PDA

View Full Version : Okay, Fess up, whos boat is this?

PaulO
12-11-2001, 04:43 PM
http://www.donzi.net/photos/poett05.jpg
http://www.donzi.net/photos/poett06.jpg
http://www.donzi.net/photos/poett07.jpg
http://www.donzi.net/photos/poett08.jpg

ToonaFish
12-11-2001, 05:52 PM
Awwwh, poor baby. She looks like a puppy in the pound, nose pressed against the bars. You just want to take her home and give her a good bath!

If you find her owner, perhaps we can chip in and mail him some Meguiar's in a care package?

CDMA
12-11-2001, 05:59 PM
Someone did take it home and I am sure it is going to be awsome but I think 10 gallons of resin is needed before meguires... ;)

EricG
12-11-2001, 07:02 PM
I thought it looked like someone's Avatar....upon futher searching, it belongs to Looped....

So Looped, how's the project coming?

EG
-Having a really slow week at work.....

Looped
12-11-2001, 09:38 PM
Thanks Paul for sharing those eye soaring shots. :eek:

One of the main reasons why I bought it was I looked at these photos (plus more) that Paul took for me for a year straight feeling sorry for it. So last January or February I drove down to Long Island to pick it up for $1500. Basically got it for the hull, deck & a couple chrome parts that can be re-chromed the rest will be replaced. The way I am, even if I bought a halfway decent Barrelback I would still end up doing a full blown stringer up restoration (not stock though) on it anyway. Right now a marine version CW Chevy 302 with approx. 375hp is being pieced together (Woodsy enough!). All parts are being bought first, then starts the major glass work.

Just trying to clear enough space out in the garage for it to fit now since I said I wanted a portable car garage for it for Christmas. So my Wife told me to bring it inside instead. :D

Craig

Crazy Horse
12-11-2001, 10:24 PM
Looped hurry up with the restoration...ice is out in mid April on Winni.

PaulO
12-12-2001, 08:34 AM
Craig,
Sorry for spilling the beans but, I came across the photos and I couldn't resist. Still think you got a great deal on it and I'm sure you will bring it back to better-than-new. If I recall, the owner thought he had a real gold mine there and wanted way too much for it. You managed to get him down where it was a no-brainer. Keep plugging away. It would be great to see it at Lake George next year!!!!
PaulO

Looped
12-12-2001, 08:59 AM
Crazyhorse,
If you give me some of your spare change than I could have it ready by spring but on my budget it wont be done this year unless I hit the Powerball game or something. Being a cash project, it’s a slow mover (the 302 may go to another project (302 pistons alone run from 500 - 800 bucks)and I may end up using something less expensive but stronger just to get this thing done quicker). I have a problem with sticking with something or an idea for too long.

Paul,
I still may head up to Lake George since it’s about the same distance to Lake Winni and I do the Winni run sometimes as a 1 day round trip. I will be boat less though.

PaulO
12-12-2001, 09:21 AM
Craig,
A lot of people are planning to go to Lake George in the spring. I am actually spending a week up there with the family. Since I am not a Donzi owner at present, I am going as Chris's Date (Oh, how I dread those pumps). I can't offer Chris's boat as a ride for you but, I bet there will be plenty of available seats. It would be great to see you.
PaulO

Looped
12-12-2001, 10:05 AM
Paul,
When I went down to Oceanside, NY to pick it up I wanted to meet up with you. Since I left my house at 3:30 in the morning to get there by 8:00am and I ran into some snow squalls from Geoo’s area on Rte 95 all the way to Long Island I did not get there on time. Lets just say that I was not about to stick around down there driving around with an oversized 27’ trailer driving on non-commercial highways (that I did not know about) and getting lost in Queens (don’t ask how I ended up in Queens) I just wanted to get off that Island.

Driving a 4-place sled trailer is no big deal in the snow but with an extra long boat trailer (the bow was a good 5 feet shy of resting on the front roller) and with snow and ice most of the 450 miles in a little over 13 hours running solo (a friend bailed the night before) I wanted to get home. Needless to say I sure got some strange looks on the way home though.

Craig