PDA

View Full Version : Kill Switch Addition Help?

RH
10-15-2002, 10:37 AM
After thinking about "What if" I would like to install a safety kill switch on the Hornet with a lanyard for safety measures. All of my boats are fifteen years old and older, so I have never owned one with one from the factory. In rough water and running fast I feel that this should be a must. Any thoughts on how to do a clean install and where would I go for the parts?
RH

KRAVEN
10-15-2002, 04:45 PM
I put a Kill switch on my sons 11ft.mini offshore.All parts were purchased thru WEST MARINE total cost about $35.00.I beleive all parts are manufactured by PERCO

RH
10-15-2002, 04:51 PM
Thanks for the reply, it probably seems crazy to most, but I have never owned a "performance" boat like this and thought that it would be a nice safety feature to invest in. Beleive it or not, but I have a friend that got thrown out of his boat while turning at high speed, his nephew was close by on the Jet Ski and he made a movie style jump from the Jet SKi back into the boat to get it stopped. It could have been really ugly!
RH

Cuda
10-15-2002, 06:52 PM
I installed one on my 81 Formula last year. It could not have been easier. I didn't even have to drill a hole. The size of the switch hole was exactly the size of the cigarette lighter. Put the switch in, put it in the curcuit, and voilla! Total cost around 15 dollars and 20 minutes. Most of the time was reading the instructions on which wires to attach. Bought it at Boater's World.