PDA

View Full Version : DONZI Art - 16 jumping Aluma Craft

Craig
10-19-2002, 10:53 AM
http://www.donzi.net/photos/CZimmermann65.jpg
Got to playing with the kids colored pencils again; thought I'd scan & post the result. Drew the row boat from pictures of my grandfather's 1958 Aluma Craft row boat (anyone guess what the outboard engine is - I drew it pretty much to scale, I think)? Drew the boat with 270 Volvo outdrive from pics of my Cobalt XV-200, but for the graphics I Donzi-ized.

oldLenny
10-19-2002, 10:58 AM
Nice drawing! would look good on a "shirt"... wink

HP 600SC
10-19-2002, 11:10 AM
VERY COOL CRAIG!!Now thats JKEEFE all the way baby!!! Maybe a special edition JKEEFE Seadogs shirt??
Ted M.

MAXCAT
10-19-2002, 11:43 AM
is it a Johnson 7 horse?

Speed-Racer
10-19-2002, 11:50 AM
Craig nice work man! Any more? Ted... great idea...I'll make sure Dad takes a look at it!

HP 600SC
10-19-2002, 11:51 AM
Craig, I will pay you to do a crazy drawing of my 22, I will put it on a shirt. Name your price, or trade a few shiny trinkets??
Thank's
Ted

Looped
10-19-2002, 12:37 PM
Maxcat,
I'm with you but I think it looks more like my 1976 6 horse Johnson.

mattyboy
10-19-2002, 01:06 PM
way to cool,
oh yeah a shirt

Matt

jb
10-19-2002, 02:33 PM
make it a shirt...Send me the pic and I will get quotes on a lot of 20...

rong
10-19-2002, 02:50 PM
Way-cool!
And so the driver is saying yippie

CrackerJack
10-19-2002, 03:07 PM
Wasn't there a discussion on a 16' Classic shirt
design? This could be it or at least a special edition.

Last Tango
10-19-2002, 04:42 PM
Jack,
I agree with Ted...that drawing is YOU, baby! The minute I saw it I thought about you. Ted beat me to it though.

And to the folks looking to do about 20 T-shirts, let me warn you. We just went through the T-shirt thing for the SEADOGS and to get 50 shirts cost us over $500. The shirts were cheap, but the setup is VERY expensive. Like almost $200 for set-up and then the shirts run about $6-10 each depending on the sizes you select and the material and T-shirt style. Be careful. But I like the idea. Maybe we could offer it up as a SEADOGs II. We already have the front logo and that would make an excellent rear design in a large format. Nice! Great job!

harbormaster
10-19-2002, 10:15 PM
The first registry shirt had George desmond's X-18 flying on the back. on the front it said "Unlimited Airtime"

oldLenny
10-19-2002, 11:46 PM
Early seventies Johnson, back when they were called "Sea Horse", this is a 6hp. White lid with a gold emblem if I remember correctly...These are the boat motor that was a part of growing up and "gunkholing". Fond memories. :)

RedDog
10-20-2002, 08:31 AM
For CHEAP shirts, here's an option. From Wal-Mart, Staples, Office Depot, etc., you can buy iron-on transfer sheets that you can run through your ink jet printer. I have never tried them but I suspect they should hold up through a few washings - and set up cost is nill. I would think that all you need is a high resolution image to start with and then flip/mirrow the image if text is involved. Oh, you also need an iron - I know, that may be asking too much for some of you single FL guys. But I suspect Digger can help you with that

jb
10-20-2002, 09:41 AM
I have major contacts in the Biz. Have done this several other times for other similiar situations.
BUt hey...just tryin to help.

Craig
10-20-2002, 12:27 PM
Whoa, maybe it's not to scale as much as I thought. 70's is right and "Johnson" and "Sea Horse" are right. It's actually a '77 Johnson 15hp my Dad bought new in 1977. Guess I'd have been about 15 yrs. old. Of course the little Aluma-Craft was in the family before I was born. Like mentioned above, lots of memories in that old craft. Earliest engine I remember on it was actually a Sears Ted Williams (either 2 or 4 hp), then a bigger Johnson (maybe 4 or 6 hp). The 15 was the first one that would actually bring the boat on plane. Then you could really do some exploring. Used to take it up creeks off the lake. Still have the boat (with the 15). Now I take the kids. Still lots of fun. I actually have taught my 3 kids to ski with that little boat and engine combo. Small, tame wake, easy to climb in and out of, easy on fuel, and believe it or not, enough speed and power for little people to ski. This'll get a laugh: I checked speed with a GPS once a couple of years ago. It gets around 21 mph with just me (200lbs)in the 13' boat. Prop dia. and pitch is 9.5" x 10". Pretty amazing it can do that.

Feel free to use the drawing for a shirt. I'd be honored. Do designers get a free shirt??? I think jb mentioned sending the pic somewhere to do it. I'm pretty sure you can just right click on the pic (a jpg image) and save it to your 'puter; then print it on a color printer. Since it's just a line drawing and the colors are mostly solid (no shading, etc.) it should print pretty nice.

HP500 - I guess I could do a pic of your 22, time permitting. I don't really draw a lot, but I had some kind of flu bug and was home from work a couple of days. Started getting real bored just "resting" so I started doodling. Not sure about a price. Hey, you did say name my price!!! Seriously, I'd need a couple of pics to make it look enough like your boat to be satisfying. Maybe a profile of the boat and out-drive on the trailer with decent detail. Would need to know like hair color, bald, etc. to put you in the driver's seat in approx the same pic. I really can't draw people too well. So just a hint at what you look like would do. Could e-mail me some pics. I'll give it a whirl.

Thanks for all the nice feed back.

CrackerJack
10-20-2002, 06:21 PM
We did the iron on with the first Seadogs design.
It works but, the colors were not real vivid.
May have been the style of shirt used it was not
a smooth cotton material. Brandon and I were playing with that great drawing an here is our
modified image.
http://www.donzi.net/photos/sweet16.jpg

Craig
10-20-2002, 09:42 PM
Cool!

boldts
10-20-2002, 10:46 PM
Hey guys. While all you artists are at it, I need an idea for next years AOTH III tee. Try to keep in mind that all Donzi models are invited to Lake Cumberland. Of course with Donzi winning the F2 Championship, I was thinking along the lines of honoring that fact with a picture I have available to me along with an image of the late Don Aronow who I'm sure is smiling down from heaven! Great looking picture. Reminds me of a few of the Seadogs I met in GA.

Kent Perroux
10-21-2002, 07:36 AM
Excellent! Can you make one jumping a Jet-Ski?

Craig
10-21-2002, 10:59 AM
Kent, I actually thought the same thing after I had pretty much drawn the row boat.

Those pesky jet skis are always blasting up behind; jumpin my wake! I'm showing my age.

They were around when I was a teen-ager but in smaller numbers. I think there were like 2 Kawasaki Jet Skis around our spot for a number of years, then more, bigger, faster, etc.

They're cool, but they do irritate me sometimes. They're like big mosquitoes or big water bugs!

I rode one once. Pretty fun, but I prefer a boat. Might have to draw that one!

Steven Cohn
10-21-2002, 01:05 PM
Nice! How about calling the drawing "A Real Sleeper".

Craig
10-21-2002, 01:51 PM
I like it; or perhaps "REVEILLE!!"

Formula Jr
10-21-2002, 04:33 PM
Way Cool!! :D