PDA

View Full Version : Mike Miller Resigns From Donzi

Donzi Marine VP
01-15-2003, 09:19 PM
Dear Friends,

I wanted to take a moment to inform all of you that Mike Miller has decided to leave Donzi to open his own graphic design and printing business.

Although this is a very positive move for Mike, he will be greatly missed by all of us here at Donzi Marine.

For the past 6 years Mike has played a very important role in not only growing brand awareness for Donzi, he has also been a key factor in our pursuit of making Donzi what it is today.

I know many of you have become close friends with Mike, so it is with great pleasure that I remind all of us that Donzi get togethers are for friends and family. And I am sure Mike will grace us with his presence at many of these events. I can't stand the thought of being on-stage alone!

And, on a final note, not only is he a great brother, he's the best damned artist that I ever worked with. Please join all of us in wishing Mike the best of luck with his new business.

Nick Miller

Ranman
01-15-2003, 09:29 PM
Mike,

Hate to see you go, but best of luck in your new endeavors. Donzi Jenn and I still hope we will see you at the Donzi events.

Those are gonna be big shoes to fill...

Dr. Dan
01-15-2003, 09:33 PM
:cool: Mike....I know that Donzi will miss you, you above all others I have met in our short tenure as a Donzi owner....have welcomed Liz and I into not only your family...but you made us feel welcome in The Donzi Family :D .... For selfish reasons I will miss your influence with Donzi, for personal reasons I wish you and Angie and your family the Best of Health and Happiness as well as Success in your new pursuits! wink I trust you will be terrorizing us all at some events, so I am increasing our insurance coverage ....just in case you do show up! :D All The Best My Brother....I know You Will Be Fantastic in anything you do! You have such an infectious energy that we all have come to expect at the Events, an we all wonder where your drive and energy comes from....cuz when it comes to personalities that surround the Mystique of Donzi Marine....you are definitely TURBO CHARGED! "Shine On You Crazy Diamond"....Doc & Lizard

HP 600SC
01-15-2003, 09:40 PM
Mike, best of luck! I am sure you will excel at your new endeavor! Hope to see you soon!
Ted M.

mattyboy
01-15-2003, 09:46 PM
Mike,
it was a pleasure to met you,and the best of luck in the future, we'll miss ya

Matt and Marie

Shanghied Again
01-15-2003, 09:50 PM
Mike,
We wish you the best and from the first time we met in Key West many moons ago I knew we would be friends.
Mike you are always welcome in our home and yes always a part of our DONZIS lives, You will always be one of us and I wish you the best in your future buisness, You will be missed please keep in touch. IF NOT I will call your cell phone and bug the s%% out of you.
Your Friend always
Frank frown

Greg K
01-15-2003, 10:23 PM
Mike,

Best of luck....glad to have been welcomed by you always and the times we've spent together. I know this will continue.

Seadogs live on..

Jamesbon
01-15-2003, 10:40 PM
Best of luck in your new trials!

Look forward to seeing you at the next events, fellow Donzi owner!

roadtrip se
01-16-2003, 12:19 AM
Now who am I going to pick on from donzi marine, if you're not around Mike?

Tough being the corporate spokesperson AND a friend at all of the events we have been to together. I could always see you chewing on your responses to my very pointed questions, wanting to say more, but remembering who wrote the check. Always respected you for that. Smart man.

You have been a big part of what donzi is to me and many others. Please don't be a stranger and good luck with your new direction.

Todd and Jill

Last Tango
01-16-2003, 03:07 AM
Mike!
I'm shocked, stunned, and sad, but I'm also happy for you. I'm pleased we had you for one more SEADOG event as Emmissary from the Donzi Factory. Now you can just show up as a SEADOG at all the events! No excuses! Did you keep the Ultra Sweet 16? I hope so.
Good luck and lots of success in your new business!
Mark (Supreme SEADOG)

PS, Now that you are a "civilian," I believe I will abdicate my throne and turn over the staff of leadership of the SEADOGs to the one we hold most truly SUPREME - You!

Jerry Eisele
01-16-2003, 04:29 AM
Mike,
Good luck in your new career. We'll miss your spark at the AOTH. Thanks for all your help on the auction at The Awakening, you made it a success. wink You'll always have a ride on Cumberland, hope to see you in 2003.

Jerry

Scott Pearson
01-16-2003, 05:36 AM
....I knew I sholdnt have posted that picture :D

Best of luck Mike!

(NJ)Scott

Fish boy
01-16-2003, 05:48 AM
Mike,
Laura and I wish you the best of luck. Hope you will continue to grace us with your presences at the get togethers, on this site, and utilize your photoshop talents on every member but me :D

Good luck although I am sure you won't need luck with talent like you posess.

Jody and Laura

Digger
01-16-2003, 06:02 AM
Mike, good luck, I'm sure you will succeed at whatever you do next!

pmreed
01-16-2003, 06:18 AM
Mike, The subject of your leaving Donzi and moving on to bigger things came up several times in the chat room last night. At first I thought they were just pulling my leg, but, lo and behold, its true :( . Best of luck and my continued wishes for your success :) .

Phil

harbormaster
01-16-2003, 06:40 AM
Mike,
It will not be the same without you.

Scot VanAlstine

GEOO
01-16-2003, 07:08 AM
Mike......
Great news, Best of luck with your new career!!!
Well sure miss you!!! Hope see you at a few events??

MOP
01-16-2003, 07:35 AM
Though I have not met you it is very easy to see you are a special guy. Our lives are like a book, we must turn the pages. It is obvious your Donzi page will be marked and remembered by many. Best of luck!

knee deep
01-16-2003, 07:36 AM
Mike, only attended last years event and you were the "host with the most!" I don't think these things will ever be the same without the "Miller Brothers" headlining. A huge loss for Donzi. The best of luck in your new venture.
I guess i'll never get my mail,............lol

Tom Davis
01-16-2003, 11:27 AM
Does this mean that you will tow your own boat to the events and still be part of the big Donzi family??? I hope so, the events just wouldn't be the same without you! Good luck with the new busniness, don't be a stranger. :cool:

Tom Davis
Winni Bandits

BigGrizzly
01-16-2003, 11:56 AM
Mike wehave become family friends not just Donzi family friends. Next time your in the neighborhood call and we WILL get together!! My whole familv will miss you. We will be looking forward to seening you again at an event or just a visit --we always will have room for the miller family.

boldts
01-16-2003, 12:23 PM
Mr. and Mrs. Mike Miller,

I would like to wish you all the best in your new heading! The very large poster you created for Beth and I hangs in our family room and is one of the biggest conversation pieces with-in our house! Truthfully, it is the best Donzi gift I have ever received because it comes from not only you, but everyone at Donzi Marine! You and Angie will be missed if you are unable to still attend the annual AOTH in KY. I sure hope that will not be the case. Like was mentioned before, you add a lot of spark to our gatherings and are probably one of the key reasons behind my recent upgrade to a 22 Classic! You did so much for the AOTH gatherings and I was always proud to be able to say that a representative of Donzi Marine would be in attendance knowing it would be you. I'll never forget the first year and your attempt to do a good deed of presenting me with a neon Donzi sign only to find a Proline sign had been shipped to Kentucky! I think everyone there enjoyed that moment the most of the whole weekend.

Sooo, a question for Nick. Can you fill us in on who Mike's replacement will be so we can begin to butter them up and give a formal invite to AOTH III? Not sure how Mike's personality can ever be replaced. When ever I needed a hand, Mike was there for me!

Mike, you will be truly missed by all who ever met you! I sure hope you, Angie and the 16 can continue to attend as many Donzi gatherings as possible. You'll always be a member of the Midwest Donzi Club and the Donzi family! :)

Scott, Beth & Allison Boldt

Terry0341
01-16-2003, 12:33 PM
Mike, Good luck! Hope to see you at AOTH III. :)

BERTRAM BOY
01-16-2003, 02:49 PM
Mike,
I'm going to miss you too......but My aim is getting better.
BERTRAM BOY :D :D :D

ToonaFish
01-16-2003, 02:58 PM
Uh, oh, they found out you gave me the hat, didn't they? :D

Best of luck with the new business - we've seen your talent and skill at work at Donzi and it'll be a no brainer that you'll enjoy great success!

Bunches,

Celene

HELLERBOY
01-16-2003, 02:59 PM
Mike,
Being a DONZI owner is great, You and your brother have made owning a DONZI even better. Best of luck :)
Matt & Jeanne

KMLFAMILY
01-16-2003, 03:40 PM
Mike it was great to have met you up here in the Northeast at the last Winni. event. It was our 1st and you sure made myself and the girls feel welcome.You are a great spokesperson and i wish you the best on your new endeavor. Can"t wait to see some of the new graphic designs you will offer.
Good Luck
Ken

CrackerJack
01-16-2003, 03:41 PM
Mike, I agree with Hellerboy(Matt) you made a great time even better. Brandon and I appreciate all you did for the Donzi events.
There is always a seat for you, passenger that is. Thanks again for everything, Jack and Brandon.

DaveP
01-16-2003, 04:52 PM
Mike - all the best!

Dave Patnaude
Typhoon Performance Marine

Hardonzi
01-16-2003, 09:51 PM
Mike,
Gonna miss your cocky smile,and that maniacel look you always give when you dont know the answer..........."YOU ARE THE MAN" :p

CDMA
01-16-2003, 09:55 PM
In my limited time at Donzi I can tell you all one thing: The people who work with/for Mike think as highly of him as we do. Not once have I heard anyone say anything negative about what he has done for Donzi. Mike has been a great asset not only to Donzi as a company but to the people of Donzi. The people who actually build the boats. They always say how no matter what their position Mike has always treated them with respect and courtesy. The same class act we know...

We will miss you Mike...but not coming to events with require a visit from Uncle Vinny....

Chris

Ed Donnelly
01-16-2003, 11:34 PM
Mike. Onward and upward. A new chapter unfolds.Best of luck to you and yours...Ed

MikeMiller
01-17-2003, 06:44 AM
From the bottom of my heart, I want to thank each and everyone of you of you for making the comments that I have read on this thread!

I've heard it said that the friends a man has in life tell a whole lot about that man. If someone were to look at this thread and not know me, they would think I was some incredibly great person, when in fact I simply have some very genuine and kind friends.

I am saddened by leaving this place after 8 years. I would like to thank Lee, Mike and Nick for allowing me this position to join all of you at your rendezvous. I have learned so much from you all - about life and boats!

Where else can you learn to take pictures at 85mph while not holding the wheel but from a man named GEO? Who else makes a fish dip and yet knows pretty much everything about a boat better than a man named MadPoodle (go Canes pride!)? Heard about someting new and are curious if it works on your boat? Just ask BigGrizzley - he had it 20 years ago!! And where else can you find people who did not buy a product but adopted a family member but among the throngs of Donzi customers! Thank you for adopting me!!

Yet, I am equally as excited about my own business in the design world.

Angie and I look forward to continuing our friendships with all of you and seeing you at the rallies.

I will dearly miss all of you. Let's continue our track record of being - not business partners, customers, or a manufacturer - but what we have become... friends!

Great prosperity and love to you from me and mine.

Donzi Blackhawk
01-17-2003, 11:38 AM
Holy cow Mike!

This is like counting cars at a funeral! :D
A man with true friends is a very rich man. I wish you all the best.

Hey, um like....can I have your M&M dispenser?

Bryant

J&K SHAHBAS
01-17-2003, 12:36 PM
Myself Kathy and Shelby wish your family the best. Stay intouch see you soon!!!

Bandit
01-17-2003, 03:14 PM
Mike,

It's good to hear that you're pursuing your dreams in the design world. Lots of people talk about making a move but aren't brave enough to go through with it.

It sounds like you've seen your vision and stepped up to the plate.

I'm sure you'll be just as successful as you were at Donzi and I hope to see you at AOTH.

RickSE
01-17-2003, 05:17 PM
Good luck Mike.

Will you still be a cast member in the Spoof Movies at the Dealer Conference? Very funny stuff the last few years. You guys should really think about releasing them to the public.

Speed-Racer
01-17-2003, 05:28 PM
Mike,

As everyone has said, you have made a great time even better with your presence. I enjoyed riding with you, and hope to still see you at many future events! Good luck with your future.

Co-Pilot, Brandon

Crazy Horse
01-17-2003, 07:35 PM
Mike,
Regarding one's career there are few things as wonderful as working for yourself. Good luck in your new vocation. All the best to you & Angie.

See you soon,
John & Trish

ClassicRazorback
01-17-2003, 08:12 PM
Wow,
All my time Sucking Up, Wasted!
Good Luck!!
Chris

fasttrucker
01-17-2003, 08:23 PM
Mike i thought you did a great job at the donzi marine poker run last year.Hope to see you again next year.Best of luck.If we dont break down again,could have used another shot at winning that marine radio. :rolleyes:

Tomahawk
01-18-2003, 04:13 AM
Dang - I was out of town for few days and look what happens. Mike, you are the definition of charisma. This was clear to me from the time we met at the Universal Studios press promo we did together. What Randy said, you and Angie are always welcome in our home and it would be great if you could continue to attend some Donzi events. Sorry about the air time at Sarasota but you always have a ride in Tomahawk!
Good luck to you with your new business. You will do well no doubt. Stay in touch Pal.

Barry Phillips
01-20-2003, 03:59 PM
Hi Mike, we are going to miss you, your efforts gave Donzi a face, a connection for all the clubs. I never knew you where an art guy, as am I. I hope Donzi retains you as a consultant, because they still need help. Donzi has some of finest brand recognition in the industry besides Sea-Ray and Cigarette, but until a few years ago you needed to be involed in boating to know what a Donzi was. Your efforts in the media has changed a lot of that. I have friends who see that Donzi logo in yet another film or commerical and comment to me that they saw a Donzi with Luci Lu at the wheel etc. I recently saw a new Clint Eastwood movie with a Daytona in the background.

Marketing VP at Donzi would be my dream job, but I realize, at the end of the day every job is a job with it's good days as well as not so good and you need to follow your own path. Best of luck in your new business, and once again you will be missed.

SO-SLO

Air 22
01-20-2003, 08:21 PM
Mike...Sad to see you go but knowing you we'll run into one another at many events etc. Looking foward to working w/ you in the future but more impotrantly as friends. wink Crissy and I enjoy every event w/ you and Angie. You guy's always have a seat in our 22 Classic..Carefull though if Doc's runnin near by it could get rough...hang on!!! :D
We met in Lake George a few years ago at the dust off and ever since a new "Family" of friends has formed!! Thanx
Best of Luck..you don't need it though..w/ your new shinning horizon's...
Dwight & Crissy
ps See ya in Miamuh!! :D
smileybo