PDA

View Full Version : Another Great Day

harbormaster
04-12-2003, 06:39 PM
Me and Kim, Dropped the 18 in around 1:30 at Clear Lake Park. headed out of Cear lake to Galveston Bay.

We zipped out to Redfish Island. From there we zipped dowm the bay to Galveston Island. We buzzed the Ferry boats on our way into the Galveston Island Wharf area. We checked out the cruise ship and other Strand sights. We then turned around and headed back through the bay to Redfish Island and then Clear Lake. I don;t know how far that is but I think it was quite a ways.

One footnote. While waiting at the boat ramp for our time to pull the boat out, I started yelling at the Jet Skiers for running at speed within the breakwater of the boatramp area. They were hanging out on one of 3 of the piers rendering it unusable for anyone else. The were taking turns on the jet skis.

A Harris County cop heard me screaming at them to slow down. He went over and started talking to them and before he left he had wrote about 3 citations. :D :D :D

JimG
04-12-2003, 09:05 PM
We must have just missed you guys! My baby had to work until two, so we hit the ramp about 3:30. Buzzed over to South Shore Harbor and hung out on a friend's 52 Hatteras for a while (COOOOL BOAT, 1985 vintage, twin 1100 Cats), then hit the boardwalk to play tourist. Finished up with an awesome seafood dinner at Outriggers.

Sounds like you had two incredible days on the water! I'm SO glad spring is here!!

JimG :D

Ed Donnelly
04-13-2003, 12:14 AM
Shoveled the last bit of snow away from the garage door, went inside, got in the boat,went vroom vroom, got out of the boat and smiled. Just saved myself another $50.00 in gas....Ed

riverrat
04-13-2003, 06:47 PM
Judy & I also got out in ours. Went to the river (where else). Had a great time running the boat & watching all the other hot boats out on the river. ran with a 21' Liberator 540 bravo. needless to say it was alittle faster than the rat boat. Also boarded a new 33' baja w/496's.
nice boat!! lots of others enjoying the 80+ degree weather.. :D

the rat..

Team Jefe
04-14-2003, 07:13 AM
Saturday was fabulous. The REVENGE crew was a little south of the 18's playground, in Freeport Texas.

I had my dad and Vicki out for the first trip of the year. Really a scouting trip to check the lay of the water. We headed out from the house at 0600 (mid morning) and hit the ramp around 0730. The rush (what little there was) was gone and we took our time get launched.

The water was perfect, it greened up before we were past the jackup at the jetties, and blued up within 5 miles. A little sea chop to make things interesting, we were crusing at 4500, 42 knts.

Fishing was great, catching was not so great. But that was not the purpose of the trip. Mostly we were checking things out, and locating some new spots on the GPS, all of which were accomplished.

The highlight of the Day for Vicki was a pod of about 30 dolphins at about 40 miles out that ran with us. We stopped and they played, jumped, flipped around us for about 30 minutes. It was like being at SeaWorld.

A great day to be on the water.

JEFE