PDA

View Full Version : List 8 HTML Test Access

Formula Jr
12-08-2001, 06:56 AM
Please do not post Pics here. Thanks.

Donzi List 8.1 (http://www.epud.net/~owen/listhtml/donzilist4.html)

I'll try to get the alignments right but aside from that,
how does it look Harbormaster?
All the links are to your server so only the main URL needs changing
to put it all on your site. But I need a donzi net directory path to hang stuff off of it.

RedDog
12-08-2001, 02:11 PM
FJ - outstanding effort - Thanks!

Formula Jr
12-08-2001, 02:37 PM
Does it look oky, and which browser are ya using. I need to know if the code is compatable across platforms.

There should be the spinning Donzi, then the Registry Gif. Black background with white text. Blue for linked text and purple for visited linked text. Lower Menu should navigate to the appropriate pages. Once I know this looks good, I can start adding and editing.

Sam
12-08-2001, 02:51 PM
Owen, looks and works great with Explorer.

Sam

Tony
12-08-2001, 07:18 PM
Owen, you are truly a master of many trades...v-hull history, technology, traveling...how many others? The link looks great on my browser, too, IE Version 5.5.

Although this is a small thing, and others may correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the early 16' was officially called the "Ski Sporter". Keep up the good work!

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
12-08-2001, 07:33 PM
AWESOME, job well done, and I have seen some of the boats you used!
Thanks, it is bookmarked for future reference.
Bryan

Shanghied Again
12-08-2001, 07:49 PM
Owen. Great Job I will book mark it and bring your site on over to the N/E site.
After Christmas I will be posting a site that is totally Awesome! I can't now only because it is a present to my friends Dad, He designed the site for him!

boldts
12-08-2001, 07:58 PM
FormulaJr,

Looked at the list using Netscape 4.6 since I've just recently discovered how badly Netscape messed up the Midwest Donzi Club's website. Besides from the years being uneven, everything else looks and works great including the spinning Donzi logo. I did notice a couple of the links not finding the page. Sorry, I didn't write down which ones, but there were only 2 that did not go to a page. Great job!! Much appreciated!! :)

Formula Jr
12-08-2001, 08:30 PM
Thanks Guys. But hang off from the Bookmarks or incorporating this in to local club sites. This takes you directly to my server. Its going to end up on Scot's server - with donzi net URLs and different page version numbers. ;)

Thanks Scott, I found the bad links GT21 and 23 ZF.

Looped
12-08-2001, 09:07 PM
Most Excellent Jr! What else can I say?

Craig

harbormaster
12-09-2001, 12:24 AM
Owen. awesome job.
I will get off my butt and make you an accout so that you can upload your handiwork!

marcdups
12-09-2001, 03:48 PM
Excellent project Owen, my personal fav is the F14, am using netscape 6.2 and everything looks great, thanks
Marc

Rob
12-09-2001, 04:34 PM
Owen, this looks great! Thanks for taking the time to put all this together. It's nice to have this all in one place. In the future this type of documentation will be invaluable.

I do agree with the earlier poster on the name for the 16. Also there is a mis-spelling of El Pescador about the middle of the page.

I'm sure there is someone on this site that knows the answer to this question, so I will ask: What is the difference between a 24' Doral and a 24' Spirit?

lou
12-09-2001, 08:48 PM
Excellent work, I really enjoyed it.
Thank you!

Last Tango
12-09-2001, 09:36 PM
Why was the Z3250 (Particularly my 2000 Z3250 Daytona) dropped from your list? Z3250 is still made today, and listed in the new catalog.
Mark :cool:

Formula Jr
12-10-2001, 04:56 AM
Nothing is dropped Mark. This is a different format and it will become clear later how it will work. The 7.9 list was just an unorganized shot gun approach to finding ALL versions and having them on one page and uploading the pic to Scot's Photos Directory. The new format will only use the basic model as the link into a page that will have all the known variations of that model, Known history of development, specifications if I can find them, and ad literature that isn't already in the archive section. This is the beauty of using Hypertext Markup Language. Still looking for a good, clear way to group boats in their proper SERIES. For instance the Z21, FireFox 25, 29 and Crossbow 33 are the start of what later become the Classic Z boats. Then we have the OMC Blackwidow Z boats and then in 92, we have another Series of Different Z boats; Z24, Z28, Z30, Z33 and ZF33. Your Z3250 boat comes from a whole nother line of Medallion, LXC and now the Current Z Boats. It dosn't make sense to restate them over and over again thru the name changes. In other words, the later boats present a grouping problem. So I'm still playing with ways to list them that makes sense. I like the current format of just following the model after it was introduced to the current version, as this embeds relavant information regarding the company it was introduced under and I can just add information according to slight design changes.
You happen to own the flag ship, hot rod version of that boat and will definitely be in the archive. Till I can get the other pages up and linked, just refer to the old list if you're looking for a particular boat. Right now, I'm letting my hands rest up - I can barely type.

Other corrections duely noted. This was just a test for browser compatibility, template development, HTML optimizers, and "look and feel" issues.

Last Tango
12-10-2001, 06:54 AM
Kewl. (cool)
I love the new of the format and read every one in great detail. You are doing an awesome job, and something we ALL appreciate (probably even Donzi)!
Mark :cool:

ALLAN BROWN
12-10-2001, 07:58 AM
FJ,

Genth's and OMC's desgner was Chris Collier. Tim's brother was John, not Jim. Nice job!

AB

Digger
12-10-2001, 10:47 AM
nice work FJ !!

EricG
12-10-2001, 11:49 AM
Looks great Owen!!

FYI - RE the classic Z series, I don't know how this fits in with what Brownie said (although he'd sure be the one to know!) but here are two excerpts from Muscleboats by Henry Rasmussen regarding this series:

"When Genth took over in 1985, he hired Don Westerman to engineer a new line - the Z series......"

"Donzi's trend-setting emphasis on styling originates with Dick Genth, but the hands-on creativity is the responsiblility of Dave Riley,......"

And regarding the <500 production, that is listed as annual production for the Z's and Classics combined, but not including the Regazza's that came out in 1988...

Just some more info to throw into the blender...

EG

Formula Jr
12-10-2001, 12:06 PM
i think someone just volunteered for the classic z boat page. :D
Just content, I'll deal with the HTML.

mattyboy
12-10-2001, 12:25 PM
nice work Owen!

kudos

Matt

Formula Jr
12-10-2001, 12:37 PM
Still trying to pin this down, but it is my understanding that the Genth R-25 (and only this boat) was a different animal than the later OMC Regazza Series 25s.

JP BRESCIA
12-10-2001, 01:27 PM
Good show.

EricG
12-10-2001, 01:45 PM
Owen - Z info coming....

Now, as far as the Regazza's.... I read an article in Boating from '87 when Donzi announced the Regazza's. I'm pretty sure the whole series was introduced for the 1988 model year by Genth (with Merc Power), I'll see if I can find the article again and let you know what I find. Hopefully the Seattle library found the boating mags again (they lost them when the moved, very frustrating!!).

Oh yeah, I guess I better do some work today too..... :D

EG

Formula Jr
12-10-2001, 02:27 PM
Try looking up something boat related in a Eugene Library. LOL......... University of Washington has EVERYTHING. At least they did 20 years ago.......

EricG
12-10-2001, 03:01 PM
I never even thought of the UofW...after spending 4 years there, I've sort of tried to forget about that place (except for the home football games, of course!). Why couldn't I have been looking for this info then...

I've got the Z info pretty much ready for you, as soon as I fill in the original list prices I'll send it over.

EG
UW - Class of '96 :D

EricG
12-10-2001, 06:28 PM
I found the article on the Regazza's:
Boating September 1987 - "Everyman's Donzi"

They were released for the 1988 model year by Genth - but with OMC power standard, so they were pretty much a transitional boat.

My favorite Quotes from the article:
"What is a Regazza? Well, it's not especially long and pointy. It does not snort and bark around the marina, engine hatches straining to contain 800 mercruiser horsepower. It has little raw sex appeal, and nothing to do with Don Aronow. Regazza is the latest product of the New Donzi. Dick Genth's Donzi of mass merchandizing and clothing and sunscreen....."

".....But is the Regazza a real Donzi? Was the 914 a real Porsche?"

Other than these excerpts, the article was actually very positive about the boats, especially the high quality workmanship and excellent components. If any Regazza owners out there would like a copy, I photocopied the article and could send it to you if you like.

EG

Formula Jr
12-11-2001, 05:19 PM
This Genth era is getting more and more interesting everyday.
Here You got a guy that comes in buys Donzi, builds another plant, and with in two years has designed and tooled the molds for The Minx, Z21, 25, 29, 33, Z21BR, zf23, 65' Sportfish, Regazza 17, 19, 21, 23 and 25. The amount of capital involved in this is just staggering. And to top it all off, was even talking to Aronow to bring him back into the company. The what ifs become all the more interesting.