PDA

View Full Version : New Boat

Hotboat
04-06-2003, 07:36 AM
After being without a Donzi for nearly 2 years, I have one back in the stable. I just purchased a 1 owner, 1991 Sweet 16 with very low hours. Factory 302 with thru hulls. I even got the original MSO and owners manuals. Anxious to get it in the water and see what it has! Having been on the Registry almost since the beginning, I have heard good and bad about the OMC era. This is my 4th Donzi and it appears to be the best build boat yet. But then I have not had anything newer. Glad to be back with old friends.

MOP
04-06-2003, 07:56 AM
You have a buddy, I have the very same boat. I snatched it from a buddy who found it in storage for 6-7 years, he ran it one season with the original exhaust manifold and got a big gulp of water and puked the mill. I bought what was left, it now has a GT40 block, mild cam, 351 heads and yes a 350cfm two barrel. it runs high 50's. I to find the boat to be a good example of construction and love my Cobra, It is a far better drive than the Merc's they used. Is yours white with red stipe?

boldts
04-06-2003, 02:06 PM
Hotboat, congrats on your purchase. Welcome back to the Donzi family! Hope to have the opportunity to meet you and see the boat in person. Always fun to see that grin from ear to ear of a Donzi owner. Try to join us at Lake Cumberland in May if possible. Good luck with her. :)

RickR
04-06-2003, 02:34 PM
I was wondering where you were hiding :D
During football season I see your orange 18 on Ft Loudon Lake. Wonder if the paint is holding up?

Your 16 sounds like a blast!
Do you still have the Century?

Come see us on Douglas this summer!

Stix Magill
04-06-2003, 06:59 PM
Hotboat,
Congrats! The season is upon us so go have some fun! If you are ever in Alabama, look me up and we will take a ride.

Scott Smith
"Stix Magill"

BigGrizzly
04-06-2003, 09:47 PM
welcome back Hotboat, I was wondering how long it would be. PaulO I beleive is bacl in one too/