PDA

View Full Version : CHECK OUT MY STOCK MANIFOLDS!

Donzi22zx
10-15-2002, 08:06 PM
I decided to replace my stock Merc 454mag manifolds and risers, because of extream rusting, water in bilge and possible reversion. The manifolds were entirely covered with rust with large chuncks in the bildge and water running out of the metal. When I looked in the exhaust ports in the manifold thier was rust built up in clumps in 2 of the ports in each manifold. I am replacing them with a set of EMI thunder manifolds and S/S risers, hope for more speed and power. Any comments app.
Thanks Bill

Donzi22zx
10-15-2002, 08:14 PM
How do I post pic so everyone can see my manifolds

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
10-15-2002, 08:44 PM
If you can't figure it out from the above FAQ's or UPLOAD page, send them to me in an email, I will hook you up.
Bryan

Paul Storti
10-15-2002, 09:01 PM
not that you want to keep the stock manifolds but I had a similar problem with my 1999 22ZX with a 7.4 MPI and they (Doller Offshore Marine) replaced the manifolds and risers under the Mercruiser 3 year corrosion warranty because the riser gaskets they used from the factory were the problem.

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
10-16-2002, 05:37 AM
http://www.donzi.net/photos/billsheaders.jpg

There ya go Bill.
Now, where are the CMI's so we can drool....
Bryan

Donzi22zx
10-16-2002, 07:13 PM
Thanks Bryan, what do you think of these good looking manifolds. I think I waited to long to change them. Any suggestion on best headers for 454 mag EFI will be app.
Thanks Bill

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
10-16-2002, 07:18 PM
Your welcome.
I am no expert but am leaning to Stainless Marine with the SS risers by end of next season at the latest.
Good luck.
Bryan

Ed Donnelly
10-17-2002, 03:58 PM
I have the Stainless Marine Gen 111 beautiful fit and finish. I was replacing an exhaust from my twin turbo engine. The through transom exhausts were no longer factory original. I send Stainless the measurements and they were a PERFECT fit. I can't speak highly enough about their products and more importantly, their service Ed

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
10-23-2002, 08:06 PM
There ya go Bill, yes I think I am up for boating this weekend, I emailed you my number, you have mail!
Bryan

http://www.donzi.net/photos/tuvellmanifold.jpg

Donzi22zx
10-23-2002, 08:13 PM
Thanks bryan , I went with the Imco powerflow , because Bob Teague told me that they were the best for EFI engines, how fast will I go now?

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
10-23-2002, 08:16 PM
HHHMMMM you need cable! wink
I will try to call again in a few.

I am willing to make a new Donzi friend and take a boat ride, all knows I will post what she does.
74 in a 22 is rock'n.... :D

Bryan

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
10-23-2002, 08:48 PM
GREAT CALL Bill, since I can't get the wifes approval this weekend since she is on call,
the next Saturday, 1 November sounds GREAT!
Planning the trip now.
Once the new exhaust is on tomorrow email me the pics.
Thanks
Bryan

PS, fresh coffee is a requirement for me! I am slightly addicted, and then vodka after 2 pm. wink

BigGrizzly
10-24-2002, 09:03 PM
Sorry Bill, Bob Teague is incorrect. I have the Dyno number to prove it. He told you that because that is what he sells. Thoes and EMI give the same results. Stainles Marine and CMI elbow tops are better. That EFI has a dumb computer it doesn't know nor does it care what is on the exhaust side, it consideres it just a dump. As a matter of facr the
Harding Hrdders I have (much to my surprise) flow better than thoes Imco exhaust. I origonally though mine were just so...so. not true, they rank pretty high. Bryan stay with the Stanless Marine. They or CMI elbow tops are my next hedders.

Donzigo
10-24-2002, 09:21 PM
I agree with Big Grizley. It doesn't make any difference. Stainless Marine makes nice stuff.