PDA

View Full Version : what would you like to see?

harbormaster
04-08-2003, 06:46 PM
What new options/features/capabilities would folks like to see on this site?

You new folks and lurkers; Do not be afraid to speak up.

Is there anything you would like changed?

RedDog
04-08-2003, 07:25 PM
It has been brought up before and maybe you gave a reply I missed - but I would like to be able to add / remove photos to individual boat registry pages.

Also, be able to search for old posts using a user name rather than member number - I know the name can change, but most of the time that would be handy.

Scubado
04-08-2003, 07:30 PM
I enjoy the tech articles. It would be great to see more of them. So many on this board with vast knowledge and projects in the works. We can all learn from eachother. For instance, I've been following Jame Bonds project. Great photos and explanations, it would be great to see it all together in the tech section

MOP
04-08-2003, 07:47 PM
Recommended products waxes, paints, cleaners, tools and suppliers of all types etc. A list that the guys can go to and choose what they may need. The poster should supply as much info as needed and be willing to explain any precautions or difficulties encountered to help the user.

Dredgeking
04-08-2003, 08:05 PM
i second the idea about being able to edit our own registry pages. my pics still haven't been added after a few weeks. i'm not getting on scot's case, but that's one less thing he'd have to worry about.

Chris-007
04-08-2003, 08:20 PM
Me too on the profile and picture updates. I've sold my 22 and registered my 28, but the 22 is still listed. Scott you did get my emails, right? Never heard back on whether you got my check.

Thanks for all of your hard work with the site!

PS - Email option when a reply to a post is made and mabe more "Graemlin" choices.

Formula Jr
04-08-2003, 08:26 PM
Not a darn thing. Scot, don't you have a wife to take out to diner or something when you get any free time? wink

Crazy Horse
04-08-2003, 08:39 PM
A thumbnails section for all photos.
Thanks for considering this...

MOP
04-08-2003, 08:43 PM
Hey Scot do you lose cash like checks??? Mine still has not come back. If you lost it like I said I will cut you a new one. Just let ne know!

BUIZILLA
04-08-2003, 08:57 PM
Scot, on a LOT of bb's that I frequent, there is a listing at the top of each topic that says *go to last read post* so one does not have to scan each post, in every topic, looking for the latest jabber. Neat and convenient feature. Does the software herein have that?

Great job otherwise..

J

harbormaster
04-08-2003, 10:40 PM
1. I would like to be able to add / remove photos to individual boat registry pages. I wrote a utility allowing folks to update their registry pages and have plans to allow them to add/edit photos

2. Be able to search for old posts using a user name rather than member number;most of the time that would be handy. I will have to check on this one to see if I can do it...

3. Tech articles. We need to get on people to write them

4. Recommended products waxes, paints, cleaners, tools and suppliers of all types etc. A list that the guys can go to and choose what they may need. The poster should supply as much info as needed and be willing to explain any precautions or difficulties encountered to help the user. I could write a little online application which is linked to a database. Folks could search as well as add comments

5. A thumbnails section for all photos. Sorry John. I tried this and got lots of compaints.
1st of all there are over 6000 pictures. People could not under stand why they would not load on their dial connection. Secondly the Donzi Girl Photos and other photos all share the same directory. This would give all access to the Donzi girl photos. Some of you might have remembered this fiasco. I really do not have the time right now to move all of the Donzi girl photos out of the photos folder and update all of the Donzi Girl posts to reflect their new location. It's a shame because I have already written the thumbnail software. Maybe I can give access only to the folks that have Donzi girl access.

6. A listing at the top of each topic that says *go to last read post* This feature already exists. To the right of each forum name, is a listing of the last posts posted in each forum. Just click on it.

KMLFAMILY
04-09-2003, 07:36 AM
I 2nd John"s request for the thumbnail pic. section.If practical for you to do. I was going through it last time and you proably have the finest collection of Donzi photo"s in existence.Hell you could make a hardcover picture book out of some of them and retail it.
Also Bryan"s previous idea of the amount views a post has received.
Overall you still have the best site there is :) !

Scott Pearson
04-09-2003, 07:47 AM
Women.....More naked women....thats all I want to see!!..... :D :D

(NJ)Scott

<small>[ April 09, 2003, 07:48 AM: Message edited by: Scott Pearson ]</small>

harbormaster
04-09-2003, 11:12 AM
If I can find someone trustoworthy who has the time and is computer literate, I could use their help doing the following...

Go through every donzi girl post and make a list of all the photos. At this time you would change each link to reflect the new location for example: instead if it pointing to www.donzi.net/photos/xxxxxx.jpg (http://www.donzi.net/photos/xxxxxx.jpg) it would point to www.donzi.net/dgirls/xxxxxx.jpg. (http://www.donzi.net/dgirls/xxxxxx.jpg.)

Once I am provided with a list of Donzi Girl photo filenames, I will move those photos to the new Donzi girl photo directory.

I could change the thumbnail software to only display them 1 page at a time. I can also sort them by name and display A-Z at the bottom of the page. You could then choos all pictures starting with d of g or whatever...

<small>[ April 09, 2003, 12:45 PM: Message edited by: Harbormaster ]</small>

Brad Lyon
04-09-2003, 11:31 AM
Scot,

Would that mean that the someone would have to look at each and every single Donzi Girl picture?
Okay I will put my pride aside and volunteer! :D :D :D

Brad

Budmann
04-09-2003, 11:44 AM
Your a good man Brad!

donzi3
04-09-2003, 12:09 PM
(steping up on my soap box.)
Scot, I have e-mailed you dozens of times requesting access to the Donzi Girls Section. Never have I received a reply or been allowed into the section.

Why you holden out on me? Pretty please.... can I get into the big boys club.

Crazy Horse
04-09-2003, 01:29 PM
Brad, You da man...How about if I assist you by taking some more photos...'Oh Triiiish'!

Thanks Brad & Scot.

harbormaster
04-09-2003, 02:24 PM
Donzi3,

I probably did not get your email since I believe I have all yahoo.com emails blocked. This due to the outrageous amount of SPAM that I receive every day. A large of amount of the SPAM was from from yahoo based emails.

Do you have another email address you can use?

donzi3
04-09-2003, 03:21 PM
Just giving you a hard time Scot. I have a hotmail account. What do you need in order for me to be allowed?

BERTRAM BOY
04-09-2003, 03:49 PM
I'd like to see a feature, where you can launch a Tomahawk( My apologies to Mr. Riggle) Missle at those who don't like to play nice......You know who you are.........
BERTRAM BOY :D :D :D

McGary911
04-09-2003, 04:36 PM
How cool would this be: each member could sign up for a Donzi.net Email account. Not too tough to do. My friend set up a pop server application on his "InsertSmutSiteNameHere" website, and i had an email account there. i just added the server to my mail client and i was in business.
I think the software was some open source linux stuff, so free it was. I could find out what it was if there is any interest.

MCGARY911@Donzi.net i like the sound of that :)

AND MAYBE....Add a paypal button to the goodies section and charge $5-10 for the account activation. Make some $$ for the board. Never a bad thing....

FlatRacer, aka BarrelBack
04-09-2003, 04:48 PM
I would like to see a more comprehensive picture collection in the "Model List" section. For example, under 18' 2+3 there's one pic of what appears to be an early Barrelback, but no mention of who's it is, or whether it's a catalog photo or what. On the page for this model maybe there could be shots of the different variants including Barrelbacks vs. "Bevelbacks"; Volvos, Mercruisers, and OMCs; Outdrives vs. V-drives vs. jets; standard hatches vs. triple hatches; side grabrails vs. wraparound grabrails; windshield options. etc.
I'm not saying you should write a book, but maybe a chronology of the more obvious design changes with some illustrative pics.
I also think the Model List could have a more prominent position on the home page.
One more thing: There's no apostrophe in "Donzis For Sale". Don't make me call the apostrophe police. :D

FR :)

P.S. None of these are complaints mind you, just suggestions. Overall, I think you do an outstanding job with the site. Thank You

P.P.S. Of course, now that I wrote that, I stumble across the page on the 16 footer. That's what I'm talking about! :D

<small>[ April 09, 2003, 05:09 PM: Message edited by: FlatRacer ]</small>

harbormaster
04-09-2003, 05:45 PM
Andrew
You need to send a photo of your favorite Donzi Girl to get access.

McGary
Ask and you shall receive...
You now have McGary@donzi.net.
Check your regular email for configuration instructions...

Flat Racer
Holler at Formula Jr. That is his department... :D

Scot

<small>[ April 09, 2003, 05:51 PM: Message edited by: Harbormaster ]</small>

Dredgeking
04-09-2003, 06:14 PM
flat racer,

good point. a comprehensive model list would be great.

Chris-007
04-09-2003, 07:21 PM
Maybe my email is blocked too? That would be good to know. Scot, can you still get mail from cfelton@ask-services.com? You have answered in the past so maybe it was recently blocked?

Jerry Eisele
04-09-2003, 08:49 PM
Scot,
How about spell check???

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
04-09-2003, 08:58 PM
Can it really get any better?
Scot, take a break, catch up on other things site related, purchases, rewards etc. This crew (me included are demanding on your time).

Wait until our next winter to bust a$$.
Leave her be for now, go boating with that fresh motor.. :)
Bryan

harbormaster
04-09-2003, 10:15 PM
Thanks Bryan,
But this is a sick compulsion of mine to make this an awesome site. Plus I do this instead of boating at 3am.

Trueser
04-09-2003, 10:39 PM
Scot,
It woul be nice to see the new members along with the pictures. I saw you do this a couple of times. It's nice to see all the people joining.

I agree this is a GREAT SITE.

Keep up the good work.

CDMA
04-10-2003, 09:27 AM
Spele Chker plases

Chris

Mom: Chris what is this big box???
Chris: Mom ask Scott down in FL...it is his fault :)

Donzi Dreaming
04-10-2003, 09:35 AM
How about a link when someone posts to their registry page. That way if they have a unique boat that you had not seen before you could go right to the page and see it. It might be tough for the individuals who are fortunate to have more than one boat to choose which one they want the link to.

John

mattyboy
04-10-2003, 11:14 AM
how about thought checker wink
this might be out of line here but how bout an instant message type thingy from the most recent vistor link, or a online off line indication
if the member is online click his name and IM him

now how bout that thought checker :p :D

Matt

harbormaster
04-10-2003, 05:15 PM
Matty the thought checker is already in place...

Chris-007
04-10-2003, 11:37 PM
Scot,

What do you think of the email when a reply is made to your post option? And how about more instant graemlins?

HyperDonzi
04-11-2003, 03:22 PM
Donzi Dreaming:
How about a link when someone posts to their registry page. That way if they have a unique boat that you had not seen before you could go right to the page and see it. It might be tough for the individuals who are fortunate to have more than one boat to choose which one they want the link to.

John Best way to do that now would be to just paste the link in the signature.

instant graemlins....Scot, I will ask the webmaster on another board if we could borrow some of his, same board software too...

Tommy

harbormaster
04-11-2003, 07:58 PM
Don't bother. I have lots more gaemlins I just have not added them.

MOP
04-17-2003, 07:33 AM
How about a spot to post URL's that go to needed items parts, upolstry, glass supplies, cool boat sites ETC. Some place you can go and click what you need.

mattyboy
04-17-2003, 08:34 AM
Scot,
Bryan is right you should take a break, I think the members need to do more, please don't laugh but I think the following would be cool
a virtual video test drive, have a member for each model take a video of a wot ride with the view of a passenger, similar to the now famous Geoo at 104 video and put that in the model list section,give newcomers the thrill of a Donzi ride!!!

Matt