PDA

View Full Version : New Donzi dealer in Michigan...

Tony
01-12-2003, 10:09 PM
Mullett Lake Marina is now a Donzi dealer. The contact is Matt Semeyn, and his e-mail address is: matt@mullettlakemarina.com

I've given him a heads up about our site, and he seems to be pretty excited about the new line. Maybe the northern Michigan guys, and even the Detroit area gang, can welcome him with an e-mail and keep him in mind for any Donzi related needs.

Dr. Dan
01-13-2003, 04:37 AM
:D That's very interesting...if I am not mistaken...this is the Lake that is connected to Burt Lake, in the Upper West side of the lower peninsula,near Harbor Springs and Petosky,Charlevoix.... wink My family has vacationed on Burt Lake many times, it would be ideal to do an informal gathering at the local State Park....sometime in the future! Crystal clear fresh water,camp ground on sandy beaches....very low key....we were there last summer and saw 2 Donzis while refueling...very cool, I wish them good luck... wink ...Doc

Tony
01-13-2003, 09:44 AM
Both Burt and Mullett are nice lakes, deep and clean. One of my first trips with my Donzi was to run Michigan's "Inland Waterway" between Petoskey and Cheboygan. A great trip with tons of scenery, but too much no-wake imho.

Chris Riley had a gathering one year, up that way, on Houghton Lake I think. A gathering on Burt or Mullett would be better, and one on Lake Charlevoix would be cool, too. Or drop in the Petoskey Bay, cruising into Bay Harbor to scope out those properties from the water...they are awesome!

Lots of possibilities in northern Michigan...anybody spearheading this idea?

Brad Lyon
01-13-2003, 11:35 AM
Tony:
Lots of possibilities in northern Michigan...anybody spearheading this idea?Let us know what you come up with Tony! :D :D :D

Brad

Tony
01-13-2003, 05:47 PM
Good one Brad, I'm laughing out loud! The nice thing about being in charge is that one can pick the date and location. Since I am in Hawaii for two weeks this summer (not too stoked about that :D )I will likely try to get up there sometime in mid-August.

Dr. Dan
01-13-2003, 06:39 PM
:cool: Tony & Brad....I'd be happy to help organize a gathering, but I am already totally booked for the 2003 Season....so if 2004 is a possibility....then we can talk! wink I just started a new gig at work and I travel more than before, so I just could not devote enough time to help plan one for this year! By next season, we will have our Atlantic Coast Donzi Owners group up and running strong....and I would be able to chip in to whatever extent... any of those areas are fabulous locations :D ...Doc

blackhawk
01-13-2003, 08:23 PM
Torch Lake and Higgins lake are beautiful lakes too. Plus, they both have nice sandbars to hang out and party on!

Brad Lyon
01-13-2003, 09:20 PM
Tony,

I hope you can find something fun to do in Hawaii. Doc, we will hold you to that, summer of 2004 it is. I still want to set up a date to have as many Michigan/northern Ohio Donzi owners to my place in West Branch/Gladwin sometime this summer. I don’t have the accommodations that some of our Donzi friends have but I think it would be a nice day.

Brad

BTW, I will assist in any way I can to set up any outing this summer.

Dr. Dan
01-13-2003, 10:12 PM
:p Brad...sounds like a plan...won't be in Michigan this summer with the Donzi...so next year would be prime for us...use this year to feel out some cool venues....check out docking,launching,lodging and Banquet or Picnic Gathering Facilties too.....ask when their busy times are, seasonality and anything else you can think of!.....I'll go from there....whereever is cool with me...I love Michigan in the Summer Time....especially on the West Side! wink ...Doc