PDA

View Full Version : Manifold gaskets replacement?? Poodle et al

Tidbart
10-14-2002, 06:20 PM
In Sarasota, I spoke briefly with Poodle, and others, about the gaskets between the manifolds and risers leaking. Poodle said something about "boiling the manifolds and/or risers". I can't remember all the details as I was in a hurry to get back to the boat as it was full, to the max, with Donzi Girls. Sorry, if I hogged them all. http://www.donzi.net/photos/acf1317.jpg
:D :D

Anyways, that is another issue. I am planning to remove the risers to replace the gaskets underneath them and want to know more about the "boiling" thing.

Should I remove both the manifolds and risers?
Should I send all 4 of the parts to be boiled?

Is the "boiling" in oil, similar to seasoning a cast iron skillet?? Where you coat the pan with oil and put it in the oven for an hour or so at 425 degrees to create a non-stick surface?? This is the only thing I can think of that would be similar.

Where can I have this done?

Thanks for the help!

Bob

Rootsy
10-14-2002, 06:26 PM
i think what he was referring to was the hot tanking process used to clean engine components... it'll pretty much take it all right to metal... inside and out... gaskets and all... so i'd split em. you can get it done at generally a shop that rebuilds or machines engines and components... or they can send em out to be done... last time i put a motor back together it cost me about 25 bucks to have the block and heads done...

CDMA
10-14-2002, 09:24 PM
I am sorry I can't read the words...too distracted...

BigGrizzly
10-15-2002, 12:47 AM
Yea, what he said, I like the one on the right and she has a great personality too, what ever the hell that means. They say she always goes home with the same guy (darn).