PDA

View Full Version : Who is going to the Miami Boat Show

DONZIMAN2
12-04-2001, 09:05 PM
A bunch of us are planning on attending from the HRPA/Virginia Beach area. Would be nice to hook up with some of the Donzinet folks while we are at the show. Talk to you soon.

ALLAN BROWN
12-05-2001, 07:03 AM
I'll be working the show at Stainless Marine. Come on by! My booth is 50 feet from Tomahawk (Honda) and Griz.

Brownie

Forrest
12-05-2001, 09:52 AM
I missed last year so I have to go this year. You WILL run into some good folks from this board.

Shanghied Again
12-05-2001, 05:43 PM
I am thinking about it? I may come down with big Dave from the NJPPC.

BigGrizzly
12-05-2001, 06:38 PM
I have plans of going. I have the need to see boats and people who like boats. There is always a good story at the Stainless booth as well as great products. Of course the Honda Booth with the 225 HP Vtech Four stroke outboard that is the neatest thing I've seen in years.

Randy

Jerry Eisele
12-05-2001, 07:05 PM
What are the show dates?

Gearhead99
12-05-2001, 08:32 PM
Are we going to play Bachi [spelling] ball this year????

Tomahawk
12-05-2001, 10:39 PM
I'll be there for sure. Maybe we can talk Crazy Jake (from Illinois) into bringing his new Donzi 29 ZF, powered by twin Honda 225's, over from Naples if he is going to be in the area. I rode this boat at our dealer meeting and it is the "Real Deal!"
Looking forward to seeing y'all again. Gene, you will be there, won't you? How do you spell bochi again? What is the dress code at Jimbo's and do we need reservations? ;)

SundanceKid
12-05-2001, 10:56 PM
If anyone cares to know, I'll be hanging around the Donzi booth and evrywhere else. I think we're bringing a 35 ZF for demo rides that should be at the marriot or whatever it is there where all the boats in the water are. So if anyone wants a ride, come on by.

PaulO
12-06-2001, 03:56 PM
Good chance I will be there this year. Grizz, isn't Yamaha making a 250 4-stroke this year?
PaulO

RickSE
12-06-2001, 04:16 PM
I was just told that the F2 boat will be at the show. Possibly two boats one in the water one in the show.

Gearhead99
12-06-2001, 07:03 PM
I'll defently be there. I'll be practicing my ball etiquette.

No boat, very thirsty lots of good stories.

Scott, I'll need a ride again, PLEASE..

roadtrip se
12-06-2001, 10:26 PM
My folks are spending February in Naples this year. We could tie a visit to see them in February to a trip over to the show...
Todd

Tomahawk
12-06-2001, 10:31 PM
PaulO - it is, what they call, a 225.

GeneD
12-23-2001, 07:04 PM
Hey Donzi guys and gals, it's little 'ole me. Just got on the net for the first time in how long? Someone must know when the last post by me was...
Anyway, here I am in freezing cold New York visiting my mom and brother. After listening to them for two days now...I'm ready to leave! Thank goodness for my sister, at least I'll have fun over her house Mon and Tues.
Anyway, I'll be the the show for sure, we'll almost for sure. I have a new job now and I am on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. And I get about 2-4 hours sleep per night. Things are keeping me busy.
Hopefully, I can make some posts this week. Got lots to tell you all.

DONZIMAN2
12-25-2001, 10:32 AM
Won't be long now folks. I hope all of you had a safe and Merry Christmas! Bob

roadtrip se
01-15-2002, 06:19 PM
Jill and I are locked into a trip to the show on Saturday the 16th. Unfortunately, we only have one day, because we are wedging this in between visits with the inlaws and my parents. Anybody up for identifying a central meeting spot for the Doni.net crew somewhere near the show? Would love to get together to swap some old stories and lies, Todd

DONZIMAN2
01-15-2002, 07:24 PM
Sounds good to me Roadtrip. There are currently 4 of us going from Wednesday through Saturday from the HRPA here in Virginia Beach. The guy I am sharing a rental car with is the most familiar with the show and the area. Let me know what you have in mind. I know I will see a lot of the folks around the Donzi area. I can't wait. Hope to meet/see everyone there. Bob

Hardonzi
01-15-2002, 07:27 PM
I`ll be there also Sat. 16...Talked to a painter from the Donzi Factory at Johns Pass Marina who was touching up some dock rash on a 38 Daytona and he said the F2 is gonna knock your socks off.They will have 2 at the show.1 in the water and 1 at the conv.center.He said:It will be the talk or the show!!As for the 38 Daytona,its monsterous.I had a friend with me and he said the hull on these boats are so sleek and massive its a wonder how they get to 80mph. they dwarf the Cigs. and Fountains hulls.When u stand near one of these they are "WORKS OF ART"Yeah Im going to the toy store in Miami.. biggrin.gif cool.gif biggrin.gif

SundanceKid
01-15-2002, 07:55 PM
Make sure ya'll come by the Sundance booth (er...I mean Donzi booth biggrin.gif ) and see us and we can hook you up with a ride in the F2.

Lineleader
01-15-2002, 08:10 PM
If your kicking around going..........don't hesitate...GO. If you've never been, it's quite the event to experience. There is something for everyone. Tell the girls there is plenty of shopping and other things for them to do. I keep on planning to make it the other sites of the show..like the "in the water portion", but can never make it past the convention center. It will take you at least a day to cover just it.

Not sure I can make this year, still in the wheelchair. I don't think my wife is going to sign up for a full day of pushing me around the convention floor.

You guys have fun!!

LL

roadtrip se
01-15-2002, 09:03 PM
Lineleader - You must be trying to help my husband save money by saying the Donzi women need to go shopping. That would me much cheaper than the his and her's Donzi Classics I've been working to convince Todd we need to buy. I hear the Scorpion package really rips! Your better half may be checking out shoes, but I plan on checking out X dimensions and power packages around the boat show.

The Tow Marm of the Roadtrip Family - Jill

ToonaFish
01-15-2002, 09:36 PM
Lineleader, here's the plan... send me an airline ticket and I'd be more than happy to push you around for a couple days in Miami looking at all the pretty boats! And while there, Jill and I could do some power shopping... horse power that is.

Bunches,
Celene 'does this seafoam match my eyes?'

Shanghied Again
01-15-2002, 09:55 PM
Bob, Its confirmed today I will be heading down Feb-13th till Saturday morning, I will be flying down with Dave Patnaude from the NJPPC,
See everyone down there!

Lineleader
01-15-2002, 10:19 PM
Jill, Celene,

I knew I was going to catch it on the "girls and shopping" comment, but with two daughters and a wife, it seems to be the national pastime in my household. But, don't get me wrong, Lesa loves the boat show and knows more about boats than than many salesmen, err, salespeople. Bottom line, it's fun for everyone.

Celene, if you see me wheeling around, I'll buy you a refreshment near the steel drum band for a quick push around the outdoor exihibits.

LL

DONZIMAN2
01-15-2002, 10:27 PM
Sounds good Frank. Look forward to seeing you. Cannot wait to see the F2. Bob

DONZIMAN2
01-16-2002, 12:13 PM
It is getting closer folks. Still not to late to get reservations. Hope to see all of you there. Bob

Hardonzi
01-16-2002, 07:11 PM
Sundance,Don`t play with me..Been on the big Fountains and a 35ZF triples,but never F2..I`m trying to talk the wife into a bigger ZX,but u know the drill..Are u the same Sundance,Martin Marine uses for their Donzi adds. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif cool.gif

roadtrip se
01-16-2002, 08:31 PM
How's this for a meeting idea on Saturday?
Since Sundance is going to have us all out riding on that brand new beautiful F2, why don't we meet at the Marriott hotel bar at 6:00. The in water show is behind this hotel I believe. At least it was the last time I got the chance to go to the show. This way we can all figure out how we are going to put together the green for that big new F2 machine.
Somebody else got a better idea, I'm open. Just want to be sure to hook up on our little whirlwind tour. Todd

Paul Storti
01-17-2002, 11:01 AM
I guess i'm lucky I live ten minutes away so i'll be there friday thru monday. See you all there.