-21-2002, 12:45 PM
Here was my first thought of the idea from Scot B.
(See post of Donzi art- jumping cartoon.)
http://www.donzi.net/photos/poster.jpg

Digger
10-21-2002, 04:48 PM
VERY cool!!!

harbormaster
10-21-2002, 05:35 PM
I had a shirt design with the F2 boat on it but the Miller guys at Donzi said "cease and desist" to an F2 design.
It is really a pity. Donzi this year has one one of the greatest racing success stories out there and they are not capitalizing on it.

boldts
10-21-2002, 07:07 PM
Mike or Nick Miller,
What's the scoop? I'd really like to do a tribute for AOTH III next year and I really like the example done here by Jack. It's exactly what I had in mind! Is it a sponsor issue or art work patent? You know I would not put anything on a shirt with-out your blessings, but you all are the ones getting the advertisement here. I've used pictures from the catalogs in the past with no Donzi issues. Last year, I got away from the catalog pictures and had some art work done at my cost, not Donzi's. Just want to pass the word on to those who don't know about Donzi boats. There's no better way to strike up a conversation then by seeing it on the back of someone wearing it. It has happened many times to me because I never go to the lake with-out a Donzi shirt of some type on. Sure would like to wear the new F2 Champions on my back! E-mail or call me please! :)

Jack - Nice job! Like I said, exactly what I had in mind! :D

roadtrip se
10-21-2002, 10:30 PM
Scot and Scott,

Coming from a big ticket marketing background, I share your concern about the brand equity being lost on the ZR program.

I had a long talk with Mike Miller on this topic at Eufala. While I promised to keep the specifics to myself, Donzi does have plans to capitalize on this design, its look, and technology. They had to get this program off of the ground and I'm going to be thrilled to celebrate with the team in Key West!

It has floored me that Donzi doesn't protect their trademarks more vigorously. If they don't want us producing t-shirts with the ZR boat image, then how about producing some that we can buy? And how about some decent sportswear while we are at it? We are their best billboards after all.

Todd

boldts
10-24-2002, 10:45 PM
Mr. Miller, Did you call my home yesterday? Got a call from FL, but I wasn't home from work yet. No message, so just wondering.