PDA

View Full Version : Hot Foot

Danny
01-11-2003, 12:22 PM
I read through the other postings on foot pedals and have looked at the Hot Foot , the Land & Seas Pedal and the In-Control Pedal. With the Land & Sea and the In-Control you can set then up to run in conjunction with your hard throttle.
I want to use a Hot Foot but I like the idea of maintaining the hard throttle. Does anyone have a HotFoot set this way? Is there a kit available to do this or do I have to fabricate some type of splitter that I can mount in front of the carb . Anybody done this before?
Danny

HyperDonzi
01-11-2003, 01:05 PM
I would think that if you set up a splitter to the carb, the hot foot or the hand throttle (whichever is set to the fastest position) is going to be in control.

Danny
01-11-2003, 02:00 PM
The hand or hard throttle almost acts like cruise control and remain in the postion set til you change it. The foot pedal maintain it's spring load or return capabilities.If your hard throttle is set at idle then the foot throttle has a full range of motion. If you set your hard throttle at 3000 rpm then you can use the foot pedal above 3000 but when you let the foot pedal go it only returns to 3000. Both Land and Sea and In-Control pedals have this capabilities. The Land and Sea http://www.land-and-sea.com/marine/foot-throttle/foot-throttle.htm has a cable that runs from the pedal to your hand controls and both the pedal and the hand throttle utilizing the regular cable to the throttle arm on the carb. In-Control http://www.cpperformance.com/products/Controls/202.asp offers a kit to convert their but it doesn't show how it works.
Danny

MOP
01-11-2003, 04:06 PM
If you can get your hands on the brass block off a Volvo carb and dual cable mount off the manifold the split is very easy to set up. The cable slide in the block giving you foot and cruise control.

Danny
08-06-2003, 03:04 PM
This is really directed at MOP. The local Volvo guy got out the old microfiche and found pictures of a carb that had the double brass pivot block and showed how it was supported on the throttle arm. I had to make those because we couldn't order them or find any in the bone yard. I had to reroute the cables so they would work in a pull scenario rather than a push and I had to change the Morris control to pull rather than push as well. Getting the Morris control out was fun, had to slide the front floor forward so you could even reach the back of the control but that allowed us to bolt the HotFoot to the floor rather than screwing it.
Not only does the whole thing work well but I think it actually allows for a smoother shift before you accelerate. It certainly is nice to be able to have two hands on the wheel and be able to accelerate or decelerate (I guess that's why the big boys have throttle men).
Next step trim control buttons on the steering wheel.
Thanks for your help.
Danny

Ed Donnelly
08-06-2003, 03:50 PM
Or you could use a foot control for trim and keep the steering wheel neat and tidy.. Right foot gas, left foot trim...Ed

MOP
08-07-2003, 04:48 PM
You are welcome Dan, some of that old stuff still works fine. wink