PDA

View Full Version : Somebody finally described it!

roadtrip se
01-16-2003, 01:42 PM
On any weekend you can feel the adrenaline crackling in the air. Boat owners sneak outta work early, abandon kids at soccer games, and make excuses to their ladies. We are the guys who toil in our shops until midnight, neglecting family and friends, in the search of that extra 1/2 mph. This is the need for speed, its not a hobby and not a job.... its a pure passion. -credit Travvis off of OSO

This describes how I spent my fall with the upgrade project. You don't have a Donzi, you definitely don't get it!

Todd

Thinking about that new Mercury five blade... eek!

Greg K
01-16-2003, 02:17 PM
In additon to what Todd shared with us...

A user's guide for the prospective girlfriend, boyfriend, spouse or other life partner (pets excluded) of a hardcore Donzi Owner.

First off, potential partners, if you haven't realized it yet, let's get one thing perfectly clear: Donzi owners are a strange breed. For your relationship to blossom, you must understand that owning a Donzi is a life-long obsession (that may, if you're lucky and/or stick around long enough, rub off on you), the nature of which is too mammoth and monumental to adequately express here. Therefore, when you begin your experience with us, be advised that our being, our persona, our self interpretation, who we are as people and the engrossing experience of going faster (otherwise known as WOT) are synonymous. Owning a Donzi is much more than just a pastime or hobby. Donzi ownership envelops our lives in a much greater and grander capacity, and is therefore much more profound than any simplistic, one dimensional idea.

Because of this all-encompassing aspect, it would be prudent for you to know what we are not. We are not people who "partake in the activity known as boating" or "people who like to boat" or even somebody who boats when "the weather’s good." We will have nothing to do with any characterization of our relationship with our Donzi that lessens the reality of our deeply, and, dare I say, spiritually rooted bond with the experiences of going faster. We are hardcore.

A good rule of thumb when relating to us is to substitute the words "run the Donzi" in place of our names. For instance, if your prospective boyfriend/spouse wants to go run the Donzi, he may say something like, "I'm going to go run the Donzi." But what he's really saying is, "I'm going to be me." Now, if you're fond of this person, or even perhaps love this person, you should be overjoyed at this prospect. If you're not overjoyed, again, I suggest you reevaluate why it is you desire a relationship with this person.

Furthermore, if you have feelings of animosity or jealousy toward our Donzi and the role it plays in our lives, this is a red flag. Here again, I suggest you interchange our name with run the Donzi or vice versa. If you have thoughts like, "I wish he wouldn't run the Donzi so much," you're really saying, "I wish he wouldn't be himself so much." If you don't want him to be himself, then you don't respect him.

Of course, this is overtly selfish. After all, being yourself is the ultimate expression of selfishness. It is not, however, wrong. Do you want us to be something that we are not? Of course not. If that is the case, I question your motives in the relationship and humbly suggest a week of fasting to increase your obvious need for inward reflection.

There are countless times when interchanging the owner's name (or appropriate pronoun) with the words "run the Donzi" is useful when reflecting on your relationship with a hardcore Donzi owner.

I've put together a little guide to help you out.
Instead of saying, "Maybe you shouldn't go run the Donzi so much," say, "Maybe you should go be yourself again."

Instead of saying, "Running the Donzi always makes you so tired," say, "Being yourself always makes you so happy."

Instead of saying, "You run the Donzi so much, you never have time for me," say, "You are so genuine and sincere all the time. The time you spend with me is always refreshing."

By the way, nothing, short of a carne asada burrito, makes us happier than to hear one of you utter the ultimate loving sonata, "Why don't you go run the Donzi?" It's the Alpha and the Omega of genuine, heart-felt Donzi love.

During your tenure, don't ever underestimate the power that this experience has within our lives. And I say "within" with the utmost conviction. Because owning a Donzi isn't something that resides outside of our being. It's inside. Its roots entangle our hearts, minds and senses. We can get defensive and downright ugly when someone or something tries to intercede.

I hope this information helps you on your quest for peace, contentment and fulfillment with one of us.

-Classic

ToonaFish
01-16-2003, 02:52 PM
Ahhhh, perfection! Thanks guys for the ear to ear grin...

Hotspare
01-17-2003, 12:33 PM
Years of owning and/or Lusting over Fast Boats will Harden the Soul .... Not only am I thinking about this Stuff during the Day Light Hours, It's Transended into Dreamland Now !!!!!!!!!!! Yep ,,,,, Soon as the Head Hits the Pillow, It's like a "FreezeFrame DVD" Wife Say's ........... If I Yell "HOLD ON" and Go for the Stick's again in my Sleep ,,,,,,,,,, I'll be livin in the Guest Quarters ......... Uhhhhh !!!!!! Do you think that's fair ????? LOL. "This Stuffs Not Goin Away" ......................................... :D