PDA

View Full Version : Donzi Colors

NYStockboy
09-20-2002, 11:32 PM
Historically, is there a color that is the classic Donzi color? Like red is for Ferrari, is there a color that is specific for Donzi, more than any other color? I will purchase a Classic 18 by Spring '03, and I appreciate your answers.
Thank You,
Ken Ward

boldts
09-21-2002, 12:07 AM
In the Classics, you'll see red and white a whole heck of a lot more than any other color combo. Of course up in the NH area, Yellow has a pretty good stronghold. Please, all you red Classic owners, don't hate me because I like to be different. If your shop-in for a Classic, I think I would buy what pleases your eyes and not worry about what is most popular or most used. Just my .02.

knee deep
09-21-2002, 07:40 AM
Obviously red and white is the most popular. My boat is a '68. It is the original orangish red color with a white deck and stripe to match. I too, was going to go red and white. When I thought about it, and after some comments from people I've decided that when I repaint or re-gelcoat (what to do?) that I'm going to leave the color the same and attempt to keep it as original as possible. Why be like everyone else? My boat is a mess and I can't believe how many people come up and go "Wow, I haven't seen a boat like this in years!" My thoughts its your boat....

mattyboy
09-21-2002, 08:22 AM
Scott B. how can you say that YOU GOT ME SEEING RED!!!!! :D wink

http://www.donzi.net/photos/sep17_16.jpg
yes red is popular, hot baby blue, yellow, royal blue, black, I hear some in Jersey even like orange!!! my boat was actaully green and white before being painted some like all one color hull and some like a color over white on the hull,
Scott B. is right, its what you like, stripe no stripe, It's a Donzi!!!!
good luck on your search

Matt

BigGrizzly
09-21-2002, 08:46 AM
Hold it boys, don't mistake Donzi colors for the most popular ones in the publics eye. What colors were Don's race boats, several I recal mostly white and blue either color sceam. What is the color of the origional logo- Blue. The most popular Classic 22 was teal till Mr. Collins killed it. In the 1960's red, white, blue and Baby blue- than later green were all that was offered. My opinion is Blue and gold- look at the logo. Besides Blue stands for the deep blue sea.

RH
09-21-2002, 08:51 AM
Maybe it all goes back to that first Donzi that I saw as a child. All yellow 68' 18 with the black stripe. To me it is what a Donzi should be! Then again what color do I own? Blue of course! Look at your options, and go with what makes you happy!
RH smileybo

mattyboy
09-21-2002, 09:07 AM
Griz has a point there blue/white is probably where it all started, and the teal color was very popular a couple of years back. A mfg. must be in on all fades or fashion trends.
I don't think you can associate one color to the Donzi aura, just the styling and performance.
but
testarosa- red
blackhawk- black white and gold
criterion white and blue

Matt