PDA

View Full Version : Ok Boss Man I know you are LURKING!

MOP
04-06-2003, 08:26 PM
Come on HM spill the beens what did you do to your 18 to get it going so well?

Ranman
04-06-2003, 09:23 PM
MOP, I've always thought the HM's boat was laggigng for some reason. My 96 350/260 Alpha boat ran 62-63mph whereas Scot was posting speeds in the low 50's. When I talked to Scot last week, he had mentioned to me that linkage to the secondaries on his carb was either broken or disconnected rendering the secondaries inoperable.

When Scot rebuilt the carb, he fixed the secondaries and voila, the boat runs as it should.

The carb issue is in my eyes the biggest power robber, but Scot has done a full tune-up and that I'm sure helped too.

It's not that Scot did all these mods to gain performance, he just addressed all the issues and recovered the lost power. It sounds like the boat now runs like it should have the day he brought it home.

MOP
04-06-2003, 09:36 PM
I did'nt think they broke 60 stock with the Volvo. I knew the 260 like yours did, I love the 18. We had a red 18 out here for awhile that had a 383 with dual quads on it, awesome sounding and fast had a Merc drive not sure which one. It love at first sight!

harbormaster
04-06-2003, 10:21 PM
Like RANMAN said. I just took it back to where it should be. It had been neglected. It sis running great now. It is actually turning too many RPMS. At one point the engine was turning 5800 rpms. I definely need more prop. I do not want to be picking up pieces of engine.

MOP
04-06-2003, 10:44 PM
Yeah sounds like few inches and some cup would do pretty well :D

Walt. H.
04-07-2003, 01:28 AM
H.M, 3-inch pitch more then what you are currently running now should bring your RPM's down to 4600, and your MPH >UP!! :D Enjoy, Walt

boldts
04-07-2003, 07:36 AM
HM, since your looking for some more prop, I'll throw this out to you and every one else. One of our sponsors for AOTH III is Turbo propellers. These props work great on the Classic hulls. They run less diameter than the Mercruiser props, which greatly helps the handling of the hull at higher speeds, cost less, and are used by boat racers. Check out the Midwest Donzi Club (http://www.mwdonziclub.com) home page for a link to their web site. I haven't talked to anyone using the prop on an 18, but the ones with a 22 who are running these props love them including me. I gained more speed running the Turbo prop and also gained better control and use of the drive trim.

For those of you planning to attend AOTH III, we will have representatives from the company present along with props for you to try on your boats. Just think, you could go home from a Donzi gathering with a faster boat than what you showed up with!