PDA

View Full Version : Oh My God straps......Where to/ How to

Sagbay32
12-11-2001, 07:24 PM
Who has got the best deals on aluminum grab rails/ Handles? I want to mount them in my 18 for my passengers. This way they may want to go out more often ;)

How do you mount them when they look like they are attatched from the back when you can't get in behind them?

What bumpy ride? :D :D

RickSE
12-12-2001, 11:12 AM
I've also been thinking about this for the back seat passengers. I'm considering finding handles that match the one for the front passenger seat in my 96 and mounting them on the cockpit wall near the rear seat. I'm pretty sure I can get access to the back side of the cockpit wall through the engine compartment, with some minor disassembly.

Ranman
12-12-2001, 12:08 PM
Livorsi/Gaffrig seems to have very nice grab handles. They're pricey though.
http://www.livorsi.com/pcbacov.htm

Greg
12-12-2001, 05:44 PM
In my classic 18' I am going to mount one handle to the front part of the rear seat, just below where your knees bend. Eddie Marine has some that I am consdering. I call them "dear life" handles, cause that's what ya gotta hang on for.

Gearhead99
12-12-2001, 05:52 PM
My Cigarette use to have a grab handle across the front of the back seat below your knees, behind your calves.

Sagbay32
12-12-2001, 07:46 PM
I saw some on the backs of front seats in a Checkmate, but with my luck I would get pulled out seat and all. I want some polished aluminum ones but don't know about mounting them in my Classic (no access points).

I do have the Livorsi catalog but that is too much green fo' me :eek:

smokediver
12-13-2001, 06:36 AM
Maybe a stainless grab handle from a jeep cj might be the ticket they are cheap enough and you could mount a few of them in the back under the knees