PDA

View Full Version : boat ramps on Potomac River?

tim b
01-11-2003, 03:31 PM
Could anyone tell me where there is a decent
launch ramp in Northern VA? I'm meeting my
16' s new owner in that area to launch off my trailer and onto his. I have found many online,
was thinking maybe some local knowledge could help. Thanks! TIM :cool:

Digger
01-11-2003, 08:34 PM
Tim, the best ramp on the Potomac is Leesylvania State Park, it's on Neabsco road Off of Rte 1, just South of Occoquan area and North of Quantico. But there are lots of other ramps, where are you in relation to the river? narrow it down for me a bit I'll try to help-

tim b
01-11-2003, 08:55 PM
Digger, thanks your reply. Basicly the Northern
Virginia area is a half way point for both of us.
He's coming up from SC, I'll be coming from MA.
Doesn't have to be anything fancy, just someplace decent we can wet the hull and drive it on his trailer. Doesn't really have to be
on Potomac, just looked convienent from rt 95.
Thanks again for your help, I know this isn't
exactly "performance talk" but it is Donzi related.

Dr. Dan
01-12-2003, 08:17 AM
:cool: Tim...If it doesn't have to be on the Potomac and he's willing to drive another hour or so....the easiest quick access to I-95 is in the town of Northeast ,Md! We put in at Anchor Marine, it's just East passed town on route 272 towards Elk Neck State Park (and Jackson Marine)....it's EXIT 100 off of Interstate 95...this puts you at the Top of the Chesapeake Bay!....If you want specifics ....I can go into more detail ...just email me! Also for reference...this is a handy site to keep in your favorites...http://www.thebayguide.com/launch.html Good Luck............. wink Doc