PDA

View Full Version : A letter to Woodsy

harbormaster
04-04-2003, 07:58 AM
I was going to send this to you as an email but I would like for everyone to see this.

Woodsy Sir,

It would appear that you do not hesitate to wave your censorship alert flag every time I exercise my powers as webmaster and moderator with one of your posts.

If I were a censor and an ass I would have personly barred you from this board 1 year ago.
You know why.
I do not play that game.

Even when I received numerous emails compaining about your comments on and off the forums. I have sat quietly.

It would not surprise me to find out that you would dearly love for me to bar you from this forum. This would probably empower you to pursue a little crusade against my so called censorship among your buddies and other websites. Another blisterboy all over again.

Well sorry man, its not going to happen.

I bear you no ill will. Hell at times I kinda respect your opinion.

Once again stop trying stir up trouble and controversy. I will continue to delete any posts as I see fit.

Thanks you for your understanding.

<small>[ April 04, 2003, 08:05 AM: Message edited by: Harbormaster ]</small>

CDMA
04-04-2003, 08:07 AM
I love you both. This is NOT a big deal. Scott this is your board you do great job. Woodsy you are a great guy and we want you around. Would the two of you just please get along.

However you do it. Find a way to peacefully coexist. Woodsy I think you go too far sometime with your posts. Harbormaster sometimes you go too far deleting other people's posts. No one is perfect. We all make mistakes. We all are forgiven. We are all flawed. Lets just get along.

PLEASEEEEEE...come on guys its my birthday!

Chris

Woodsy
04-04-2003, 10:34 AM
Scot,

A friend of ours just forwarded your open letter to me... My response is thus:

I do not wish to barred from any forum. Nor do I wish to participate in one where censorship is practiced. I can understand deleting a post when it really isn't truthful or in good taste. However, deleting posts that state facts is censorship. Not "so called censorship"... its censorship, plain and simple. I believe in free speech. This country is based on free speech, last I checked it was Rule #1. If someone does not like what I have to say, on or off the board, feel free to post it. Call or send me an e-mail to disagree with me. I have no problem with that. It is good to disagree, thats how learning and better understanding is fostered.

I did not try to stir up trouble. I was merely pointing out to the members of the board that deals routinely fall thru and I cited an example. I know it was not MOP/Phil who changed his mind. But as I explained to MOP/Phil, in his initial post, he did not mention in any way that he was the middleman. The ad gave the impression that he was the owner of the drives. Had NYStockboy not delayed 2 weeks in getting the drives, he probably would have been able to get them for the agreed price. I have apologized to MOP/Phil if I came across as personally bashing him.

As for the recent post that was deleted, I was just comparing the two deals, in an effort to stop the whining about the pulled auction. I was trying to point out that deals go south all the time. I know who got the Arneson's, and its a "well respected" member of the board who backdoored everyone else.

I have bought and sold a bunch of stuff on the web, more specifically Donzi.net and OSO. I have always done business in a straight up manner. To cite an example, I sold a Donzi.net member, (MX Roadster) my used Bravo outdrive for $1600.. a deal in itself as it only had 100 freshwater hours. When I removed the drive from the boat, the u-joints were rusty from the 3 years the boat sat before I bought it. I replaced them at a cost of $250. I did not charge MX for these. I told him the drive was in perfect shape when I sold it to him. I gave my word, and thats the type of guy I am.

My largest issue with you Scot, is that whenever there is bad news about Donzi, or more importantly, somebody is having an issue WITH Donzi, more specifically Donzi Customer Service, or somebody is having an issue with a member of the board, the post/thread gets deleted. NYStockboy had an issue with MOP, you deleted the thread, before all of the facts came out, clearing the air about the whole thing. MOP's ad for the drives should have stated he was just the middleman. It would have eliminated alot of confusion. MOP was just trying to help out some member who needed a TRS setup. You canned the "Factory Questions" forum because "all people are doing is using it as a forum to bash Donzi". So what? Why is that a bad thing? Why cannot someone post on Donzi.net, a worlwide forum, that they are having an issue with Donzi. Why is the knowledge that someone is having a problem with their Donzi, and a resulting problem with Donzi Customer Service a bad thing?

What did Blisterboy do wrong? He got nowhere with Donzi Customer Service, they were totally unattentive to his problem. He took his complaint to the general public via the internet. I personally think BlisterBoy had a point. That boat was obviously defective, and he should not have had to go to lengths he did to get it resolved. I think the only reason it got resolved is because he posted it on the web for the world to see. I would guess Donzi lost more sales because of that website, than it would have cost them to give him a brand new boat. I have no doubt the only reason Brian Tuvell got his boat fixed by Donzi in a timely manner is because of his stature in the Donzi community and the OSO community. I know of several others who spent much more than Brian on thier boats, who have issues and it has taken months to get them resolved if they get resolved at all. Their posts have been deleted. Anytime anybody posts anything negative about Donzi Marine it gets deleted, by YOU.

Point blank.. Are you receiveing cash or donations from Donzi Marine or people who work for Donzi Marine to keep the site nothing but positive publicity for Donzi Marine? I don't personally care if you are or are not. But IF you are taking money or donations from the factory or its representatives with the express or implied notion that the site will not have any info that would be detrimental to Donzi Marine in any fashion, or damage Donzi's reputation in any way, then the members of the board should know that the board is no longer neutral and is subject to factory opinions.

Your statement that: "This would probably empower you to pursue a little crusade against my so called censorship among your buddies and other websites. Another blisterboy all over again." Comparing me to BlisterBoy? Thats quite a stretch... considering just a few weeks ago you sent an e-mail to me thanking me for DEFENDING you over on Offshore Only.com How quickly that has been forgotten.

I have never called you an ass. I called you a censor. I disagree with your censorship of the board. You take cash donations from members as well as sell merchandise to keep this board up and running. (Before I go off on a tangent, let me also say that I have no doubt that you also put alot of your own cash in, as well as alot of "sweat equity". You have a great board, the members are great, and I have made alot of good friends.) But, because you do take donations from members, you have a moral obligation to them, most of whom consider you a friend, to let the truth be known about Donzi, be it good, bad or ugly. Why would you not want the truth to be known? Why bash Blisterboy? Why delete the posts of other memebrs who have had, or are having issues with Donzi Marine? Why delete the thread of someone who had a bad business dealing with another member, especially if it only states facts and doesn't get into mudslinging? Why cannot this knowledge be posted?

I will post this response to your open letter on the forum. I am sure you will quickly delete it. I am also going to e-mail it to some other members who have questioned why, and asked what asked what my response will be. I am not into mudslinging, or bashing of any sort. I cannot abide by censorship on site that portrays itself as a wealth of Donzi knowledge. Comparing me to BlisterBoy was personal. I am not going to lower myself to that. It isn't personal Scot, even though you may think it is. I disagree with your censorship of the board.

Dave Wood

Dredgeking
04-04-2003, 11:02 AM
i understand you two have some issues to deal with. the sad thing is this ranting is similar to that seen on others boards. boards i no longer frequent because i'm tired of the rants. i enjoy this site because it is much more of a community. the members have been very helpful and i appreciate that.

my point is we all should try and keep donzi.net a COMMUNITY.

harbormaster
04-04-2003, 12:16 PM
David,
I have no problems with what you posted except for when you named names.

I would treat ANYONE the same way if did the same thing. Don't take it personal David.

And dredgeking. Do not misinterpret. I have no issues with David. I have issues with the actions that I deem inappropriate. I have a job to run this site with dignity and as smoothly and openly as possible. Everyone can expect me as the owner and operator of this "community" to go to bat for you.

I have to do things that not everyone likes buy it comes with the territory. End of story.

<small>[ April 04, 2003, 12:28 PM: Message edited by: Harbormaster ]</small>

boldts
04-04-2003, 01:10 PM
I'll just comment on what this web-site has meant to me over the past 3 years. It may have nothing to do with the actual issue at hand, but I feel as being a member of the community, I should post it.

When I happened onto this site, it wasn't because someone told me about it. At the time, I had owned a little 18' Classic for close to 15 years. I almost never saw another on our local lakes and in fact the only time I ran across a Donzi of any type, was when I traveled to Lake Erie for Offshore races. I was desperately wanting to meet other Donzi owners.

When I first started posting on the boards, I often times had no idea about what was being discussed and many times my experience was not comparing apples to apples. I've learned over the years that by asking what seems like a stupid question often times is the best way and sometimes the only way to learn what you need to know. If you don't ask, you'll never learn so to speak.

I too made mistakes like posting a comment on the boards about Scot or the web-site instead of contacting him first which in most cases got me an e-mail sent to me personally. I've learned through board members that common courtesy to talk to the person you have a beef with first should be option #1. Like the time this year I scheduled AOTH III on the same weekend as the Dust-Off. Fasteddy called me right away and because I wasn't sure when the Dust-Off dates were, we were able to work together to not have conflicting dates.

This learning by me continues every day. Through this Arneson issue I learned how E-Bay works because I posted a post that said it was free which it is not. Through Mr. Wood's post and a thread in the "What-ever you want to talk about" I have visited some of the Donzi bashing sites that are out on the web. At the time of the "Blister Boy" threads, I also followed and read what that person had to say. I didn't necessarily agree with how he went about getting the word out, but doing what he did was his right as an American. Do we shoot anyone who protests the war we are currently fighting? No. We may not agree with their believes, but that is why we are Americans, we have the freedom to express ourselves.

I personally also feel that negative feedback about the boats we love should be included here. Often times it appears to be the newer boats being built, but if their was an issue with my 98 Classic, I'd sure like to know about it! It is this awareness by the buyers that makes the parent company make changes to fix problems whether it be staff or building procedures. Just a guess on my part, but I'll bet the windscreen design of the ZX boats has been changed much in part thanks to people from this community voicing their anger. Maybe not. If I had the $$$ to purchase a Rolex and it only kept time for a week, I sure wouldn't be posting how great a company Rolex is. AMH doesn't make my boat payment every month, I do!

In closing and I'm sorry for being so long, the Midwest Donzi Club donates money to the Registry not because I have to, but because I want to! I'm sure it's members donate for the same reason. This web-site has full-filled a dream I had for many years. Because of it, I've not only met other Donzi owners, but many new friends! I've been able to travel to new waterways with those friends there to greet me and my family no matter what our need might be. I'm proud to be a part of this community and pass it on to anyone joining our club. Thank-you to everyone here!

BERTRAM BOY
04-04-2003, 01:25 PM
Woodsy,
Take a look at it this way. If Donzi Marine sees this website as a bashing ground for their products, How long do you think it's going to be before they say " We don't want you using the name Donzi anymore".

BERTRAM BOY :D :D :D

P.S. Do we really need to get "The Princess" to give you an asswhoopin'?

RedDog
04-04-2003, 01:40 PM
To me it is simple - the Harbormaster owns this board, he sets the rules, and if we want to visit, we must abide by his rules. Free speech doesn't apply in this circumstance - only the Harbormaster rules - and I wouldn't expect the Harbormaster to compromise his rules just because someone chose to help support the board. If you don't like it, don't visit. This philosophy is much like how I expect guests to my home to behave. If you visit, be courteous, be polite, don't cuss, and if you can't live by those rules, I'll ask you leave.

If someone wants to present a topic outside of the Harbormaster's rules, start your own board or web page and then you will have free speech - but oh, don't forget, free speech is not really free. Along with it are 2 other required elements - responsibility and accountability. Don't try to practice "free speech" on the Harbormaster's board and then leave him with the responsibility and accountability for what you say.

'nuff said

roadtrip se
04-04-2003, 01:53 PM
It is a priveledge, not a right to participate in this forum. I have been censored here before, it ticked me off, but you know what, I got over it and realized that this is Scot's perogative. I contacted him and we talked about his reasoning for the censor and I moved on. End of story.

I participate on this forum more than any other place on the web. My interests and hobbies are many and varied, but I chose to particpate here because this place is typically diverse, respectful, and friendly to all points of view. The boats are just an excuse to get together and talk amongst good friends from all over the country. With my travels for my job, I have the luxury of getting to see a lot of you on a regular basis.

There are always three perspectives on a situation. Your view, my view, and what actually happened. You can make your point with out naming individuals. You can make your point without using obvious nicknames for an individual. You can make a point without attacking an indiviudal or showing them disrespect or lack of civility. Your point will most likely ring more true and credible, if you present it with an air of civility and class.
And if you have a point, please have the facts to back it up, or your point just rings hollow and nobody is going take you seriously any longer.

That is what makes this place what it is and unique to the boating community and to some extent the web. Please don't pollute it with negativity and crap that just doesn't matter!

Todd

Crazy Horse
04-04-2003, 02:32 PM
Woodsy,
I for one will greatly miss your insight, intelligence, and wit should you decide not to partake in this site in the future.

What I have learned, from my being edited twice, is that 'buyer beware' (Davey Spank Dawg) and full frontal nudity (Horse) are quite controversial. lol.
But, in spite of censorship, we have had a lot of good laughs and established terrific friendships. This site keeps me 'boating' while my boat is in winter storage.

The spirit of these boats is fast and in your face...Aronow was all about that. We need you here Woodsy because you add some much needed respectable grit to our little site.

Peace, but loud.
Crazy Horse

Ps: Censorship is terrible but silence is worse.

<small>[ April 04, 2003, 03:37 PM: Message edited by: Crazy Horse ]</small>

fasttrucker
04-04-2003, 03:02 PM
Ive been wanting to bash this board for a long time.You guys suck...no just kidding.I really like or well think its fun when things here get hot!...since i like to drink and go on line.PLEASE DONT STOP!I hate the pc crowd."politicly correct".So lets start a topic...lets say arent those zx boats the best donzis ever! :D

seano
04-04-2003, 03:06 PM
not that anyone cares, and not to dredge up any old issues, but it was I, not NYStockboy who took issue with MOP and the TRS drives. frankly i'm over it...long ago...I just don't want anyone else brought down because of my dealings.

on another note...not that anyone cares again...but i agree with woodsy about the censorship issue, but also agree that sometimes it is necessary. I think scott takes it a little too far, and in the end, it keeps the board civil...but at what cost?

with that in mind, i find that i contribute very little to this site because it has really left a bad taste in my mouth...for a number of reasons...

for instance, I read dredgeking's thread about installing AutoMeter gauges in his Donzi and thought I'd post my expriences with AutoMeter and the fact that I will be using their gauges in my Cigarette as well as the fact that it was I who talked to the nice folks at AM who told me they have always built Livorsi's gauges which are sold under the Gaffrig name and that they will be doing more to directly market their gauges to the marine industry...

but then I thought about the way I've been treated here and asked myself...why should I contribute anything to this board?

The harbormaster's elitist attitude(now that he actually owns a Donzi) is in fact what has turned me off to this site, so why should I add value to it?

The harbormaster has repeatedly vowed that he would NEVER go to that "other" site(OSO) and put it down using some pretty inflamatory statements only to go over there and talk out of the other side of his face...

So Scot...do what you want...delete this post...ban me from the site...whatever...it's time I spoke my mind...but keep in mind that it was you who decided to air your dirty laundry in a public forum regarding Woodsy, so if your gonna do that, be prepared to reap what you sow.

<small>[ April 04, 2003, 03:08 PM: Message edited by: seano ]</small>

harbormaster
04-04-2003, 04:21 PM
Anyone else?? :p :p :p

No problem Seano

C'mon guys lighten up.

I will run this site for for everyone and do my best to have fun and keep it fun for everyone.
I'm having fun. How's about anyone else??
Anyone else up for fun?
:D :D :D :

<small>[ April 04, 2003, 04:34 PM: Message edited by: Harbormaster ]</small>

Kirk
04-04-2003, 04:24 PM
PEACE

seano
04-04-2003, 04:26 PM
alright...so i was having a bad day...for a friday even...

sorry i had to vent scot...you're a good sport, i thought you'd take my post down...

donzi3
04-04-2003, 04:33 PM
The last thing I want to do in here is make enemies and my post probably has nothing to do with how this topic even started (to which I am completely ignorant). But this site is where I found my boat, and you members have helped and guided me in finding parts, and taught me the little bit of knowledge I now have.

I have found a great deal of help and support by those of you who have more knowledge and understand of these boats…..which is almost all of you.

My understanding of this site was it was formed by owners and has grown due to the members. These members openness, honesty, helpfulness, and knowledge has made this site my first source. The forums have been invaluable and hearing all suggestions and various recommendations has been great. I trust everyone’s input and young punks like me need this insight and want to hear all the good with the bad.

I have been nothing but pleased with the site and certainly the members until now. These internal politics certainly make me second guess the information, which I am allowed to view.

I don’t think posting this publicly was the correct way to handle it and I think there is no benefit to the sites integrity by making this so visible. Visitors find themselves in some sort of childish spat. (In no way am I calling anyone childish, just the circumstance)

I hope I haven’t offended anyone. I thank the members who have contributed so much, and I thank the Harbormaster for making it all possible.

harbormaster
04-04-2003, 04:35 PM
No big deal Sean. Dude. Its Friday. Go take take out the boat. Still got the Cig?

Marlin275
04-04-2003, 04:55 PM
Scot,
It's 38 degrees today for the water and the air,
that's the problem! eek! :confused: frown

seano
04-04-2003, 05:23 PM
scot, i wish i was as lucky as you...can't take the boat out for at least another month due to the cold temps here in NY!

I'm on my second cig...sold the 28 and bought a 35 Cafe Racer...now I'm looking for 20' Cig project boat...do you think Chris will help me find one??? Yeah right! :) Hey Chris...Happy b-day... :)

Dave98
04-04-2003, 05:37 PM
An Open letter to Donzi.net members,

I have not met any of you in person but from reading this board frequently I feel like I know quite a few of you. It is the highlight of my day when I can take a minute away from work and read the valuable insight (technical and personal) that all of you members have given to this board through your postings.

We are all big boys and girls and are going to have differences when it comes to the wide range of topics that are covered on this board. Face it, we are mixing pleasure with business anytime money is changing hands....for whatever reason.

I would suggest that we all try to take care of problems personally first. A letter or email explaining your position or problem will probably take care of the situation. Public airing of dirty underwear never helps!

My soapbox is starting to cave in, I had better get off it. So let me finsh by saying, my boat is my obsession. I cannot wait to add thru-hull exhaust and new manifolds. I will attempt fuel-injection one of these days. I really believe my friends that own other makes of boats are jelous of the cult-like way we talk about our Donzi. It is because of all of you that have posted on this board.

So, let's continue to discuss and cuss in a manner that we all can enjoy. Thanks for reading...if you still are!

Let's have fun!!!!

Dave

Cuda
04-04-2003, 06:28 PM
Anybody see a boat around here? :)

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
04-04-2003, 06:44 PM
Scot, I am for the fun part, and also not the most popular guy around due to some of my off the wall comments, but only had real words with one member whose posts I always enjoy, no big deal.
I enjoy this site and contribute to it, and could really care less what is in some posts, everyone does have their opinion, and I am ok with that, as far as censorship goes, it is a double edge sword, I once got upset over one off my threads being deleted, or my spin photo deleted, but it really isn't that big of deal to me anymore, especially with all that our country is going through. Want to mention censorship? Go to Iraqi/Aljezzar TV and watch the video of the executed US soilders, that US TV will not air. It is gruesome, to say the least.

Woodsy, I did not know I have a stature! :)
But thank you, I look forward to seeing you again soon. My boat was fixed because I drove it 868 miles each way and footed the travel bill to avoid the Donzi Dealers in VA, a local dealer could not fix my problem, only the factory. Time soon will tell if the repair worked. I was impressed and pleased with all the service Donzi has provided me in both my ZX's.
The Donzi dealer I dealt with in PA is the best business man I ever met, my next boat will come from him when the time comes.

Keep up the great work Scot, I personally appreciate your efforts, enjoy everyones posts and look forward to seeing everyone soon at one event or another. I have made a few friends here that I plan to keep as friends for life.
Bryan

<small>[ April 04, 2003, 06:51 PM: Message edited by: Bryan Tuvell 26ZX ]</small>

Scott Pearson
04-04-2003, 06:47 PM
Can't we all just get along........ :D

(NJ)Scott

Donzigo
04-04-2003, 07:16 PM
Scot,

I like the way you run the board. I've been deleted twice. No problem. When I look back, they were in bad taste or at the very least, close to the line.

Red Dog, you got it right. This board is not about "free speech", whatever, it sure is a classy website, though.

Who made all that "bally-hoo" about what Donzi thinks? Forget about it. Lee Kimmel and the directors couldn't be bothered with our petty issues. (Good thing, if they paid attention, they might find lots to object to..........name another boat brand name that allows naked chicks on a website bearing their name.........no complaints from me; but think it from the company's point of view). Considering they spent well over $1,000,000 to campaign a F-2 race boat to build their brand name, as well as other marketing efforts, they have very right to have a say in the way their brand name is used. They run a boat company that's trying to make ends meet in one of the all time toughest economic environments for super-luxury consumer goods.

Blister Boy - He spent an inordinate amount of time preaching about a boat that he bought "used". Sorry; but, "used" usually means "no warranty". Donzi went out of their way to please him. Most companies wouldn't have given him the time of day.

Keep up the good work, Scot. "Let them eat cake!"

<small>[ April 04, 2003, 07:42 PM: Message edited by: Donzigo ]</small>

MOP
04-04-2003, 07:27 PM
I E-Mailed Woodsy and asked him not to leave the Net even before he mailed me, I to think at times the censorship thing is not good, depends on content not problems. Things at times go south within any group, everyone needs to take a breath and forget it. I got caught up being a middle man and caught hell for it. I was really upset at the time. I look at it this way turn to your mate and look what EACH of you put up with hell we are still there. I feel very strongly that there should be a bitching area not open to the public just members, so things that go south can be talked out with other members having input that should I think in most cases should help bring the thing to an end. What do people think of a private Bitching Post for members only????

Scott Pearson
04-04-2003, 07:51 PM
Can't we all just get along......

(NJ)Scott

Formula Jr
04-04-2003, 08:22 PM
For the record, I deleted the first Blisterboy thread. A thread I had started. I also delete many, many of my other own posts- usually in the morning with a hangover. Scot has also deleted some of my posts, and he always sent me an e-mail explaining precisely why. I've always stuck with the idea that the SYSOP is GOD. The board is here for HIS entertainment. We're all just along for the ride. It makes not one fig, if anyone's personal level of censorship does not match that of the SYSOP. He's the one that got the domain name, pays for the bandwidth, updates and corrects code. He owns the site and can give it any flavor he wants. Contributions to the site are not manditory. There are no vested rights implied to the members who post stuff. I've been in Scot's shoes as a Sysop back in the very earily days of pre-internet, local call BBS' and Fido net. And I never hesitated for a second to get rid of something that broke with my personal level of tolerance. I would delete entire packets sometimes, cause they didn't have any content that I could find meaningful. People using the service as a cheap postal system - pre email - for instance. And I gave some people the PING OF DEATH. And when I got alot of lip about it from other folks that I was infringing on free speech, I wiped clean the whole shebang. Got rid of the second phone line, formated the hard drive. It had ceased being entertaining to me and I had better things to do. As the saying goes.. Pure drivel, always displaces regular, 'ol ordinary drivel.

<small>[ April 04, 2003, 08:36 PM: Message edited by: Formula Jr ]</small>

Ranman
04-04-2003, 09:22 PM
Woodsy, I love ya buddy. I'm with Crazy Horse. If you do, I'll hate to see you go. You're truly an asset to this board, even if you are a pain in the ass sometimes.

Scot VsnA, I feel your pain man, and I admire your effort.

Poodle has a point.

Like it or not Harbormaster is king.

Cliff and Todd both have points.

Pearson, no we can't all Fu**ing just get along. Why do you think this thread is here? Don't you have a house to paint or something?

Chris, are you switch hitting? You may want to check out the Miata thread.

I really need to go boating...

Murphy
04-04-2003, 09:49 PM
CDMA,

I take offense at your remarks. I spoke to my wife, and she assures me I am not flawed in any way. After she admitted this, I let her up.

Seriously folks... I love this site and have learned an encyclopedia from it. The Harbormaster has put in hours on end keeping it available to us. Show some appreciation and put this **** to rest.

Murph

Be cool

Murph

HP 600SC
04-04-2003, 10:03 PM
I'm with Baxter......it tick's me off too....
Seems like it is not as much fun here as it used to be. frown

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
04-04-2003, 10:23 PM
S-Pearson, how about some updated garage pictures please, I always enjoy your posts with pictures and commentary.

Lots of great feeedback in this post, some of the more interesting reading I have enjoyed in awhile. Nice break from CNN.
Bryan

PS Anyone seen Heraldo or Arnet lately?

<small>[ April 04, 2003, 10:23 PM: Message edited by: Bryan Tuvell 26ZX ]</small>

tailwind
04-04-2003, 11:05 PM
Hey most favored DONZI owners:

May be I am flying a flag, no. Although from the South, MS, will hold with our southern past. Like others, we do not need division here, however a real compilation of ideas, both in all respects! Notice I did not say North or South! We all know the truth.

Is DONZI screwing up? Who within our web site can tell? Who here has run a sucessfull business for over 30 years? If you have please tell us. I have, and would like to know,

No gentelmen, my vote goes to Scott. Woodsy, sorry we never met, you will understand hopefully. As an pilot, FA-18 C model, F-4,and A-4 skyhawk driver, etc, I do understand herewith we both come from a different geographical location, however we should be indeed be very close with our immediate national defense intentions.

For this reason alone, may we all together reach a more united front, and please say a prayer for our dear comrades overseas.

DONZI like my business will either suceed one way or the other, But in this time, please let us all pray for the sucess of our forces overseas. Accordingly, we will all reap the benefits from the operations, our troops have are undergoing herewith so life here in the US will endure.

Randy

BigGrizzly
04-04-2003, 11:20 PM
I'm with Poodle,RT2, BBoy, Ranman, Horse and most others. THIS IS SCOTT's board and I for one am glad he lets me be a part of it. When I joined the board in 2000 it was a Donzi tech site, for people who needed info to keep their Donzi and dreams alive. World politics and personalities were not in existance here. The inside joke was if you wanted that go to OSO. If you didn't agree with the tech answer than you were on your own, but not forsaken. Yes I have had a post deleated, am I up set-no I applaud him for his keeping our integruty together. THIS IS SCOTT's board!

Woodsy, we don't agree most of the time but I do respect your tech views. I do not like or agree with bringing up names "he said or she said" this is BS. Case in point Bryan and I had an issue. We got warm at each other, we than took it off the board and up with each other. where it should be. The result is we are friends and he is welcome in my house anytime. I'll miss you, but not as much as you will miss us.

As for people complaining about Donzi here, this is not the place. This is for Donzi lovers not others. Scott my hat is off to you again, you have a great board "THANK YOU"!!

Woodsy
04-04-2003, 11:33 PM
To All:

Lets get a few things straight: I posted on the Arneson Drive/E-Bay thread and attempted to use last years incident as a parallel to the complaining that was going on about the auction being cancelled. The point was that deals get cancelled all the time. Apparently people did not see the comparison/parallel. My post was in no way meant to bash MOP, although it could have been interpreted that way. MOP/Phil is a stand up guy!

Scot decided to delete the post, because I mentioned names. Well, if I did not mention names, how would anybody who is new to the board be able to figure out what was going on? Its not like they could search the archives... But I digress.. So then I posted about censorship, and resigned from the board. I stated my reasons in a clear, concise manner. I was not hot-headed nor did I call anyone names anonymously or otherwise. My post was not a personal attack on Scot or anyone else. I knew that Scot would delete that post quickly as well... and he did. I also e-mailed several of my close friends on the board and informed them of my descision and how I came to it. As far as I was concerned, that was the end of it. I did not come to that decision lightly, and (after this post) I intend to stand by it.

Scot then posted his "Letter To Woodsy".... making this whole thing a public flogging. Instead of somewhat quietly going away as I intended, it has instead become a big controversy. In writing his post, Scot was inviting a response from me. I responded. In my response, I again, in a clear and concise manner stated my position, and my reasons... I really do not see any ambiguity in my response. I suggest you go back and re-read it. I re-read it several times before I sent it to Scot via e-mail, then posted it for all to see. If you read my post, you would have also read that its not personal. I have nothing but praise for the job Scot has done here, and I have publicly defended him on other websites... There are very few here who can truthfully say that... Who else here can say that? I can only think of a few other than myself, and their names might surprise you... Crossbow, Gator, Bryan Tuvell, MJPCowboy and HyperBaja... there were a couple of others whose names I did not recognize, and I am not sure they post on Donzi.net all that often, but I know they lurk here. Do you know what the post on OSO was about... CENSORSHIP! Here is a link to the thread http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=42511 Check it out yourselves.

I do however question Scot's objectivity when it comes to censorship. Thats it.

MOP... I hope you accepted my apology in the e-mail response I sent you. I did not mean to come across as bashing you personally, although that is how I came across. I truly apologize. First round is on me up at 1000 Islands... and we aren't drinking the cheap stuff either....

Seano... Sorry for getting your name wrong... I did know it was somebody from NY, and I just didn't feel like reconnecting my old hard drive to access the correct info.. my bad

NYStockboy... see the above sentence... please accept my apology.

DonziGo... If you do not think Donzi Marine monitors this board you are sadly mistaken. They are very much aware of what goes on here, what is posted here and by whom. They monitor anything and everything that may affect thier corporate image, especially how the boating public percieves Donzi. As far as BlisterBoy goes, you are wrong... Blisterboy bought a NEW boat... not previously titled, from an authorized Donzi dealer... and quite frankly alot people on this board treated him badly. He should have been supported by us instead of ostracized. Had he gotten a decent response in a timely manner from Donzi Marine, he would not have become "BlisterBoy"..

RedDog... I disagree with you. A forum is just that, a forum of ideas and information. While thier are limits to decency and good taste... (the porn stars in DonziGirls) however, a post stating facts should not be censored.

RoadTrip... you are right, it is a privledge to post here. I am choosing not to.

Ranman... yes, I am a pain in the ass, most usually found in the ass of some sort of person with authority... in this case Scot.

Pearson... You know better that to think everyone could just get along...

Grizz.. You are right, we have very rarely agreed, but the respect for each other opinion was always there. It still is. You are right... I will miss posting and contributing here. I choose this path with a heavy heart.

Poodle... I take great exception to your post... Quote: " Yes, you have your rights to your opinion, but that does not mean they have to be tolerated here on the board by the OWNER of the board, nor anyone else. Not everyone here wants to hear you expound on your version of the world as it should be." You are correct Scott, I have the right to my opinion as do you and everyone else. If you do not want to hear what I have to say, don't read my posts... end of story. Yet, not only do you read my posts, you save them? Don't you think this is a little odd? Saving the posts of a guy whose opinion you cannot "tolerate". I think its kind of funny that you have saved some of my deleted posts. I have never said anything on this board that I am ashamed of. Feel free to post them for all... most of my more moronic ramblings were not censored... I find your use of the word "tolerated" rather surprising, considering there is a distinct lack of tolerance in your post. Why is that? You do not seem to have any tolerance for what I might think. In order to post here does one have to be a card carrying member of the "Donzi Socialist Party" and expound on how great Donzi is? Is there a "Donzi Secret Police" to keep tabs on people who post opinions that are contrary to the "Donzi Socialist Party" beliefs? Will my papers have to be in order to attend a Donzi gathering? It seems as if you no longer have any respect or tolerance for anyone elses opinion when it disagrees with yours.

I did not make this public... SCOT did.

I fully understand the "Rules"... Scot's board, Scot's rules. I think I posted as much over on OSO. I have stated my thoughts and questioned objectivity in my previous post and in this post as clearly as possible. The censorship has gotten out of hand, and I can no longer in good conscience agree with it, even though at one point I defended it. Because of Scot's use of censorship as a weapon to stifle the free exchange of opinions and ideas, be they right wrong or indifferent, I no longer intend to play/post here. There are some VERY serious censorship issues, and they need to be addressed. I think this board has lost all sense of objectivity, and has become somewhat elitist.

This used to be a simple board about boats... Donzi's in particular. Now it is a board where boats, politics, naked women and whatever else you can think of is discussed and debated. The board has grown, and with growth comes growing pains. To me, this board is no longer fun. I choose not to participate. End of Story.

Woodsy :( frown

oldLenny
04-05-2003, 12:14 AM
I'm still having fun... :D Scot always had a DONZI, just that the last one was REALLY ugly! I saved him from it and here it sits. I don't have a problem with anything here and am just happy it exists as well as these people with a common interest.

I am probably too "easy going" and don't get ruffled very easily. Could be my downfall as well...Anyways, I think Scot does a great job, and I have been "censored" before as well. Thinking back, I deserved it. No issues here...

<small>[ April 05, 2003, 12:27 AM: Message edited by: Lenny ]</small>

Ed Donnelly
04-05-2003, 01:17 AM
Wasn't this site originally the Classic Donzi Registry? With the hard work by Scott, it grew up..The great thing is it has diversified within itself. I have the choice to hop over to Donzi Girls if I wish. Nothing to do with Donzi's but that is my choice. This is Scotts domain and if he want to run it his way,then fine.I don't miss a day without visiting this site.I love the humor of ToonaFish,Hyper a joy to read all his questions. Grizz an old fart like me,thinks he knows everything,and he pretty well does when it comes to trial and error with Donzis. I have a beef about different things that have occured with me in regards to dealings on this board, but all have been resolved. The problems had nothing to do with the people I was dealing with,it was other sources that caused the problems. I would hate to see anyone leave this board for any reason. I have never met anyone on this board, but consider all of you extended family.Time to go shovel snow and dream about living in the southern states.I went to Tulane(New Orleans) for 4 yrs and bitched about the heat everyday(pre donzi days)....Ed Donnelly

riverrat
04-05-2003, 06:45 AM
Man, can I be the last one to post on this?
Woodsy, Don't let the door hit you in the ass! You have no concept of what this board is all about in my opinion. It's for the fun of owning Donzi's. Scot has many responsiblities here. And one of them is to keep it going. Yes Donzi checks this site. WE USE THE LOGO! I think your bullsh*t ramblings are just that. Untill you run your own website that has the far reaching aspects that this one does you have no idea how to.Your all mouth at this point and looking stupid.. So, I for one won't miss your postings.. Scot, keep up the good work. LET'S GET THE BOATS OUT!! :D :D

<small>[ April 05, 2003, 06:47 AM: Message edited by: riverrat ]</small>

Scott Pearson
04-05-2003, 08:11 AM
Ok....my view for whats it worth. First let me answer a few questions that was asked of me.

Ranman.....As far as "Cant we all just get along" LIGHTEN up....I'm just trying to break some ice.

Bryan... The garage isnt started yet. Still waiting it to dry up a bit before pouring the footings. Dont want problems later. I will keep you posted. Thanks for asking!

OK...now my view on this whole thread. Everytime I come on here I have to read alot....more then I like to....things should be short and sweet. All the typing thats going on most likely doesnt get all read. Personaly I'm tired of reading all this stuff....Lets just move on and be done with it.

This crap is a whole days reading...I have stuff to do!

So I leave you all with these famous words of my granny!

http://www.donzi.net/photos/speargranny.jpg

(NJ)Scott

<small>[ April 05, 2003, 01:20 PM: Message edited by: Scott Pearson ]</small>

David O
04-05-2003, 09:34 AM
HarborMaster:
This topic has gone from BAD, to WORSE, to “WORSER”. PLEASE, exercise your right and DELETE the topic and let’s move on, before more damage is done.

mattyboy
04-05-2003, 10:10 AM
YOU'RE ALL WORHTLESS AND WEAK!!!!!!!
DROP AND GIVE ME FIFTY!!!!! :p wink :D :D :D
HEY GRANNY TUCK UP THOSE PAJAMAS!!!!! :D

Matt

<small>[ April 05, 2003, 10:12 AM: Message edited by: mattyboy ]</small>

BUIZILLA
04-05-2003, 10:12 AM
Where's the naked women?? And why haven't I seen them yet? :p

J

Palmetto Bay stalwart

<small>[ April 05, 2003, 10:13 AM: Message edited by: BUIZILLA ]</small>

Donzified
04-05-2003, 10:35 AM
Yes I am having fun.

"You can please some of the people some of the time.You can't please all the people all of the time."

I am so glad I found this site.It is nice to know I'm not the only one with this Donzified addition.

Marlin275
04-05-2003, 12:58 PM
You can't kill a thread on censorship that would be too much censorship!

This is the best thread in a long time, sure beats cleat reviews or questions about cheese removers.

fasttrucker
04-05-2003, 02:56 PM
OK...WE NEED A POLL...whos in favor of censor**** and whos not!oh but wait...how about...SHOULD NEGATIVE-donzi marine-net members-messages be allowed here or not?maybe we should have a special section " CRY BABYS POST HERE "kind of like the donzi girl section.WELL you know....

Crazy Horse
04-05-2003, 04:00 PM
Anyone have any thoughts about full frontal nudity? wink

I remember when I was a kid every Sunday night I would get to watch the top rock bands in the world on the Ed Sullivan show. For me this was an event. But to their dismay The Stones had to change the words in 'Lets Spend the Night Together' to 'Lets spend some time together'. The Doors had to change their reference to getting high in 'Light My Fire'. Dylan was not allowed to sing 'Rainy Day Woman' (well they stone ya...). Elvis was not shown on the screen below is waist, and so on. Point is censorship blows but in certain forums it does make sense. Scot keep up the good work....Woodsy hope you will reconsider your silence. Now I am out of here...going over to Donzi Girls where the sun always shines.

MOP
04-05-2003, 05:11 PM
FULL FRONTAL NUDITY HELL I AIN"T DROPPING MY DRAWS! :D :D :D

RedDog
04-05-2003, 06:06 PM
All I know is I'm having fun - you guys all crack me up - and I don't mean our new Donzi friend in TX - well he cracks me up too :D

Anyway, while I'm having fun others on their high horse won't know because they are not reading these posts - are they? Hey Racoon-Man - chill out and we all will give you a hug, buy you a beer, and all have fun - and no I don't drive a Miata - use to have a Midget and would like a Mini-C though - I'm still a man though :D

Mustang Susie
04-05-2003, 06:17 PM
i'm not sure? :p wink :confused: eek! :cool:

waleyetwo
04-05-2003, 06:24 PM
sorry wrong name i thought i was logged in.

harbormaster
04-05-2003, 06:30 PM
Last word on this and this thread is put to bed.

I appreciate everyones inputs even if I disagree with them.

After much analysis I have distilled what makes me feel compelled to delete a post.

When a third party posts their two cents about something Bad that happened between two people AND they do not Know without a doubt both sides then they should be silent about it. This is some thing that people should observe in everyday life, not just this mangy website.

Regarding Woodsy's last delted post. He was just fine till he named names. That was where it was a no no. If one of those parties were to get a bug up their rear and file legal action guess who is dragged into court also.....Me.

I have been contacted more than once by attorneys. No it is not all fun and games on this end. But I work very hard to keep it fun.

Here is the deep rooted version of why the "Ask Donzi Marine" section went away. If it had been all folks like Kraven saying that Donzi sucked because he bought a 60k 18 and could not get them to honor the warranty it would have been fine.
I was cool with that. He had a problem. He needed it fixed. I could give a rats ass about what Donzi Marine thinks of me. I am not going to lie, Its nice to have what little support they provide. That is not going to make me lie or cover up the truth. My loyalties are to the members of this site, not to the factory.

What made it totally unbearable for me was all of the posts from folks who had never bought a boat from Donzi Marine and never had warranty issues with Donzi Marine, who were getting whipped into a frenzy posting all of their replies and opinions on why Donzi Sucked. Can you say mob action?

The Forum was called "ASK DONZI MARINE" not "LETS ALL GIVE OUR 2 CENTS about someone else's situation". You can have the right to do that on this website but that is what the "Talk about anything you want" section is for (AS LONG AS YOU DO NOT NAME NAMES or derogatory code names).

As for Woodsy's last deleted post...
I handled it badly and should have just deleted the names instead of the whole post. I am far from perfect.(want more proof? I bought an 18 when I should have got a 22)

Everyone is always welcome unless you get barred. I have barred only one person. It was Tom Davis' Ex who posted very mean stuff about Tom's Girlfriend that was uncalled for.

That is pretty much it.

With all that is happening in the world right now this website is about as insignificant as a wart on a fly's Butt.

AND WOODSY. I HATE YOUR GUTS.
To prove it Next time I see you I will probably buy you only 2 beers instead of three like everyone else. Hang around. Do not stop coming by.

This ride is now closed. Please Exit to the left