PDA

View Full Version : A Warm Thank-you!

boldts
01-12-2003, 07:04 AM
I just read the thread about Team Donzi joining up with the Juvenile Diabetic Research Foundation. I would have placed this post there, but when I used the reply button, I did not have authority to post there. No big deal except I for one would like to Thank Team Donzi for picking up this association.

I have been a diabetic since the age of 8. Some 34 years now. I've been very lucky over the years has many children do not get the luxury of living as long as I have been blessed to live so far. Through the JDRF, I now have what is called an insulin pump which requires me to now only have to put a needle in me once every 3 days. I used to take insulin no less than twice a day. Now, I monitor my blood sugar and make simple adjustments on the pump dose and life is great!

I'm still hoping for a cure some day, not so much for myself, but for the many other children affected by Diabetes every day in the world. I'm a softie! I wish modern man had a cure for every disease in the world, but for me, this is one of the best steps I've seen in the racing world thus far.

Thank-you every one at AMH and Team Donzi! Also a sincere GOOD LUCK in your Super Vee Light quest for the Championship in 2003. :)

Shanghied Again
01-12-2003, 08:09 AM
Thats really great to hear (Great Job Donzi) and like Scott said thank you.