PDA

View Full Version : Gaffrig/Livorsi question

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
08-20-2001, 01:35 PM
I am compliling stuff for this winters projects, picked up Bennett trimdicators this weekend and now I am ready to order Bezels and bolsters.
I ordered the Livorsi catalogue (and a "confidental" price guide is included), and try to find a dealer since supposedly they will not sell direct.
Then I read the Sky Blue Donzi dudes post about Ed at Gaffrig! I thought they were the same folks!
On my 22ZX I want Flat Slim Line Red, so who do I try to call? Gaffrig Performance or Livorsi?
I tried some GAFFRIG dealers listed in HotBoat and Powerboat mag but they carry only standard and angled, basic stuff. Plus I want the matching steering wheel hub and white Dino wheel...
Who have you guys dealt with that you would recommend as honest and dependable.
Thanks in advance as always.
Bryan

Woodsy
08-20-2001, 01:46 PM
Call livorsi.... they sell direct. You can get a "BassPack" of 7 Gaffrig II gauges for about $275....

Dave

BigGrizzly
08-20-2001, 01:53 PM
Order direct they are a good company. They stand behind their stuff. What isn't your boat pretty enough?

Randy

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
08-20-2001, 02:25 PM
Randy, I always smile after reading your posts! Yeah she is pretty enough, but the all white dash with the Gaffrigs I have need a bit of color... But thanks for the sutle compliment! :) Great winter Saturday project!

I will call them this week, thanks.
Bryan

Classic Razorback
08-20-2001, 02:48 PM
I love my Auto-Meter Gauges from Rex Marine (909-392-7300) White face White bezel.
Chris

Forrest
08-20-2001, 04:27 PM
The best deal by far that I ever seen on Gaffrig gauges and accessories is from Trenton Marine in NJ (http://www.trentonmarine.com/). Livorsi does not do as good of a deal as Trenton Marine does.

HP 600SC
08-20-2001, 05:16 PM
In my opinion Gaffrig II guages "stink"
they are not very accurate, they are NOT
made in the U.S. and they break often.
Gaffrig one guages are much better although
they are more expensive, guess you get what
you pay for.

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
08-20-2001, 05:49 PM
The Gaffrig II's came in my Donzi from the factory.... hhhmmm substandard? :)
Thank god for steam, oil leaks and GPS so I know if there is a problem!
Just kidding Ted....

New gauges are not in the winter budget, just bezels for them. But some stuff in the budget is pretty nice!!!
Bryan

HP 600SC
08-20-2001, 08:53 PM
Bryan, no problem, I know your kidding,
I beleive the gaffrig II's are standard
and the upgrade is gaffrig one's (optional)
But as I said "my opinion" and you know that
I will always tell the truth...good or bad.
:rolleyes: