PDA

View Full Version : 13' w/ Big Block

Bandit
12-13-2001, 11:40 AM
First, thanks for the CD's Crazy Horse. I hope you'll be playing live at AOTH II on Sat. night with all the Winni girls for back up.

I was flipping through the channels last night and came across jet sprinting races at the US Open in Spokane on Speedvision.

They had amazing boats at 13' with huge HP running around a very narrow maze of cannels at lightning speeds and turning on a dime. They would complete the entire course in under a minute.

This is the first I've seen of it and I'm sure several of you have seen it before or maybe been lucky enough to be in a race.

Sam
12-13-2001, 02:34 PM
I saw the same thing, way to cool.

Sam

mikev
12-13-2001, 02:36 PM
i saw that it was amazing steel bottom jet boats with over 1000hp and roll bars. sure would be fun to have one for jumping crusier waves on lake lanier during a summer saturday afternoon.

Formula Jr
12-14-2001, 10:05 AM
If you saw the James Bond movie "The world is not enough", you saw a Sprint Boat in action. There's a track- And they really are more like a track - in Marsing ID. Amazing. You can fit an entire coarse in three acres. They just bull doze out the ground to make trenches about four feet deep about twenty wide. Its the fastest growing motor sport in America right now, and there are tracks planned across the US. So very soon you'll have one in your back yard.

Looped
12-14-2001, 10:21 AM
Here is an overall picture of a track in action that I posted yesterday morning under Seano's posting "Need a project...".

http://www.donzi.net/photos/cringer055.jpg

Formula Jr
12-14-2001, 10:47 AM
The hulls are made out of aluminum - not steel. Over 1000Hp is a stretch. They run about 600Hp. If anyone is really interested in buying one, they are for sale in this area all the time in the $7000 or less dollar range. They are not really setup for open water. This (http://powerboat.about.com/library/weekly/aa013101a.htm) however is not a Sprint Boat.
:eek:

DonziDreamin
12-14-2001, 04:18 PM
im pretty sure they're called Jet Sprint Racers. They started out in New Zeland. I would love to feel the G Forces ad they go around those turns at whatever speed theyre going.

Bandit
12-19-2001, 09:15 AM
Only $7k? I would think the motors would cost that much.

I hope they come to my back yard so I can join in on the fun. With the excitement of this kind of racing, I'm sure we'll be seeing a lot more of it. Check out the Harbormaster's post on this topic. Great pics!