PDA

View Full Version : Donzi Event Forum

boxy
08-21-2001, 09:50 AM
Hi Scot, I think the new forum is a great idea, but is it possible to lock the thread on the main page, with the final message being from you, with words to the effect, moved to Event Forum, that way things wouldn't get lost.
Keep up the great work.

Formula Jr
08-21-2001, 10:06 AM
Boxy, the events forum is always listed on the Forums Page. (http://www.donzi.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi)

boxy
08-21-2001, 10:14 AM
I know that, it's just that when a topic that was on the main page gets shifted, it takes a less sharp guy ( :D me :D ) a couple of minutes to figure out where it went. UBB allows the administrator to lock a thread with a final message, that way it doesn't continue to clog the main board, and everyone can readily see where it went.
It's all good.

harbormaster
08-21-2001, 05:37 PM
Boxy,
there is only so much I can do. If someone cannot figure out that events and gatherings belong under the "events and gatherings" forum, then there is not much more I can do for them. If I were to leave it on performance locked, then I would get a bunch of messages from folks who want to know why they can't post to it.

Also When an event is engraved in stone, such as Lake George, AOTH, or Donzi homecoming then I will put it on the events page when requested.

boxy
08-22-2001, 08:42 AM
Fair enough.
It's all good. :D :D