PDA

View Full Version : gotta share this

Digger
12-06-2001, 09:36 AM
well this has nothing to do with Donzi performance but ...check this out. On the lift to Camp David last week the Pres went up the airstairs with one of his dogs in his arms, unable to return the Marine One crewchiefs salute...so he comes back down the stairs after putting the dog down, pokes the Marine on his shoulder, and salutes!! what a move! startled the heck out of the crewchief!
Thats my Commander in Chief!
http://www.donzi.net/photos/mhowardbush.jpg

Sam
12-06-2001, 11:07 AM
Nice gesture but what a weak salute.

Sam

roadtrip se
12-06-2001, 02:34 PM
Hey Sam,

Have you thought about the fact that this photo could have been shot after the salute or just from a bad camera angle?

Thanks for the great story, irregardless of your politics, our president continues to show his character and leadership during very tough times for our country.

Off soapbox and moving along, Todd

Sam
12-06-2001, 03:16 PM
Relax Todd, I like the guy I voted for him and his father. Going forward I think we should leave this site for Donzi info.

Sam

HP 600SC
12-06-2001, 08:06 PM
I saw the video on the news and it was a
full salute.....the photo was taken as the
hand was coming down..... http://www.goldenplasma.f2s.com/forum/smilies/happy44.gif

Digger
12-07-2001, 06:13 PM
Sam, you're right. I won't post that stuff here anymore-

RedDog
12-07-2001, 06:23 PM
Digger - in my mind that kind of post is perfectly fine. To me, it helps put a face on you that I may never actually get to see. Such helps us to get to know each other better.

PS - I picture a likable face on you

Sam
12-07-2001, 07:22 PM
So Digger, I guess this means no chopper rides at AOTH II.

Sam

Tony
12-07-2001, 10:13 PM
Maybe with all the Donzis that will be at AOTH II, LBJ could be talked into showing up for a "reminiscent ride"!

Digger
12-08-2001, 07:34 AM
I'd love to be able to give rides....if I did it would be the last time I ever flew it...when I hit the lotto I'll just buy my own (after a 45ZX that is) :D

raritan
12-08-2001, 10:34 PM
Just my 2cents worth. It would seem that the owner of the site should decide whats appropriate to post here.
Just a thought.

harbormaster
12-09-2001, 12:17 AM
Digger,
Since you are working for us in themilitary, you can post anything you desire on this site. I am not a party member, or fan of politics or politians, but considering our characterless, classless, liar of a president that just left office, I think that this story is damn nice since it shows the current president adding class back to the presidency by giving respect due to people who put their life on the line for him.

My 2 cents. If what I said offends anyone, I apologize. I just call it like I see it.
Now back to boats ya'll

Gearhead99
12-09-2001, 06:38 AM
Scot,

Couldn't agree with you more.

Dave

Shanghied Again
12-09-2001, 10:58 AM
Digger, If it wasn't for our Great Armed Forces and a President that really cares, We wouldn't have the Freedom to be on this computer right now! We would be running from Terrorist!! I love seeing the positive side to what we really stand for, So you have a two thumbs up from me! GodBless our Great USA! :D

Crazy Horse
12-09-2001, 11:30 AM
Scot & Digger...I salute you both.

riverrat
12-09-2001, 04:51 PM
Gee, Looks like another group hug coming :p :p

smokediver
12-09-2001, 05:53 PM
being a former nco of marines,I know a geature such as that goes miles towards the morale and the espirit de corps of not only marines, but the other sevices as well. thank you for sharing that and god bless you.