PDA

View Full Version : Any One Have a Doral 24?

Stix Magill
12-09-2001, 10:09 PM
Hello everyone, and thanks for your time. I would like to learn more about the Donzi model "Doral 24", for I might be in the market for one. If you have ever owned one or known some one who has, please let me know. Email me at stixmagill@hotmail.com or post here.

I hope you all have a wonderful holiday season!

Scott Smith :)

anotherScott
12-10-2001, 06:15 PM
Hi Scott, I have a 24' Doral. Send an E-mail to me at SHR1719@aol.com and I'll try to answer any questions you have.
I could have e-mailed you directly but I'm trying to build my posts number up, so that I can become an extreme member like I used to be!!! ;)
Everyone have a great holiday!!
Scott

harbormaster
12-10-2001, 08:24 PM
You guys discuss it here. I would interested in knowing more about Dorals

anotherScott
12-11-2001, 06:58 PM
Stix- go ahead and ask any question that you have, and your name doesn't have to be Scott to post a reply on this topic; ;)

Scott

Sagbay32
12-11-2001, 07:25 PM
Couldn't resist

Stix Magill
12-11-2001, 09:45 PM
Thanks for the help fellas. Here are my questions...
1. How many were produced?
2. What was the weight? I am currently building lifts that will hold 22 Classics.
3. What were they usually powered with, and what worked best (power/drive)?
3. What are my chances of finding one and what should I expect to pay for a nice clean one?
4. What is the beam measurement?
5. How is the ride?
6. Scott, I am sure you love your boat! What would you say are it's pros and cons?

OK. I think that will be enough for tonight.
Thanks for your input.

Scott Smith

:)

Dr. Dan
12-12-2001, 05:08 AM
Poodle, Your off the cuff knowledge of this type of stuff is scary! :D I think you should be Professor Poodle? ;) ...Doc
... Not Another Scott

anotherScott
12-13-2001, 07:47 AM
Poodle you are amazing!
The Doral is a solid boat. I bought it last spring and really don't have much time behind the wheel due to problems that I had with the boat that were mainly caused by me. It has twin 350 chevys with volvo 280 drives. When you push the trottles forward the nose comes up and keeps on going up!! As it starts to come down it does do a wild porpoise till it flattens out at higher rpm's, then it cuts through any size wave you want to go after. Very smooth ride. My wife and I have four boys and there is plenty of room for all of us so far. It has an added bonus of a v-shaped bed and a storage locker below the deck as well.
Now for the bad news. This is ONE heavy boat. I havn't had it weighed yet, but I have a 3/4 ton suburban with a 454 and it sruggles at 50 mph.
Just wish we could get rid of this thing called winter!

Scott