PDA

View Full Version : '64 deck "I can't get it off?"

Don Carone
04-13-2003, 10:32 AM
Im sure there has been postings about this but I searched and cant find them my ??? how does it come off? I have all the rub rail off and front and back are loose someone has glassed in the floor to stringers in the storage bin and more up by your knees. other then gas fill lift rings controls ect whats holding it bow and stern seem loose

I want to have it done by AOTH III

just kidding!!

Thanks

Hotboat
04-13-2003, 12:44 PM
Some of the decks (floors) are glued or glassed to the stringers. You have to cut it loose or the deck will never come off. Let a 2nd person start lifting the deck and you can see where the problem is. Good luck! Takes time and patience.

BERTRAM BOY
04-13-2003, 03:36 PM
Don,
It's "tabbed in". You're going to have to take the center insert out(the one on the floor next to the driver) stick your head down there, only to discover, it's tabbed in, in all 4 places. Next, You're going to have to crawl up into the ski-rack with a die grinder, and cut the piece of glass that holds the ski-rack from flopping around. It's ALL the way up front. That one is on the starboard side. You're not done yet. There are two more, one either side, about where your feet would go, to keep the hull and deck somewhat rigid.
Let us know if you find a hull number.
BERTRAM BOY :D :D :D

CDMA
04-13-2003, 08:09 PM
"I can't get it off?"

Ask Pearson...I hear he has done this a lot...

Chris

Scott Pearson
04-13-2003, 10:16 PM
I dont get it???

Is there a Joke somewhere???

(NJ)Scott

Tomahawk
04-15-2003, 05:40 PM
He did say "deck" didn't he?

knee deep
04-17-2003, 06:28 AM
I got mine off, but it took three days and at least that many attempts.

I'm gelcoating today or tomorrow, when i get the hull right side up I can e-mail the pics but the tabs were all the way forward on either side of the floor and at the sides of the foot wells. We were able to lift the deck just enough to shove a grinder in and cut the tabs.

I feel real sorry for the guy I'm sending up there with the new tabs!!!

mattyboy
04-17-2003, 10:00 AM
did you try and talk dirty to it!!! wink :D
I shouldn't be making fun cause I know Murphy's law all to well, and mine is probably tabbed in too we'll find out next weekend

Matt